Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open D-Day, June 6, 1944 | RolePlay

*Not Available*

You must fill out this 'enlistment form', as shown here. Rank (everyone is a Pvt untill somepony is givin a promotion), first name, nick name, and last name, you must RP as your OC, blood type, Branch (all will be US Army, infantry), MOS, SS# (make one up), and description of your character (must include the uniform description),and everyone will have an M1 carbine or M1 Garand .Then you are ready, so SIT DOWN, SHUT UP,  and enjoy. 

Example of enlistment form

Name: Thunder "PeaceKeeper" Drifter

Blood Type: O pos+

Branch: US Army

MOS: Infantry

SS#: RA 1258 1691

Description: between tall and short, blue and green hair, BCG glasses, US Army uniform (WWII), buff, strong hearted, kind, is going to push back if needed, and is willing to risk his life for his buddies

*as Sgt Drifter walked down the narrow halls of the navy ship, he found the chow hall and sat down with his friends to enjoy his meal and maybe his last but he wasnt really afraid of death, as long as he died next to his comrades with a rifle in his hand, he could stare down death* " he sits down with a group of people to enjoy his meal." 

(OOC: Damn, most creative RP i've seen in a while XD. You might wanna create an OOC thread for this RP, if you haven't already.)

Name: Golden "Goldie" Age

SS#: RA 1861 1998

Description: Average height, blonde mane and tail, grey skin, Standard Issue U.S. Army Enlistedman's pants, coat, boots, poutees, and M1 Helmet, armed with M1 Garand. Loyal, brave, compassionate, willing to die for his close friends

Golden Age walked through the long chow line. He ignored the cooks who continuously encouraged him to have some spaghetti and lots of other food that rarely showed itself. He knew the reason, they wanted to sent him off with a good breakfast before the slaughter. He declined the food, knowing he would probably throw it up anyway on the Higgins boats. He simply filled his canteen with water and got a cup of coffee at sat down.

"Surely they aren't sending us out in this storm, it'd be hell trying to land" he said to Thunder with a mixture of humor and seriousness  

(OOC: I know quite a lot about D-Day, so this should be very fun :3)

(OOC: Damn, most creative RP i've seen in a while XD. You might wanna create an OOC thread for this RP, if you haven't already.)

Name: Golden "Goldie" Age

SS#: RA 1861 1998

Description: Average height, blonde mane and tail, grey skin, Standard Issue U.S. Army Enlistedman's pants, coat, boots, poutees, and M1 Helmet, armed with M1 Garand. Loyal, brave, compassionate, willing to die for his close friends

Golden Age walked through the long chow line. He ignored the cooks who continuously encouraged him to have some spaghetti and lots of other food that rarely showed itself. He knew the reason, they wanted to sent him off with a good breakfast before the slaughter. He declined the food, knowing he would probably throw it up anyway on the Higgins boats. He simply filled his canteen with water and got a cup of coffee at sat down.

"Surely they aren't sending us out in this storm, it'd be hell trying to land" he said to Thunder with a mixture of humor and seriousness  

(OOC: I know quite a lot about D-Day, so this should be very fun :3)

"well were all gonna get f*cked over so what does it matter" "we'll live if god likes us enought" *he takes one good look at the men around him, well aware of the fate they will soon meet* "landing isnt going to be a problem, those damn crouts will be though" "fuckin nightmare" *turns at goldie* "I dont know bout you but im cocked, locked and ready to rock. Im gonna go and take inventory before we go" "hopefully it wont be too bad, I hope its like any other, get in, fuck shit up, and leave" *he knows is wont be that easy* *get to his bunk and starts to take inventory* " lets see, Garand, yep, web gear, of course, *counts 10 clips* clips good, helmet, yep, *and checks off a few other things* *takes a look at his tags* * a tear runs down his face* "I am an american soldier,I am a warrior and a member of a team.

I serve the people of the United States, and live the Army Values.

I will always place the mission first.

I will never accept defeat.

I will never quit.

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.

I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.

I am an expert and I am a professional.

I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy, the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.

I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.

I am an American Soldier. hooah"

(edited)

Name: Silver "Bookworm" Letter

Blood Type: A -

SS#: SL 1926-1944

Description: A bookish 18 year old. She has straight black hair with silver lining and fallow skin. Uniformed in the same way as the others, a military uniform and helmet. Average height and weight. Her standard issue weapon is the M1 Garand. 

Silver Letter was lying in her bunk in the tightly confined quarters of a navy ship that had been thrown together on the might of laborers thousands of miles away. It wasn’t that long ago that she saw the skies and soil of England for the first time. Or Europe for that matter. They were altogether foreign to this mare of 18, barely an adult and now on a mission on rough seas far from her home in New Jersey. She didn’t care for it but it wasn’t England’s fault. Even if the skies were as bright as jewels in the sun, she could never delight in anything. She knew that it was only a matter of time before the thing she tasted next would be her last. They say that travel cures depression but it’s not this kind that they talk about. This was no vacation. Silver Letter was headed to France. A beautiful land it is but its days had been darkened by a vile stallion and his evil Empire. It wasn’t as if she had sympathized with the Germans but she felt no ill will towards them. She wished for peace like her parents had but there was nothing they could do to stop her from being drafted into the army like millions of other unwitting citizens. Thrust into a war they didn’t want and didn’t call for. She worried that the tears she silently cried would end up rusting her weapon if she ever had to raise it to her cheek. Would they make a statue of such a spectacle, she wondered. But she simply didn’t want to fight. Nor did she wish others to go either. So many believed the same until a few years ago.

Now, she knew that things were coming to an end in Europe. As personnel did their business around the ship, she mellowed her body and her mind and let herself stare at a swinging light bulb attached to the ceiling. She wasn’t hungry. How could she eat when she would be put into a situation where she is forced to end a pony life and for no real reason at all? Except to see her family again…self-defense is what mattered. She had to get out of this safely. To care not if red, white and blue or black and silver fell on the ground…she just wanted to go home.

(OOC: Um, I hope I'm allowed to join this um, roleplay. I've never done one before. Um, and why can't we have a character on the German side? Or as a French resistance?)

Edited by ILetThePoniesIn

Name: Silver "Bookworm" Letter

Blood Type: A -

SS#: SL 1926-1944

Description: A bookish 18 year old. She has straight black hair with silver lining and fallow skin. Uniformed in the same way as the others, a military uniform and helmet. Average height and weight. Her standard issue weapon is the M1 Garand. 

Silver Letter was lying in her bunk in the tightly confined quarters of a navy ship that had been thrown together on the might of laborers thousands of miles away. It wasn’t that long ago that she saw the skies and soil of England for the first time. Or Europe for that matter. They were altogether foreign to this mare of 18, barely an adult and now on a mission on rough seas far from her home in New Jersey. She didn’t care for it but it wasn’t England’s fault. Even if the skies were as bright as jewels in the sun, she could never delight in anything. She knew that it was only a matter of time before the thing she tasted next would be her last. They say that travel cures depression but it’s not this kind that they talk about. This was no vacation. Silver Letter was headed to France. A beautiful land it is but its days had been darkened by a vile stallion and his evil Empire. It wasn’t as if she had sympathized with the Germans but she felt no ill will towards them. She wished for peace like her parents had but there was nothing they could do to stop her from being drafted into the army like millions of other unwitting citizens. Thrust into a war they didn’t want and didn’t call for. She worried that the tears she silently cried would end up rusting her weapon if she ever had to raise it to her cheek. Would they make a statue of such a spectacle, she wondered. But she simply didn’t want to fight. Nor did she wish others to go either. So many believed the same until a few years ago.

Now, she knew that things were coming to an end in Europe. As personnel did their business around the ship, she mellowed her body and her mind and let herself stare at a swinging light bulb attached to the ceiling. She wasn’t hungry. How could she eat when she would be put into a situation where she is forced to end a pony life and for no real reason at all? Except to see her family again…self-defense is what mattered. She had to get out of this safely. To care not if red, white and blue or black and silver fell on the ground…she just wanted to go home.

(OOC: Um, I hope I'm allowed to join this um, roleplay. I've never done one before. Um, and why can't we have a character on the German side? Or as a French resistance?)

*Sgt Drifter sees "bookworm" on her bunk* "hello, you seem upset, whats wrong?" "and if its about the landings I can understand that feeling of going somewhere and not making it back, alot of people are scared, but if you let that affect your thinking in combat, something bad WILL happen, you need to focus on the mission at hand, nothing bad will happen to you if your mind is clear and you stay close" "once those gates drop, you need to be thinking about getting on the beach because its gonna be a real shit storm" "and i'd even take a bullet if it meant getting you back to your family" "your not alone, everyone to your left and right, is your brother and they will watch out for you, if you watch out for them" "you get their back, they get yours"..."we leave in a few hours, oh and try not to eat to much, and take inventory before we leave" *gets up and walks away* "you'll be fine" *goes over to check on goldie, then heads back to his bunk for some reset before the landings* *thinks about death and how he would die, then remember what he's fighting for, and smiles as a tear runs down his cheek*

*Sgt Drifter sees "bookworm" on her bunk* "hello, you seem upset, whats wrong?" "and if its about the landings I can understand that feeling of going somewhere and not making it back, alot of ponies are scared, but if you let that affect your thinking in combat, something bad WILL happen, you need to focus on the mission at hoof, nothing bad will happen to you if your mind is clear and you stay close" "once those gates drop, you need to be thinking about getting on the beach because its gonna be a real shit storm" "and i'd even take a bullet if it meant getting you back to your family" "your not alone, everypony to your left and right, is your brother and they will watch out for you, if you watch out for them" "you get their back, they get yours"..."we leave in a few hours, oh and try not to eat to much, and take inventory before we leave" *gets up and walks away* "you'll be fine" *goes over to check on goldie, then heads back to his bunk for some reset before the landings* *thinks about death and how he would die, then remember what he's fighting for, and smiles as a tear runs down his cheek*

Sgt. Drifter was a kind pony, Silver thought to herself. Goodness and even honor must have dwelled in his heart. She had told him of her family and that she missed them. It was good that she was asked of such things. Though she had little to say that day except to be as polite as she could. She didn’t really want to think about food at a time like this. Food would just weigh her down if she had to jump into the water. If things were bad enough. She had heard of the practice landings at England. The Germans attacked them unexpectedly and killed so many. Thousands dead. Tanks fallen into the surf. She wasn’t there but lamented for the many that fell. Maybe more so for them than for her own life that teeters ever so perilously on the precipice. The plunge to her death.

It wasn’t as if she didn’t want to make friends but how could she? How could one make do with the unknown days or hours they have left to see each other? When that nice stallion or any other pony in that part of the ship could be shot in this operation they were sending them off too. The nature of war she knew only in books. It was in those soft pages that things were allowed to be peaceful and rational. In the real world, things were not so. But if only she was allowed to keep her life the way it was before anyway, then things wouldn’t have been so bad.

How far could she make it? Ten meters? Fifty? She didn’t know. Though she wanted to toss and turn and shake these nightmarish thoughts away, she knew that the time would come eventually. The time that she would either face this undesired plight or never go home again.

How could she let that happen? If there was any loyalty then it was too her three brothers and four sisters, all younger than her. Her parents and grandparents. She missed them so. At least, she kept a picture of them near. They could take away her free will but they could not strip memories from her heart.

ILetThePoniesIn, on 22 Jul 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

Sgt. Drifter was a kind pony, Silver thought to herself. Goodness and even honor must have dwelled in his heart. She had told him of her family and that she missed them. It was good that she was asked of such things. Though she had little to say that day except to be as polite as she could. She didn’t really want to think about food at a time like this. Food would just weigh her down if she had to jump into the water. If things were bad enough. She had heard of the practice landings at England. The Germans attacked them unexpectedly and killed so many. Thousands dead. Tanks fallen into the surf. She wasn’t there but lamented for the many that fell. Maybe more so for them than for her own life that teeters ever so perilously on the precipice. The plunge to her death.

It wasn’t as if she didn’t want to make friends but how could she? How could one make do with the unknown days or hours they have left to see each other? When that nice stallion or any other pony in that part of the ship could be shot in this operation they were sending them off too. The nature of war she knew only in books. It was in those soft pages that things were allowed to be peaceful and rational. In the real world, things were not so. But if only she was allowed to keep her life the way it was before anyway, then things wouldn’t have been so bad.

How far could she make it? Ten meters? Fifty? She didn’t know. Though she wanted to toss and turn and shake these nightmarish thoughts away, she knew that the time would come eventually. The time that she would either face this undesired plight or never go home again.

How could she let that happen? If there was any loyalty then it was too her three brothers and four sisters, all younger than her. Her parents and grandparents. She missed them so. At least, she kept a picture of them near. They could take away her free will but they could not strip memories from her heart.

*alarm* "shit, time to go" he says as he puts on his equipment and grabs his rifle,the halls filled with ponies, rushing to get to the boats. In the mess he finds bookworm and tells her to stay close,nervously everypony loads up. you can hear the explosions from the ship, he and bookworm are loaded on the same boat, which helped out alot in keeping her safe. "30 seconds!" the driver yells, Drifter looks over at bookworm, and she looks uncontrollably nervous. He knows what he has to do and what he will face. "20 seconds!" it seems like each time the driver yells out out time she get more and more frighted, I cant blame her, the driver is pretty much calling out how much time you have left before you become the victim of an MG-42 round. "10 seconds!" I never thought I would die next to all my buddies, its how I always wanted to die, but I couldn't think about death now, not 10 seconds away from hell. "5 seconds!" I smiled, because death smiles at everypony, but this time, I smile back. Right before the ramp drops I yell out "give em hell!" as one last display of courage.       

*alarm* "shit, time to go" he says as he puts on his equipment and grabs his rifle,the halls filled with ponies, rushing to get to the boats. In the mess he finds bookworm and tells her to stay close,nervously everypony loads up. you can hear the explosions from the ship, he and bookworm are loaded on the same boat, which helped out alot in keeping her safe. "30 seconds!" the driver yells, Drifter looks over at bookworm, and she looks uncontrollably nervous. He knows what he has to do and what he will face. "20 seconds!" it seems like each time the driver yells out out time she get more and more frighted, I cant blame her, the driver is pretty much calling out how much time you have left before you become the victim of an MG-42 round. "10 seconds!" I never thought I would die next to all my buddies, its how I always wanted to die, but I couldn't think about death now, not 10 seconds away from hell. "5 seconds!" I smiled, because death smiles at everypony, but this time, I smile back. Right before the ramp drops I yell out "give em hell!" as one last display of courage.

The tempestuous hammer of war and strife relayed its way across the Sea. Its existence forms the harbinger of things to come. The further sorrow of the West. The messenger taking form in a manner of Stallions and arms from Nations once foes and now have taken their company in conquest of the Continent of Europe.

The truth was that Silver Letter cared not for the winner of this contest. It is an eternal race to the top of a hill where a wrestling match of mighty champions as old as antiquity had played out. The short swords of the Roman legions that cut a path of conquest a thousand years old from Britain to the very end of the Continent to the modern rifles that could kill the strongest of Stallions without the vaguest sense that death was near. In a way, nothing had changed and she knew it. The Romans, in the end, had a lot of conscripts. They couldn’t dominate forever. She wondered if many that were sent far from home ever wished that they could step away from bloody fields and never witness such acts of cruelty again…such hope they may have never had.  

Silver’s helmet was slippery. The yelling from her superior in the same rocking boat was deafening enough to overcome the grinding of machines and the terror of the Sea. Her rifle in her hooves. Her hooves were white. Soon her self-preservation would be intact. She didn’t fear the weapons of the enemy but she desired to know if the most powerful and knowing of warriors could at last put the hammer down and settle their differences another way. But no matter what she thought, when they landed, the meaning of war and peace and struggles long past relevance to the nations of the Americas would fall behind trying to survive. To try and resist and make it back to a nation that sent her there. To show them that she was more powerful than they could ever believe. Either her fear would die or it would be her own death there on that foreign beach.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

*ramp drops* "get to cover! move!" I yelled...everything went black, I opend my eyes and saw 10 soldiers, ripped in half by the german killing machine, I grabbed bookworm, ran up the beach and put her down behind a german hedgehog, I looked into her eyes and saw family and friends the she may never see again, she started to tear up, mostly because of the MG-42 firing at us, I looked back to see if anypony else made it...they didn't, as I stared into the devils eyes I saw many good soldiers that had kids to go home to, for them it will be a distant dream due to cruel fate, bloody bodys, frozen in time, It was not a pleasant sight, but I had to keep moving, as more and more companys arrived we got more soldiers on the beach, which meant plenty dead, but we got closer to the sea wall, I looked at her and said "fire your rifle into those bunkers and inch or two above the flash", she may have been very scared but she did not hesitate to follow an order, and I knew from the begging she would serve a great purpose here. I started to think "how the fuck are we gonna get to the sea wall"...

Edited by USMCbrony141

• 1 month later...

Walker was in the second wave landing crafts, taking a few deep breaths. He was almost compulsively checking his weapon, wanting it to look perfect, make sure everything was working. He held his M1 carbine in shaking hooves as he took deep breaths. Using a weapon like this was... awkward for an earth pony. Some prefered to use thier tounges to pull the trigger, holding it in thier mouths.  Walker was more than a little jealous of unicorns, whom could use thier horns an magic to pull the trigger. Walker tapped his helmet with a hoof, making sure it wasn`t too loose. You can do this. You trained. You`re ready. He tried to convince himself it was true... he wasn`t certain.

Even from here, he could hear the gunhots going on the beach... screams of those who were hit, cries of ponies as they bled... he shuddered, trying to block it out. 30 seconds! Get ready! he heard his CO calling out, just barely above the rocking water and the gunshots. Already, bullets were flying at the landing craft... when those doors oppened... he could see them begining to open, saw the fire already upon it... an made a snap decision: He threw himself over the side of the boat, landing in the water... a good decision... a majority of those that had been in the landing craft were cut to ribbions in moments. He swam towards the beach, soaked, and heard bullets flying in all directions cover was the only thing that rang through his mind as he began running up the beach, throwing himself behind a german hedgehog. A SGT. good, someone to listen to. "Sir! The fuck are we gonna do!?" he cried desperately. Bullets were flying in all directions, slamming into thier cover... if there was a moment to feel pinned, it was now.

@,

@,  

• Brohoof 1

"Get the fuck off this god damn beach!" he yelled out to walker. He had an idea, "Everyone, check equipment and ammo!" "were gonna

move up slowly, 3 or 4 at a time, one squad gives covering fire to the others so they can move up, first up, last out." "We have seen into hell, time to meet the motherfucker behind it, HOOAH!" He looked around only to see bloody parts of the beach, the PT boat he was in was completely covered in blood, with about 7 bodies the rest were on the beach, torn to pieces, he couldn't afford any more losses, he only had half of a few PT boats with him. "I'll go up first, walker your next!" He grabbed a few guys and run up, he made it but his guys were hit, he ran up got both soldiers and make it back to cover. "you fucking leave my side again and i'll fucking shoot you myself!" He looked at his side, he was hit, "you sons of bitches!" he yelled, "Medic!" his buddy cried, he saw the medic run up, when the medic got up he took a look at the wound, Sgt closed his eyes for a second, heard a loud *ting* followed by a horrible noise, that sounded like a bulled went through his head, opened them and was covered in blood, but not his. 

Edited by USMCbrony141

@,

"Y-yessir!" Walker said, trying to take a moment to salute at the order before being given another, checking his equipment. He cursed as he realized he`d lost a few of his spare mags when he`d jumped into the water. He heard the order and nodded, taking position as he covered the Stallion moving up, along with those with him, taking pot-shots at the bunkers at the sea-wall. He doubted he`d hit a target, but he didn`t need to: he just needed to keep thier heads down. Next, he was moving up, rushing up the beach desperately on his hooves, trying hard not to slip, or trip on his own hooves.  He saw the SGT reach cover, but get hit in the process. "Buck!" he cried. With the SGT down, the number that would be covering him would be much less. He looked at the mare that had been assiting him covering him with her M1 Grande (Silver Letter) "Come on!" he cried, making a run for it, bullets flying all around him, one grazing his leg, and although it stung and burned, he ignored it and made it to the next piece of cover... seeing the slumped body of a medic over the SGT "Shit! hang on..." he said, moving the medic off of the Stallion. "Hold on... hold on..." he said, applying pressure to the wound, calling out for a medic, but if there were any nearby, they couldn`t hear him over the gun fire. A corporal near them came over, and took a breath. Hang on... get some gauze from the medic... this is gonna be bloody... The corporal unicorn took a breath to steady himself, and used his telekinsis... on the bullet lodged in the sergeant`s side, ripping it out. Walker quickly grabbed the gauze from the fallen medic, attempting to use it to stop the bleeding. "do... do you want something for the pain?" he asked, unsure if the SGT would want to keep a clear head. 

• Brohoof 1

"Just get this fucking thing out of me!" "god damnit!"  he looked around to see where they were, he could see the bunkers, he smiled.

"Am I getting fucked over or are we at the sea wall?" he said as he smiled followed by a pinch of pain, "Walker, get the rest of these men up the beach, if the corporal isnt done, you guys gotta leave me" "GO"  *about and hour later* "corporal you done yet...sweet" "Walker, move your men up!" "get those bangalores up here, now!" Sgt grabbed the bangalore and set it off, "we aint out of the woods yet" "watch for mines"..."throw a grenade at the mines!" "make a path!" *they make it to the bunkers* "Alright listen up, we have faced hell, and stared down death, we are the US Army Infantry, deaths worst nightmare! HOOAH! Lets show those crout bastards who runs this fucking show!! Sgt turned around to see fields of bodies, most of which were close friends, "There death will not be in vein, I promised there mothers they would return, I shall promise them the blood of the enemy who has murdered her son" "Clear those fucking bunkers!" *we thought we cleared them all, Sgt saw a german with his weapon pointed at Walker, he run in front of the bullet *zip* Sgt turned around and shot the german with what ever strength he had left as he fell to the ground. "Fuck, huh, how did I know this was going to happen?" he asked himself.