Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games that have enriched your life

akalink

Before posting. Please take the time (if you so chose too) to watch this video as it will help you to understand what it means to "Enrich lives". It links to a video from the series "Extra Credits"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np1GwEv_G4U#at=114

Some games are entertaining. Some have changed how we think about the world. What games have enriched your life?

For me it was the first game I ever preordered, my very first Zelda game. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker came out in my early teens. I was still very much maturing as a person. I also have a younger sibling so the game really spoke to me as an older brother. The game taught me something very important about responsibility. Link in the game had saved his sister, but he battle was not over. Link was set to defeat the evil that started his adventure in the first place. For those who have the power to defeat evil, it is their duty to do so. The strong have the duty to protect the week because their nature of strength calls them too.

• Brohoof 1

Well, the game that most closely "enriched" my life probably was Portal.

Before playing it, I used to judge everything by its cover. Like "I won't taste that food because it doesn't look tasty"

After playing it I learned never to do that again. Like in the game, GLaDOS was at first all nice to you offering cake for when you completed the game but, a couple of chambers later, BAM she tries to kill you.

• Brohoof 1

Hm, I dunno, I can't really say that I can think of any games that truly enriched my life exactly. Atleast that I know of. I suppose I could count people I've come to know from playing Battle field heroes(a game i don't play anymore at all.) as being an enrichment, i mean we still play other stuff and League of Legends together, but as far as teaching me something or stuff like that idk.

I could go out on a limb and say that Kotor taught me that my choices mater, but that really is probably stretching the statement.

Honestly I can't think far enough back to any games that would've enriched my life, so idk.

The Last of Us forced me to ponder the meaning of life from the perspective of self-fulfillment. It presents the argument that one must find things worth living for, and not simply scrape out an existence. It argues that one must not forget the past, or cast it aside. Rather, people need to embrace their past, and persevere through life's challenges with the hope that things will get better. It criticizes the conventional view of morality. There are sacrifices far more ultimate than one's own death, and sometimes there is no cause great enough to justify making these sacrifices.

I definitely had a lot of thinking to do after I finished The Last of Us. That game made me reexamine every belief I had about humanity.

Well, I borrowed my friends copy of Specs Op The Line. After the game makes the player turn into an evil asshole and then blames the player for it, I realized that there are people in the industry dumber than Gabe Newell.

But being serious, Persona 3 made me think a lot about how people have to choose what to do with their lives, even when it's difficult.

Hmm, I guess the closest I have got to having my life "enriched" by a game would be caused by the following two games.

Heavy Rain

Journey

In Heavy Rain, you make a lot of difficult decisions, and it really makes you think what is right. One of my favorite decisions you have to make in this game is the following. In this game, your son has been captured by a serial killer, and you need to find him within a short period of time or he dies. To find him, you have five different trials to go through that upon completion, give a couple of letters of the address of the location of your son. If you don't do the trial, you don't get the letters for that trial making it harder to find your son. Anyway, the decision comes from one of the trials. In order to get the letters, you must kill an innocent man who has done no wrong to you. To make things harder, he has two young daughters to care for. So, the choice is you kill him, and get the letters making it easier to find your son, or you don't kill him which means you are risking the death of your son.

Journey is a beautiful game that taught me an important lesson about life. No matter the struggles we face; there is always paradise waiting for us.

Out of all the games I've played that have taught me anything, the best one would be The Last of Us.

When you play this game, it is more of an emotional journey. People die, people sacrifice, innocent people have their normal lives taken. When I completed that game, I sat through the whole credit roll, thinking about my life so far, and how this game has taught me many factors.

The one main thing TLOU will teach you is how to let go of the past, and what it's like to lose someone.

The BIGGEST thing is that you have to lose something to achieve another.

The second best would be Red Dead Redemption, mainly because it seems to teach about self-redemption and honor, and how you can go from one of the most horribly-known outlaws to a good guy. Quite an emotional and unforgettable story, but not as great as The Last of Us.

No More Heroes and God Hand. I used to play games for epic stories and heroic accomplishments, but when I got these two games, it reminded me, sometimes in a game I just want to screw around and be a complete badass

(edited)

Dudes, I'll tell you about a game.....a game where you wake up as a pokemon.....Pokemon Red and Blue rescue team. Man that game is like my own personal Motivator. IT'S MY LIFE

Edited by Toa of Ponies