Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

anyone else finds the whole "20% cooler" a bit annoying?

Mywas

so I understand quoting Your favourite characters. But when you quote something they they only said once and act like they say it all the time is kinda silly. some bronies take the 20% Cooler as a code that all bronies should follow. Personaly I never used it, Infact I used yay a couple of times when its fitting. But some bronies use it all the time to the point that it makes bronies look bad. no offense to any brony but thats how I feel

• Brohoof 9

I think it's fine. It just gets annoying when they use it in every single sentence. Other than that it doesn't really bother me.

• Brohoof 14

I don't mind quoting it here and there, I don't find the quote itself annoying since I find it very funny. The only time I find the quote annoying is when some ponies continue to use it over and over when near to me. Other then that, I don't mind it

• Brohoof 3

If you don't like the way your friend talks and if you find the little quotes they use annoying then you should just find a new friend instead of complain. They don't hurt anyone with it and it brings them joy, the way they talk is a part of who they are and you should accept it if you really care about them.

I still can't even understand why saying quotes from MLP would be annoying...

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

There are those who use it all the time, those who never used it and I'd say most of us just say it once in a while. I've seen the use of this phrase in quite a lot of forms, sometimes it was clever, sometimes it was funny and of course sometimes it was just dumb. Even if you can't take it anymore, it will persist. This thread seems a tiny bit similar to the haters complaining about MLP. Just sayin'...

Edited by Blue Bay
  • Brohoof 1

I think I'm gonna stop by this thread for a bit, take in the sights, and maybe make a quick post.

Ya know, just to make this thread about 20% cooler. ;)

• Brohoof 5

If you don't like the way your friend talks and if you find the little quotes they use annoying then you should just find a new friend instead of complain. They don't hurt anyone with it and it brings them joy, the way they talk is a part of who they are and you should accept it if you really care about them.

I still can't even understand why saying quotes from MLP would be annoying...

Um no, sorry but no..... how about just politely mentioning that they are over doing it, real friends don't mind a bit of complaining constructive criticism, and real friends trust you enough to be honest, even if it stings a little, and there is no reason to stop being friends at all, just because you disagree with something, as long as you can remain civil and find a way to put it aside

• Brohoof 6

It has various levels of annoyance.  When someone says it all the time it's very annoying, but when used right it can be a good reference if not overdone.

• Brohoof 1

Um no, sorry but no..... how about just politely mentioning that they are over doing it, real friends don't mind a bit of complaining constructive criticism, and real friends trust you enough to be honest, even if it stings a little, and there is no reason to stop being friends at all, just because you disagree with something, as long as you can remain civil and find a way to put it aside

Sure, that works too. I just wanted to be dramatic about it and show that if a friend is saying it "All the fucking time" you should do something and not complain on the internet behind their back.

• Brohoof 2

Wait why is everyone assuming I am talking about a friend? I am ttalking about Bronies on Other sites that aren't pony related and they overuse it a lot 

• Brohoof 1

Wait why is everyone assuming I am talking about a friend? I am ttalking about Bronies on Other sites that aren't pony related and they overuse it a lot 

I wasn't, its just a general rule of thumb. catch phrases are interesting if use at the right time, which doesn't mean after every single comment...aka reading everyone's fortune cookie and then adding "in bed" at the end of it.

• Brohoof 1

I only find it annoying when people say that everything is '20% cooler'. I mean, for example, 'I just ate a sweet that made my tastebuds 20% cooler!'. No, you ate a sweet.

Lol, thats funny, I hadn't heard of a situation like that before. I guess keeping true to the phrase's initial mean it would only work if it was used regarding a singular object.

• Brohoof 1

I only find it annoying when people say that everything is '20% cooler'. I mean, for example, 'I just ate a sweet that made my tastebuds 20% cooler!'. No, you ate a sweet.

You're right.  When people use it for everything then it is just unbearable.  The T-shirts I don't find annoying, they are kinda cool, I just don't see them a lot.

• Brohoof 2

Anyone else thinks being called a brony is annoying?
Anyone else thinks people calling Fluttershy thne cutest is annoying?
Anyone else thinks that people who say <name of a pony> is my waifu are annoying?
Anyone else thinks Rainbow Dash is annoying?
Anyone else thinks that people who moan about new episode are annoying?

• Brohoof 2

Popping in to post, thus again making the thread 20% cooler, but it appears we have a conundrum. See, I already made this thread 20% cooler with my previous post. So if I post again, does it make its original value an additional 20% cooler (thread coolness * 1.4), or do I make its current coolness value, which came as a result of my previous post, 20% cooler ((thread coolness * 1.2) * 1.2)?

• Brohoof 3

Huh, I thought bronies forgot about that quote a while ago. I actually forgot about it until now and now that I think about it, it is a little old and a bit annoying.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Its fine.

But when someone comments ''Blah Blah 20% cooler BLAH'' on a YouTube video that is totally UNRELATED-

to My Little Pony what-so-ever, it tends to get on peoples nerves. Which usually ends up stirring up a war on that-

video's comments. Trust me, i'v seen it happen plenty of times. 

Edited by Detective Sparkles
  • Brohoof 2

this quote all depends on how you treat it 20% is not the only one that is said a lot but my opinion of it will be different then other you just got to roll with it and just stay calm and collected

• Brohoof 1