Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

anyone else finds the whole "20% cooler" a bit annoying?

Mywas

Its fine.

But when someone comments ''Blah Blah 20% cooler BLAH'' on a YouTube video that is totally UNRELATED-

to My Little Pony what-so-ever, it tends to get on peoples nerves. Which usually ends up stirring up a war on that-

video's comments. Trust me, i'v seen it happen plenty of times. 

EDIT: Crap, i forgot my banner says it too. Unfortunately i'm too lazy to change it because i don't want to go on a               scavenge hunt for one. 

Possible MLP trolls or trolls in general trying to annoy everyone with their posts that probably don't make sense or are out of context because they probably don't even know what it means or where it originated from.

• Brohoof 2

It's only "annoying" if people use it outside of the Brony fandom. It doesn't really fit anywhere else. That's like our phrase or something. mlp-puhh.png

• Brohoof 1

Meh, it's just like anything else, it's not really annoying but if it is over done then yeah it then becomes annoying, it has been over used a bit but if anything though I'd have to say it's more tiresome than annoying. Though I don't think the people who over use it realise they are doing it half the time, and it's probably not that they are deliberately trying to get on your wick about it either.

• Brohoof 1

I like it because when RD said it, it didn't really seem like the writers wanted it to get out there, I don't think it was intended to be a popular thing. However you have to remember, this was season 1.So everything the ponies said was gold.

• Brohoof 1

I like it because when RD said it, it didn't really seem like the writers wanted it to get out there, I don't think it was intended to be a popular thing. However you have to remember, this was season 1.So everything the ponies said was gold.

Thats a good point, the whole reintroduction to ponies really took everyone off guard. You also raise another good point, since Rainbow Dash is best pony you can't blame people fro trying to be cool like her.

• Brohoof 1

Thats a good point, the whole reintroduction to ponies really took everyone off guard. You also raise another good point, since Rainbow Dash is best pony you can't blame people fro trying to be cool like her.

Rainbow dash in general Is very overrated. even its opinion people state that shes the best and expect everyone to agree with that. To be honest She is my least favourite Mane Six with Pinkie as my favourite. no wonder i hate 20% cooler

• Brohoof 2

It's basically a brony meme. And that's all any meme is, really. At least quote-related ones. It's something that was said once with no intended significance, but it caught on for some reason.

That being said, people who say it CONSTANTLY are annoying. But that has nothing to do with the phrase itself. Anything said constantly gets annoying.

Well, everything except "Applejack is best pony". That can never be said enough. ;)

• Brohoof 3

Rainbow dash in general Is very overrated. even its opinion people state that shes the best and expect everyone to agree with that. To be honest She is my least favourite Mane Six with Pinkie as my favourite. no wonder i hate 20% cooler

I can understand her appeal and your views, she does come off a bit...not abrasive...shoot I'll think of the word in a minute. I can understand how she rubs people the wrong way with her personality.

• Brohoof 1

I'm fine with it in a signature or used by a Dashie fan once in a while, but when people use it in every post they make and they try and get others to do it, that's when it gets annoying.

• Brohoof 1

Well personally, I only say "20% cooler" only when it is appropriate...Such as giving suggestions! It is not cool when you used those words very often now and then...

Lesson to be learnt here: Say things only at the right time !

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I say it when the time is right, I don't like to say it all the freaking time like most bronies do.
I find it a bit annoying, actually..

Edited by Nature Of Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 2

If you don't like the way your friend talks and if you find the little quotes they use annoying then you should just find a new friend instead of complain. They don't hurt anyone with it and it brings them joy, the way they talk is a part of who they are and you should accept it if you really care about them.

I still can't even understand why saying quotes from MLP would be annoying...

I used to think this about everything till I had 2 friends where everything they said would be a direct quote or reference to game of thrones.

Throwing in the odd reference is fnine and doesn't bother me (with MLP or anything), I think it's more the fact that some of my friends disslike MLP, just as I don't like GOT, and to go on about something they dislike so they don't really get the reference I know would just be annoying for them as they can't "join in the fun".:P

• Brohoof 2

I use some quotes when they feel appropriate. I think some bronies spam the buck out of it because they think its funny but, no one ever likes that type of brony. You just learn to tolerate and except them. lolz

• Brohoof 2

I quote the show sometimes. Not that much though, and only while talking to my mom. If she didnt watch the episode I will most likely not though, because if someone doesnt know where you are quoting from then its not the same.

• Brohoof 1

I feel there is a limit to using such catch phrases, but as long as they make sense and amusing then I don't have a problem with it. I think that everyone's personal tolerance of it differs a small amount here and there. Just say it when it makes sense and I don't have a problem.

• Brohoof 1

It is pretty annoying, sure I'm a Rainbow Dash fan but I don't use 20% cooler too much since it would annoy a lot of people. So, I just say other quotes that aren't annoying.

• Brohoof 1

I don't have a problem with the phrase. It is a cool line, after all - perhaps about 20% cooler than most other memorable one-liners from the show - but perhaps it is getting a little overused. I mean, you know you've driven a reference into the ground when even non-bronies are well aware of what it means. It's basically lost all its effectiveness as one of our "code phrases" to subtly communicate with other bronies.

We'd better just hope that "I am not whining, I am complaining" or "Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!" don't get found out, otherwise we're all royally bucked.

• Brohoof 1

No, not really I mean I am sure there are some people that have overused that phrase but "20% cooler" is far from being the most annoying and overused meme. One of the meme's that really annoyed me the most was the "then I took an arrow to the knee" meme from I think it was Skyrim if I remember correctly. Now that one really made me want to reach into my computer screen and say "for the love of all that is unholy can you please say something else."

Oh 20% cooler man! This thread is 20% cooler than the last one I read! Gee, your brain is 20% cooler than everyone else's, and this post is 20% cooler than the one below it. :umad:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Seriously. If we stop saying one annoying thing, we'll start saying another. ^_^

20 Percent Cooler doesn't annoy me at all. It's just a way within our Fandom to say something has improved, gotten better, needs improvement, or something else. That's all the input I can put into this topics, I think my post needs to be about ehh... 20% cooler?

• Brohoof 1