Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you know/are friends with your neighbors?

Flutter's lover <3

I live in an apartment complex, one time when my mother was visiting, one of the neighbour's dogs wandered over in front of our building and pooped.  The owners of the dog only laughed and never cleaned it up(it was a big dog too) so my mother complains to the management about them.  For our complex, there's a charge for not picking up after your dog and also a leash law, so the neighbours got mad at us for it.  So whenever I go outside, someone kindly yells, "Stupid b*tch," something similar to that, or threatens me.  Now those charming neighbours I mentioned before, has complained to the other neighbours in our segment of the complex.  Those other neighbours believe all those horrible things the initial dog owners have said about me and most of them hate me too now...  I don't really want to talk to these people either, since I feel whatever I would say to them would become twisted and go out the other ear.

TL:DR: My neighbours are bullies, I can't wait until my lease is up...

When I was younger I was friends with some neighbors, yes. Not anymore though. Some of the moved away, and some of them, we just grew apart. Oh well, my neighbor friends were never really all that great anyways.

My next door neighbor is a really interesting guy, and I think we get along pretty well. He's middle-aged, but he's still very lively and active. I see him loading stuff into his car all the time, and he'll tell me he's going traveling or camping or whatever. He's a really smart guy too from what I've observed. Oh, he actually just got back from vacation and was kind enough to buy me a shirt. I thought it was super nice of him to do that, and I really like the shirt. Been wearing it around lately. :)

Nope, I know nothing about them in the slightest. I'm barely friends with my actual friends and family, let alone my neighbors. :P

• Brohoof 1

Eh, my neighbors aren't of my age really, they're all adults or like adults with really small children.

however its my stepdads house, and he knows them because in the place we live everyone knows each other it seems, its a smaller little town/city whatever it is. Plus my stepdad's lived there a while so yeah.

While I know the neighbors as in i've seem them, I am no where close to being their friends.

In my old house I knew my neighbors though, we even had a few times we gathered at one neighbors house to watch sports games a few times, even if i don't enjoy sports a whole lot it was still fun.

Also use to be two kids who where younger then me and more my brothers age, but still. Who we where  sorta friends with, they came over to play and stuff occasionally.

Here that never happens with me, and only rarely happens to my brother.

I know my neighbors. I'm not friends with them, my parents are. They are all grown-ups, except for one guy. He was my friend for years until I told him I was a brony, now he hates me. As for the others, I tend to avoid them since conversation is not my thing.

Most of mine (aka the people living around me) I don't know, I know one family but I try to avoid them because they get on my nerves but I'm to nice to tell them. I used to see their son (who's nice and all but he needs to learn a few manners) but now I rarely do.

Yeah I am friends with my neighbors, since I've known them since I was little. I'm glad that they are my friends, I don't see them that much at all anymore.

I'm pretty close to my neighbors. I can come over to their house and share a coffee whenever I want; any of them. Well, some of them are mean, but I still get around it.

I like our neighbors, but they don't like my family.  They think we called the cops on their kid or something.  They had a meeting with everyone around the lake about us.  So I think they hate us.

(edited)

Im friends with one of my neighbors, because she seems to understand me better than everyone else, due to the fact people like me are considered "weird." (She is actually a little older than me, and in the grade above, her mother is actually one of my dad's uh... shall we say business partners? {my dad uses manure from her horses for his garden})

The other neighbors are annoying and boisterous. They are drunkards with two kids, that destroy pretty much anything. 

Edited by Gamer P0N3

I'm only close to one of my neighbors, but where close enough to where I consider her my third grandmother. Outside of that, I don't hang out with my neighbors much

For the most part, my neighbours are parents. We have an elderly couple down the street who are really nice folk and an African-Canadian family just across us. Their kids are so cute!  :wub:  :wub:

Not here. Been living in this huge subdivision for nearly a year and I've yet to get to know anybody. I know a few by name, but I wouldn't count that.

Where I used to live, way out in the country, I knew almost everyone. My immediate neighbors, people down the road, and throughout that area of the county. Some of us would get together for dinner or just to watch some TV, would sit on the porch and talk, went on a couple of trips together, and picked things up from the store for each other. We were always there for each other in times of need as well, such as funerals. We were pretty good friends. I still keep in touch with some of them despite how far apart we are and not getting to see much of each other.

I used to know a few neighbors, and we were really close. But then, something just... happened. Like, everybody else moved away. All that's left is people that I know exist, and that's it.

(edited)

There is 80-something years old mostly-deaf lady, a family that speaks a language I didn't identify in 3 years and a really loud and obnoxious family that has a dog that pees around the apartment building living next to, under and above me. We are not friends or know each other and it won't change if I can help it, I like to keep it private.

Edited by Jessper

I was friends with almost my neighbors when I lived in my old house... WE all almost all like family D: BUT I moved away :\ my next door neighbor was pretty much like my grandma she made cookies and stuff for me and let me do whatever I wanted in her house :P

Where I live, the neightbours who are closest to me, we know the best...obviously. We help each other out a lot. Cooking and don't have an ingredient? Ask a neighbour, and they'll ask you in the future if they need help. Going on a vacation? My neighbours would keep an eye on my house and feed my pets, and I'd do the same.

The other people who don't live as close to us, but on our street are merely acquaintances I guess. We get along and whatnot but we're not as close to each other as the neighbours who live nearer.

Not really though I do work with one of my neighbours and we are on friendly terms. She even said we should have coffee sometime but I haven't had an opportunity yet. Plus I hate coffee..

My neighbors = my sister in law with her husband and her son, my mother and father in law, and another family in which I only met the wife.  She told me if anyone suspicious comes around, call her and that she was fully loaded o.o