Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is this too girly?

not_a_name

134 users have voted

1. 1. Is this too girly?

• No.
    • Yes.

(edited)

Now, I want to but a necklace through amazon but I don't know.. I t seems a little too girly for a 13 year old boy. I would wear It outside of my shirt, just tucked under my shirt to have dashie with me at all times. I just wanted to get your opinions on it. Thanks for any advice

EDIT I meant I would NOT wear it outside of my shirt

~dyaviator

Necklace:

post-13111-0-43444000-1374549977_thumb.jpg

Edited by dyaviator
  • Brohoof 21

It doesn't really look that girly. Of course, I'm a girl, soo.... It'd be different if it was Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy; 2 of the more girliest designs in the show. So, I wouldn't worry.

• Brohoof 3

Well, it depends on how you feel. If you just don't care about what other people have to say, then just do it. I've been looking at a Fluttershy one to get, and I'm a 15 year old guy. But people can just deal with it haha ;)

• Brohoof 7

Dude...that is so awesome. Where can I get one of those? Dashie is probably the least girly pony, so I think you would be okay wearing it...maybe...lol

I've seen that same necklace sold at Hot Topic. They have different necklace designs for both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

• Brohoof 3

Doesn't seem girly. :3 I don't think it's girly at all; nopony would notice. I mean, bow ties and pink rainbows is girly, but RD isn't girly at all. Besides, show your brony spirit with it. :)

• Brohoof 3

I personally wouldn't do it. I have always been of the opinion that pendants such as this look... questionable... on a dude. That being said, it's your money and your style, do with it as you please.

• Brohoof 1

Nah, I wouldn't say it's girly. I actually own that necklace, and I recommend getting it if you like RD. I know plenty of guys who wear necklaces, and I've never thought it was girly whatsoever.

Dude...that is so awesome. Where can I get one of those? Dashie is probably the least girly pony, so I think you would be okay wearing it...maybe...lol

They sell it at Hot Topic. Here's an online link

• Brohoof 2

I think one of the manliest things someone could possibly do is to have the balls to not care what others think and if they so choose wear something like that which some people may consider girly. But Rainbow Dash is probably the least "girly" of the mane ponies both in personality and appearance so it is about as non girly as you could go for a pony necklace. If I got one of these I would probably get an Applejack or a Luna one or maybe Twilight or Derpy.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

As another brony said on these forums (I can't remember their name D: ) :

"I think that feminism and masculinity are nothing more than oppressive social constructs."

So, yeah, "girly" and "manly" aren't considered real things in my book. :3

EDIT:

@@dyaviator,  No seriously, that sentence I have quoted in this post; that's really all you need to remember. c:

Edited by Becker (Fender)
  • Brohoof 5

Now, I want to but a necklace through amazon but I don't know.. I t seems a little too girly for a 13 year old boy. I would wear It outside of my shirt, just tucked under my shirt to have dashie with me at all times. I just wanted to get your opinions on it. Thanks for any advice

~dyaviator

Necklace:

attachicon.gifrdnecklace.jpg

I don't think it's girly in the first place. And what actually is the definition of "girly" anyways? Something meant for girls? Well, nothing is meant for either general (bronies for example), so nothing is really girly anymore.

My answer is no, that is the manliest necklace you can get (unless it's Fluttershy, she is way more manlier). Get it , who cares if they make fun of you, it's your choice and wear it with pride! :D

• Brohoof 3

Kinda turned into life advice but whatever. I just got it after about 5-10 mins of my mom talking about how Rainbows are like the "Gay Pride" symbol and stuff. She already knew I was a brony, but it has slightly worried me that she thinks I might be gay. I am straight, but I'm not sure what my mom thinks. Any suggestions what to do? I don't really want to be Like :  "MOM I'M NOT GAY" or whatever but I don't want her to think MLP or RD is gay.

Thanks

~dyaviator

• Brohoof 2

Quite simply, don't worry about it, and if your mom brings it up, then calmly handle it and explain yourself and what you think about the show and fandom.

• Brohoof 1

Yes yes it is! NOW GIVE ME THAT THING CUZ IT'S GIRLY!

Now for the serious answer, no. Wear it as you please. As long as you don't shout around saying that you're a Brony, nobody will give you a weird look.

• Brohoof 2

No, it isn't. It looks really cool, honest. It shouldn't matter if it is girly or not anyway. If you feel comfortable wearing it, then wear it. Care not what others think. Their opinions mean nothing.

• Brohoof 2

Girly? Even with all the people obsessed with being "Manly" around here, i've seen plenty wearing necklaces and never getting anything.

You wouldn't get anything more from that then wearing any other brony merchandise really.

Besides it looks awesome, it is in no way really that girly to me, and besides, who cares? Gender stereotypes are stupid as crap anyways. If you like it you wear it :D

Only reason I could say this is girly is because its MLP, but honestly I don't think thats a reason, and even if it is, gender stereotypes.. Sorry I hate those :P.

I think you should get it, Rainbow is awesome, and Necklaces aren't girly in my opinion. I've thought of getting one before, but never have.

• Brohoof 2

I'll toss in my word of opinion: I have a friend who owns this exact same necklace- I didn't think it looked too girly on him at all. If you like it, go for it! If it would make you happy owning it, there's no reason you shouldn't get it. c:

• Brohoof 2

Kinda turned into life advice but whatever. I just got it after about 5-10 mins of my mom talking about how Rainbows are like the "Gay Pride" symbol and stuff. She already knew I was a brony, but it has slightly worried me that she thinks I might be gay. I am straight, but I'm not sure what my mom thinks. Any suggestions what to do? I don't really want to be Like :  "MOM I'M NOT GAY" or whatever but I don't want her to think MLP or RD is gay.

Thanks

~dyaviator

I don't see why you should automatically assume Rainbows=Gay. Seriously Rainbows are beautiful... 

Sorta irrelevant, but I had a Rainbow in my old room in the other house I lived in. Infact I had it till we moved out, because we never painted over it. But that doesn't make me Gay, nothings wrong with being Gay, but I'm not. I don't think because the Gay pride thing is Rainbow colored that people can't enjoy Rainbow's and other Rainbow colored things without people assuming their Gay.

And again, using Gay as an insult is dumb. And I really don't see the problem with being Gay, but I understand if your parents don't share those views, maybe try to make her understand that its a dumb judgement to make about you anyways. Rainbows do not equal Gay, atleast in my book.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Dude I'm not stopping you from doing it, actually I say that you should just do it if your not a super closet brony. But I thought I should point out that to non-bronies, RD is pretty girly. I mean come on. Her mane and tail are rainbows, and anyone who would hate on bronies would most likely think rainbows are girly. Non-bronies wouldn't know that RD is a tomboy and is pretty cool. So yea. That was for all the people saying RD is the manliest.

Edited by Ampharos
  • Brohoof 1