Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are Creepypastas Considered NSFW?

Remi
Go to solution Solved by NavelColt,

I am aware of the strictness against NSFW content on this forum, however, I would like to know if creepypastas are considered Not Safe For Work content?

And by creepypastas, I mean orginal creepypastas, not copied off a website.

If they aren't, would they be better posted as a topic, or in a blog entry?

If they are considered NSFW, would that be based on what the creepypasta contains and portrays? Or are they just considered NSFW content in general?

Thank you for your time.

If we don't ban the linking or mentioning of fan fictions such as Rainbow Factory, Cupcakes or Sweet Apple Massacre (which contain content to match most creepypastas in terms of being unsettling) then I'd say posting a creepypasta wouldn't hurt. There's a thread for creepypastas, in fact, and I haven't seen much trouble going on down there.

• Brohoof 1

I do believe that it would depend on the content of the "creepypasta" (honestly i still dont get what a creepypasta is exactly, is it like a scary story or something?)

Creepypastas are essentially stories created to shock/startle/scare the reader. For example, the infamous Cupcakes, is a shock read, since it depicts the tearing apart of limbs of Rainbow Dash.

Now, I felt the need to ask this, because Sweet Apple Massacre, could be considered NSFW, due to the portraying of Sexual Abuse.

However, not all of the creepypastas depict this, so it isn't an easy judgement for me.

If we don't ban the linking or mentioning of fan fictions such as Rainbow Factory, Cupcakes or Sweet Apple Massacre (which contain content to match most creepypastas in terms of being unsettling) then I'd say posting a creepypasta wouldn't hurt.

We do ban those links :P All of those examples contain inane amounts of gore and grotesque themes, and have always been hidden, and NSFW warnings handed out for posting direct links to them. Discussion of them is fine, but direct links are not. While creepypastas in of themselves are fine, their content matter is very subjectable. As 92 said, it's a case-by-case basis. If you have a creepypasta that contains gore or high levels of violence and slurs, that shouldn't be here. If you have a creepypasta that's just creepy, and doesn't contain tons of gore or anything else that would sit with NSFW, then that'd probably be okay.

Because of the subjection, I'd encourage you to create a Support Ticket and ask the administration for when you find something you'd like to post. That's one of the things Support Tickets are specifically for, in fact :) When creating a new topic in this section, you'll notice the following:

IMPORTANT: Before making a new topic, please be sure to check out the forum's Official Resource Map and FAQ. You may find your question has already been answered!

This board is intended solely for site questions and tech support. All matters involving the following must be routed through our support ticket system:

• Moderation
  • Moderation disputes
  • Questions regarding what may or may not be appropriate for the site
  • Advertising queries
  • Complex technical issues that only a Tech Admin can deal with
  • Brohoof 7