Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do some people only listen to brony music?

Champion RD92

I didn't start listening to Brony music until I went to a convention and got to meet various artist or hear their music. DJ Tetsuo and Eurobeat Brony were some of the people I found really exceptional in the community. I like their music, but I still drive town playing the public classical station.

I've never listened to brony music so I don't know how good it is, but I'm assuming its possible to listen to only that. Technically, it's just like someone who only listens to rock.

Because my good Balto-loving friend, these people are obsessed and lifeless. There's no problem listening to Brony music, but when that's all you ever listen too, you have a problem.

Because my good Balto-loving friend, these people are obsessed and lifeless. There's no problem listening to Brony music, but when that's all you ever listen too, you have a problem.

Yeah, I mean, there is so much actual music out there, I don't get why anyone would ever want to limit themselves to music made by bronies, that makes no sense to me.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, it's quite the opposite with me. I don't listen to Brony music all that often because, like it has been said, most of them are either Dubstep, Techno or Electro. I swear, there's so many Dubstep songs that it just gets old. I don't have a problem with either, but i'd like to see something else for a change. mlp-dseriously.png

• Brohoof 1

Actually, it's quite the opposite with me. I don't listen to Brony music all that often because, like it has been said, most of them are either Dubstep, Techno or Electro. I swear, there's so many Dubstep songs that it just gets old. I don't have a problem with either, but i'd like to see something else for a change. mlp-dseriously.png

I don't like dubstep, techno, or electro, so I have no interest in brony music. Unless it's rock/metal, then I will listen to it, but it's mostly electronic stuff, so eh.

• Brohoof 1

The reason some people solely listen to brony music is just because beyond they have absolutely nothing going on for them in their lives beyond riding the brony fandom band-wagon.

Okay I'll put it this way. Comparing brony music to "normal" music is like comparing flat generic store brand cola to Coca-Cola. Why would I settle for a knock off when I can have the real thing?

Wow so much negativity towards our own homegrown scene. It's like saying if you like brony art you should be going to museums instead or if you like reading fanfics you should go out and buy books.  I see the fannon as extensions of our scene and to say they're bad or knock offs is both rude and I feel incorrect. People seek out the music because it reflects the show, it's made by our own, and there's some level of interaction with the people who often make it for you for free.  Fannon ADDS to enjoying the show and the community.  It's just disheartening to see so many people in this thread dissing what is thriving vital part of our community. :(

I don't like dubstep, techno, or electro, so I have no interest in brony music. Unless it's rock/metal, then I will listen to it, but it's mostly electronic stuff, so eh.

You do realize there's a TON of variety of music from the scene right? I think part of the disconnect is that people never bothered to dig any deeper after they discovered Glaze and Tombstone and forgot that there's hundreds and thousands of musicians out there and often making all KINDS of music.

Edited by Freewave

@@Freewave: Really, 's comparison could be made just as accurately using much of the music that he personally enjoys and platinum-selling professionally-produced albums that commonly play on the radio. People who deride music as not "real" fail to grasp the very basic concept of what music actually is.

Brony music is no more or less "real" than Tool, Carcass, At The Gates, or any of the other bands posted in that thread. It's no more or less real than Justin Bieber, Lil Wayne, or any other mainstream artist.

By all means, call it bad. Express your dislike for it. But the moment someone insists a piece of music isn't "real", they're admitting that they just don't understand what music is at its core.

Edited by DusK
  • Brohoof 3

Everyone has their own taste in music.

There's that type that likes mainstream, the underrated, and even only fan made music.

However, my guess is that they must be super fans, you know, the type that when they join a fandom, they go crazy and give a makeover towards anything they have and upgrade to stuff like ponies.

Overall, I don't mind, everyone has their tastes.

• Brohoof 1

• 9 years later...

I only listen to mostly Brony music now, hovewer that doesn't mean I don't like Non-Brony music, in fact, I like to listen to those as well, I just now have the preference for Brony music (and I'm literally insane and made a playlist of Brony only music that I listen to everyday).

I guess for some people, time started when becoming a Brony.

I have only listen to a few Brony songs, which were quite good. But I got tired after a while and just turned all songs off. I work better with nothing to disturb me.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel when people limit there genre to *insert music* it makes the listener limited to music. 
Yes listening to music to MLP is amazing. I happen to brony music myself as a musician who makes music in the fandom. 
But it doesn't matter what genre of theme of music you only listen to. There's a whole world of music outside of fandom music that is worth checking out. 

But one quote that 4everfreebrony once said is that "making music themed to mlp has given me something else to write about other than typical themes heard in modern music"

• 1 month later...

I haven't met anyone who only listened to brony music, or at least not that I am aware of. Anyways, I listen to brony music occasionally because it sounds good, and some brony music is amazing.

• Brohoof 1