Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do/did your parents discipline you?

Moonlight

When I was little I would get spanked with a wooden paddle. I wasn't spanked very hard though and it was more the fact that my parents were upset with me that was the worst part and was usually enough to deter me. When I became a lazy jerky teenager, my parents would (try) take away privileges and my TV and video games.

I didn't really care all that much though. My TV was too heavy for them to move (this was in the time of tube TV's) so they would just turn it around to face the wall, so when they were out I would just turn it back around.. They never did catch on. :huh: I always read a lot so I knew I was in serious trouble when they tried to take away my books. They once even took away my entire bookcase, then they said if I wanted to read it would have to be my school books and War and Peace was the only non-school related book I was permitted to read. I read them both. I would also just go to the library and read there. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

My parents don't smack me with belts...:blink:
I'm a goody two shoes, so I don't get into too much trouble. When I do, I get my electronics taken away (sometimes my ability to go outside is taken away too.) As a younger kid, I was pretty badly behaived. I would be stuck into a freezing cold shower, sent to my room for long periods of time, etc.
Not nearly as bad as some of the stuff I've seen here though. :blink:

• Brohoof 2

Let's see. My mom's favorite tool of punishment was the metal soup ladle or a wooden spoon, but she stopped using those after she broke about four of them on my body. Dad preferred a leather belt with a big metal buckle, but was also comfortable with just his fists sometimes, til I learned how to hit back. Last time I got beat was around age 15, I decked my dad so hard in the side of the head he fell backwards down the stairs. To anyone else who has to take shit like this from your parents, STAND UP FOR YOURSELF. You'd be amazed at how much you can scare your parents after such an incident. My pops still flinches from time to time when I make a sudden movement near him.

• Brohoof 1

They basically just grounded me, then used the old belt routine and it usually left red marks on me. I'm too old for it now, so they don't have to use the belt on me at all.

• Brohoof 1

Belt spankings, and a bunch of yelling. My parents marriage was crumbling when I was around 7 and my father would get drunk like there was no tomorrow. So sometimes the punishments would carry on to outright beatings.

• Brohoof 1

Very rarely did my parents employ the belt, though my aunt when she lived with us hit my bro and I with a yardstick  which is what my grandma and other aunt also use on their 4 dogs. Actually the most effective punishment was taking away TV time and the worse was being forced to kneel against the wall at night instead of sleeping. That worked quite well.

My dad went and lived in a seminary school back in his old country where it was much worse. Talk out of turn? Utter profanity? Study when you're not supposed to? Wake up late? Cut your hair too long? Short of getting kicked out of school, they almost always beat you with a bamboo stick or yard stick. If you were lucky they even let you choose how wide and long the stick was to beat you with.

Bear in mind you also had to wash your own clothes and their daily meal was usually no more than a bowl of rice and a peanut with soy sauce for each meal and MAYBE some fish and fruit if you were lucky. One of my dad's friends had the misfortune of cutting his friend's hair too short one particular instance. You see they not only required you keep your hair short, but you had to cut it yourself or ask someone else to do it. If you were lucky you asked the younger guys that were good haircutters to do it. Some reason one of the older students my dad's friends knew of personally requested that his hair be cut longer.

Well needless to say the dean of the seminary found out questioned my dad's friend and the older student and beat him senseless across the face with his own bare hand. Needless to say he left in disgust soonafter and most of my dad's friends including himself also dropped out of seminary.

It really depends. When I was little, my parents would hang me upside down until I felt sick, then there'd be a lecture afterwards. Now, they'd take all my privileges away and/or slap me 3-5 times. 

• Brohoof 1

When I was younger, my parents would spank me, threaten to hit me with a hanger, but never do it. They also forced me to go through timeouts in a really small bathroom and refuse to let me out before I realized what I did wrong. 

When I got older, my parents would give me lectures and signs of extreme disappointment to make me feel really bad about what I did/didn't do. They would also scream at me in said lectures. 

Nonetheless, both tactics worked. They helped me grow as a person. So remember parents. Spanking is good so long as you don't do it excessively. 

I'm honesty deeply disturbed by the amount of people here that have been beat on and think it's normal.

On my end, just he usual. lecturers, not getting allowance, the odd grounding if I really screwed up. My parents preferred the route of rewarding good over punishing bad. The later came on it's own because logically "if your bad, you don't get what you want". 

I didn't have all that bad of punishments I guess. I was usually pretty well behaved, better than most. I never got spanked, if I remember correctly, although I do remember my brother and sister both got spanked. I do remember the old hot sauce routine if we back talked. I think that only ever happened to me once though and I was pretty young. Getting sent to the corner, being yelled at, and having things taken away were the most common punishments I would have to say. Although I really don't remember how many times they were actually directed at me. Like I said, I was a little boy scout most of the time. 

Throughout my childhood so far, I haven't done that many bad things actually, I was a pretty good kid in my younger years, I do remember being spanked a couple of times when I was 4 or 5 though, dad had a pretty hard spank though always left a big red handprint right on the butt.

I do have one story though, whenever I don't finish my schoolwork my mom does this sort of trick where she doesn't feed me for a couple of days and she only talks to me when she wants me to do chores. I got really pissed off by it this one time and I told my dad she wasn't feeding me (he lives elsewhere) my mom is also a psychic apparently and has only checked my phone the few times I've said something bad (this is 100% true btw) and then she just cried a lot, called me a betrayer and said she didn't want anything to do with me. That was the part that really pissed me off though, so I told I didn't want to live her anymore, she basically broke down after that and cried the rest of the day until she apologized the next day, I then felt a mix of HAH UR DUMB and wow I'm a dickhead.

I take a lot more responsibility now though and I rarely ever get in trouble nowadays. This is probably because my dad is like the nicest person I've ever met and we actually talk together without it being awkward to boot. I don't really like my mom as much which is why she punishes me more I suppose.

ooo.. 

my parents still use the same punishment onto my niece as they did with my sisters and i. 

when we are all out - whether in the restaurant or in the car or in a mall.

naughtiness will be treated as such;

they will give a fair warning first, if that warning is being ignored, then they will start scolding and threaten about being sent home. 

however, when a threat is being ignored, they will take the car keys without a word, the naughty one will be sent home! :D 

at home, however, the long lectures will be heard. 

nothing physical

Lol, My parents did all kinds of things to punish me and my siblings. Belt spankings and being slapped, soap for cursing, grounded for a month, etc. My mom used to hit our hands with a paint mixer stick until they turned red.

When we outgrew the spankings, My dad would start taking our phones and electronics. If he was REALLY angry he would either break them in half, throw them at the walls until broken, or run over them with the car. Sometimes my dad would just scream at us which was enough punishment on its own. When i was younger, he got mad at us and punched a hole in our wooden dresser. Its still there. My dad is very scary when he's angry.

Once or twice my brother got his mouth and hands taped for a little while because he wouldn't stop poking and bothering me in the car, which was actually pretty hilarious. Glorious retribution.

We were terrible little monster children fought constantly, so I'd say we got what we deserved :lol:

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

Actually My parents used to lock me out of the house, or put me in this dog cage that our old dog used to use and lock it, Including the beating and occasional knife threat. Needless to say i left on my 18th birthday and how i did not become a serial killer i will never know. At least the story has a happy ending. Life is pretty cool for me now!

I'd just get yelled at. I was never a bad kid.... I just caused trouble sometimes. Nowadays, I never get punished for bad behavior, mostly because i'm a mellow dude.

I honestly don't remember getting punished a single time for anything. My brothers and sister sometimes got punishments like not being allowed to game, but nothing severe. My mother had been punished a lot as a child, and she knows it is much more effective to reward good behaviour than to punish bad behaviour.

Punishments started out with spankings.  My mom would either use a wooden spoon, a rubber spatula, or her bare hand.  Regardless of what she used it hurt --physically, not emotionally.  Over time it switched to being ground; at times I could not use any electronics, at least once I was made to stay in my bedroom.  One time my brother and I were sent to bed early.  That may not sound like much, but it did feel like a punishment.  Has any ever been punished with "boot camp?"  I am not talking about the military, I mean endless chores around the house.  We had that on multiple occasions.

My parents were tough, but they weren't unreasonable.  There had also been multiple times when my parents later came back to me and apologized for what they did.  Even if they have any regrets for what they did, they don't need to hold them.  I know what they did was right.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

The standard belt to the butt was the go to if I did something to earn it. For the more minor infringements I was just sent to my room with no electronics to keep me entertained. I had my mouth washed out with soap once. To this day I rarely swear, and when I do it's rarely in English. My sister, who was very sociable, was usually grounded, but I had no friends or social life, so my parents never bothered. As I grew older it became mostly psychological. Physical punishment was less of an option and grounding was meaningless.

I pity kids who are never really punished. A kid needs to know there are consequences, and kids who never receive more than a token punishment tend to be bratty and irritating. I am glad that I was spanked as a child, it made me a better person.

Whenever I was bad my mother would drop my pants and beat me with a two-meter long oak club with poison sumac laced barbs protruding from the top. Afterwards I was thrown outside naked to be torn apart by rabid wild animals while bucketing rain blinded me with mud and silt. I was a good kid.

Looking back it may not have been quite as bad as I remember...

If I remember correctly, almost nothing. The most was either very short grounding or time out from video games (they can potentially frustrate me greatly, to this day even) but beyond my bad stress issues which could spark anger, I was fairly good when I was younger. I was fairly quiet and calm most of the time. I just stayed out of everyone's way. I had only a couple of friends and I never really left my home. Nothing has really changed there.

Whenever I was bad my mother would drop my pants and beat me with a two-meter long oak club with poison sumac laced barbs protruding from the top. Afterwards I was thrown outside naked to be torn apart by rabid wild animals while bucketing rain blinded me with mud and silt. I was a good kid.

Looking back it may not have been quite as bad as I remember...

The Spartans were badass mofos weren't they? Had no idea you were from a spartan family though. :o I suppose you were worthy if you are alive. Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1