Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Like the Opening Sequence of the Show?

Skar

The beginning of the intro was almost too much for me, and that says a lot!

But I do like it now.

Edited by Envy

The intro song is slightly better than just ok to me, but not quite what I would consider good. I guess I would give it a 6.5. I listen to it about 70% of the time but sometimes skip it. The reason I'll skip it is just because it is always the same and I want to get on with the show. Usually when I watch episodes I'll watch about 3 in a row so I tend to want to skip it on the 3rd show.

Back before I joined the herd, and pretty much watched the first episode on a dare, I admit the impression I got from the intro was that it was another overly-girly toy advertisement, and watched the whole first episode with that mindset. Didn't help I had a friend in Steam chat calling Spike a "retarded Spyro clone".

Wasn't until I watched the episode later that week with a better mindset that I grew to appreciate the show , and eventually memorize the lyrics to the intro by heart.

I personally skip the intro each and every time.

I have, however, memorized the lyrics.

Edited by Ouker

I love the intro, always did and always will. I know the song by heart and when the show starts I sing since I know the text :)

Edited by Jokuc

I remember skipping the intro when I first started watching it. First two lines ALMOST made me close the browser, but then I decided to just skip ahead to the beginning of the episode. Glad I didn't close the browser :wacko: But now, I've grown to love the opening :)

Who said guitar and drums have to have an intended audience? I've listened to rock since the age of about 6, and so did my sister.

Thats just my opinion. I just think a show like this wouldn't have that. (Like many other TV Y shows.)

*Video*

on my mp3 :P

This is win! Edited by TwilightRubix

Haha, yeah the "My Little Pony" parts. Reminds me of the toy my younger sis had when I was a kid. It was a carousel and you press a button on it to make it spin, and it starts playing a simple version of the original MLP theme. Heard that thing I don't know how many times.

Gahhhh! I wondered why it sounded so familiar…rage!

In all seriousness I don’t mind it that much. Yeah it is a bit reminiscent of the “girliness” for say, but in reality the whole show was intended for that demographic, so if the theme’s a bit stereotypical so be it. Honestly I’m surprised that so many skip it, especially after seeing the video of the huge sing along bit at bronycon.