Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the most expensive piece of pony merchandise you have bought?

Twilie

The most expensive item I have purchased thus far is the Vinyl Scratch SDCC exclusive. Well, not really exclusive since hasbro is selling it on their online store.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Most expensive merchandise ever bought, hm? I believe that would be my $60 DJ P0n-3 hoodie. With the horn and ears. Yep. I do plan on commissioning a custom-made plushie eventually, though.

• 1 month later...

Vinyl Scratch Comic Con exclusive figure.

Screwing around on E-Bay I bumped the price up to $90 (this was before comic con ended and they ended up stupidly murdering its value by having had tons of extra's they were giving away btw)

Somehow I ended up winning the bid..

No complaints though, Love scratch enough :P

The most expensive piece that I've payed for is a 3D Print out of my OC Scratched Disk. I don't have it in my hands just yet, but the artist says it will be made by Christmas. I payed $78 for it and I'm so pumped to get it! Here's the Artist: http://clawed-nyasu.deviantart.com/

Nice stuff there!

though they should consider better paints (or an airbrush.. they look hand painted and very thick or perhaps watery... hard to tell, but it looks off) and a way to sand/file them nicer.. bit rough...

but dammit, this makes me wish I could afford a 3D printer tongue.png

(sry.. Its the modeler in me being nit picky)

Edited by GrimCW

Nice stuff there!

though they should consider thinner paints (or an airbrush.. they look hand painted and very thick) and a way to sand/file them a bit nicer.. bit rough...

but dammit, this makes me wish I could afford a 3D printer tongue.png

Indeed! I've been looking at his journal entries and they are saying that after rent, and bills, they plan to get better parts and with every pony, the quality improves. Well I'm 36 Ponies down the list, (Including the ones that have already been 3D rendered and Printed) So by then, the quality should be good enough to rival store bought toys!

Indeed! I've been looking at his journal entries and they are saying that after rent, and bills, they plan to get better parts and with every pony, the quality improves. Well I'm 36 Ponies down the list, (Including the ones that have already been 3D rendered and Printed) So by then, the quality should be good enough to rival store bought toys!

Heh, practice makes perfect, so being later on the list def helps :P especially when its a new thing!

Do show it off when you come up!

• Brohoof 1

Vinyl Scratch Comic Con exclusive figure.

Screwing around on E-Bay I bumped the price up to $90 (this was before comic con ended and they ended up stupidly murdering its value by having had tons of extra's they were giving away btw)

Somehow I ended up winning the bid..

No complaints though, Love scratch enough tongue.png

$90 huh? I was lucky to get a $30 Comic Con Derpy Hooves the day after. Still holding onto it

The only pony merch I've ever bought was one crystal pony blind bag, which costed me $5 NZD. It was Berry Dreams, and I wore it around my neck at conventions to show I'm a brony while cosplaying as other video game character.

Can't say it was worth my money though. It was really bad reskin of Pinkie Pie, and the crystal, translucent body just didn't look right.

The only pony merch I've ever bought was one crystal pony blind bag, which costed me $5 NZD. It was Berry Dreams, and I wore it around my neck at conventions to show I'm a brony while cosplaying as other video game character.

Can't say it was worth my money though. It was really bad reskin of Pinkie Pie, and the crystal, translucent body just didn't look right.

This is why I generally don't buy anything that Hasbro themselves make, or things in blind bags tongue.png

Though I am finding some fun in the dog tag ones.. I usually don't touch such things since Hasbro is known heavily for recolors of the same molds over and over (just look at the transformers. Starscream, skywarp, thundercracker, or any of the other "seekers" from G1... there was like a dozen of them all off the same mold, just different colors.) Tis why I collect along the "mains only" rule tongue.png

Edit: hey found a pic of what I mean..

newer figures, but same deal.

005-6.jpg

Soooo many recolors....

Edited by GrimCW

The most expensive thing I bought makes me sound kinda cheap. Last week I bought a Rainbow Dash Crystal key-chain from "5 Below" she cost five dollars. Here is a picture I found. They also had Pinkie Pie, but I liked Rainbow better. I heard that soon there may be a Twilight available. If so, I will snap her right up!

Rainbow_Dash_Crystal_Keychain.jpg

The most expensive pony item I have is a Fluttershy hat I had custom embroidered for $40. In truth, it didn't turn out as well as hoped, and ended up being a bit of a rip, but I still wear it.

The most expensive official merch I have is the Fluttershy vinyl collectible, which was $25.

• 1 month later...