Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the most expensive piece of pony merchandise you have bought?

Twilie

I could get you one at my local Hot Topic and mail it to you for less than 30 if your interested c:

Thanks for the offer! I might take you up on this but I need to see where I stand money wise, right now the priority is keeping my spending money for the 4de plush! Thanks again though :)

• 5 years later...

Bumping this because I’m curious what people in 2020 have to say. 

Most expensive thing I’ve bought is a $60 beanie plushie from BronyCon. Actual merch, probably $9. 

Edited by Cagey
  • Brohoof 1

My was this and it was actually my first mlp G4 toy and it was 30$ or 40$. I got this at Toys R Us many years ago and l only got it because l wanted the car. I know l don't have Twilight anymore and idk what happened to the car.

71Xyu7YyIPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I commissioned a plushie of Fleet Foot. It costed me $112. That’s not a lot but it’s the most expensive piece of MLP:FiM merchandise I have bought.

AD3BBE27-8B7B-4074-9389-00E0CBD22B84.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

I managed to get my hands on the OlyFactory alicorn oc plushie thing (Littleshy showed the same one in his room tour), for...far more than she was worth, but having my precious bootleg alicorn was all that mattered at the time haha:please:

• Brohoof 1

Well, since that $70CAD Celestial Solstice CCG set I got for free from a Cardapalooza panel four or five years ago doesn't count as merch I actually bought, I'm going to have to go with that $65 MLP-themed tarot card set I bought at the Vanhoover Pony Expo (the successor to BronyCAN that I only just heard about on Thursday and doesn't seem to have a thread here for some reason).  Anyways, I have a set of 74 tarot cards now that is four cards shy of being a full set, due to it lacking an equivalent to the lowest value face cards of each suit of the minor arcana.  But, the artwork is nice and it's pretty neat.  I tend to spend a lot on merch at cons, but more as a culmination of all the items I buy than as a result of over-spending on one item.  I just had to have that tarot card set though.  Apparently it's ok for a Christian to engage in a pagan ritual such as reading tarot cards so long as I don't believe in any of it.  

• 3 months later...

Well well well, the most expensive piece of pony merch that I own......

Actually, it would probably be a tie between my hardcover copy of Fallout: Equestria that I got at Trotcon 2019 and my Kotobukiya Twilight Sparkle figure that I got when it was released back in October of 2019. I know for my Fallout: Equestria book I paid 100$ for it, and my Twilight figure I paid right around 100$ for it as well (or pretty close to it). So I'm gonna have to declare it a tie between them both :squee: 

• Brohoof 1

Kind hard to say. 

I put a bid in at charity auction about $300 so like that I guess, but only spent that much cuz it was for charity. 

If we are talking MLP related, then I would have to say a life sized plush of Starlight Glimmer. I remember getting her at my first year of BABScon in 2017. I believe she was around $850. One of the vendor's was selling a life sized version of Midnight Lycanroc, but they forgot to bring the plush with them. They had other giant plushies and I wanted to get a plush of Starlight.

If there was MLP as a parody/crossover with a video game, then would that count? If so, then I would have to say a guitar that I won at a charity auction in Bronycon 2019. The guitar was made by the TF2 Analysis Anarchy group and it had all of their pony OC's on the guitar. I remember bidding around $1,100 for the guitar. I spent that much for charity, but I also wanted to get the guitar in hopes of learning how to play, as well.

I just commissioned a 20” tall Rainbow Dash plushie from this person!

https://www.deviantart.com/epicrainbowcrafts

And here’s a link to all the pricing info so y’all can get an idea. 

https://www.deviantart.com/epicrainbowcrafts/journal/FAQ-and-Price-info-426673889

I’m having her come with a removable Wonderbolts and Shadowbolts flight suit as well!

I’m so so excited for it!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Megas said:

I got 3 of the Kotobukiya MLP figures(RD, AJ, and Sunset). 100 bones each

Lucky you. I was unfortunate enough to miss the boat on several of them, and had to pay aftermarket prices... I learned the hard way that I needed to pre-order Celestia and Luna before I missed out.

I somehow even missed Rarity. Don't ask how I managed to do that.  :mlp_confused:

Probably my 4DE Plushies. I got the mane 6 between 2018-2019 for about $30 each.

I guess my most valuable MLP thing that I have now though is my Rarity one!:wau:

This is what they're selling for now on eBay:

raritycost.thumb.png.2944711347579d1110a3251fd00307e4.png

post-24370-0-84611700-1403505357_thumb.png

• Shocked 1

• 10 months later...

The merch I paid the most was either a kotobukiya Dashie, or a Hikari vinyl of Dashie which were produced only 400 of them. I paid a fraction of that for another version of 600 of them :unsure:. Anyway, those were after market prices. Market prices was, at the time of this writing: Kotobukiya Celestia, of just under 150$ (last Black Friday was on sale at about 100$, and bought another one :oh_golly:)

• 10 months later...

These are definitely the most expensive pony merch I’ve have purchased :unsure:

https://mlpforums.com/topic/122507-what-made-you-happy-today/?do=findComment&comment=6184895

and you know what? I’ve ordered something else in the same order, but they were out of stock, and they’ll arrive post Christmas. That cost an extra 30 bucks due to the enamel. But for the time being, these ladies are the single most expensive merch each (same price each), period

• 1 month later...