Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Trotting Dead RP

NocturnalRainbow

(edited)

Any additional people who wish to join do so on our sign-up thread!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/68007-the-trotting-dead-sign-up/#entry1689359

It was late evening, around 8:30, the group of 10 survivors were sitting around a fire just milling around. It had been a tough day and I'm pretty sure everyone had almost died at least a few times. This was the time of evening for some relaxing conversation.

(Use this time to get to know the other people)

Edited by NocturnalRainbow

(edited)

Hyperion Zeta, or Zeta as everyone knew him was sitting away from everyone at the campfire. His only intention was listening for any of those 'trotters' come up on them so they would be ready. In the course of his time with the other survivors, Zeta had only made eye contact once and that was with the head of them. So trying to get some interaction from him would be a very hard thing to do.

But even being slightly separated from the rest of the group, he openly listened to everypony's stories while staring into the fire.

Edited by Funny Snout

Josh sat furthest away from the fire idly staring into the flames and thinking of the old days before the zombies no different really except now josh had friends who helped him survive everyday and he couldn't think of any one of them that he wouldn't do anything to help with he smiled widely as he thought this and continued to quietly stare into the fire

(edited)

In a small shack in the middle of a once great city lived Stephan, a survivor who lost everything he loved to the outbreak. Ever since, he lives out days in shame, living with the thought of his friends dying in front of him. He vowed to come to the aid of any survivor he came across, because he doesn't wish to see them suffer the way he did. To do this, Stephan sowed himself a costume and goes out into the ruined city as a masked vigilante named "The Ghost." Stephan exited the shack and began running up the closest building. Once got he up, he kept a watchful eye for trotters and survivors in need.

Edited by Stevenearthpony

(edited)

Thunder Roller sat close to the flames basically just chilling. She took this time to stare into the sky and think about life. Life before the zombies. About her family. Too bad they had probably died but she had a new family now and was glad for it. She smiled as she stared into the starry night sky.

Edited by Super Derpy

Nocturne grabbed a few twigs and tossed them into the fire which was crackling and giving off a nice warmth. He put his hooves up to the fire to warm them.

"Hey Zeta! Why are you so quiet today? Oh who am I kidding your always quiet. People sure are quiet today... I thought that surviving that zombie attack earlier today would put you guys in a good mood. But I guess almost dying isn't that god of an anti-depressant."

Racer stood by the fire, to worried to sit down or fall asleep, like the other ponies had. He reached into a small bag that only held a few things: a broken watch, a note from his wife, dried pecans (he hated those) and an arrow, just one. 

He looked into the sky, still showing a few stars as the sun began to rise. He traced his way back home, as it was this day last year that he was forced to leave his home, mindlessly abandoning his little colt and wife. He had been in a cart, driving home when he started to notice them.

Perhaps one day he would return, perhaps they were still alive. For now, he would wait for the day when it would all be normal again.

Nocturne grabbed a few twigs and tossed them into the fire which was crackling and giving off a nice warmth. He put his hooves up to the fire to warm them.

"Hey Zeta! Why are you so quiet today? Oh who am I kidding your always quiet. People sure are quiet today... I thought that surviving that zombie attack earlier today would put you guys in a good mood. But I guess almost dying isn't that god of an anti-depressant."

"Many things in my life has brought me to become quiet." Zeta hesitantly replied. "This outbreak hasn't changed my mood or behavior ever since it started, considering if my life is taken, what is there left for me to lose?"

He was right though. Before any of this started, his life was a miserable mess of losses and depression. Though even he had nothing, there was one thing he never had the courage to do, or else Zeta wouldn't be sitting here today.

There was another slight pause before he decided to speak to everypony.

"If any of you are scared, let me protect you now. This is the only thing I can offer to you, so accept it with a heart if you want."

(edited)

"anyway we can change that mood Zeta? surely you could try to be happy and chatty what is there in this life bar a zombie outbreak the world going to hell and everyone around us all dying to be sad about?" Josh smiled at his joke although it probably wasn't all that funny

Edited by Guest

Not funny at all thought Nocturne in response to Josh's lackluster joke. He was sitting next to fire with Thunder Roller so he decided to strike up a conversation with her.

"How you doing today Thunder? Did you enjoy almost dying three times today?"  asked Nocturne with a smile

As Stephan is searching with his eyes while running across the rooftops in his suit, he sees a small glow in the forest area. "A glow... could it be a fire?" Stephan thought. "Or maybe a group of survivors? I better go and see." Stephan then leaps off of the building and lands unharmed. He then runs into the forest in a red and black blur. After running through the forest for awhile, he sees the group of survivors sitting by the fire. "I was right. There are survivors in the area" Stephan then appears from a red and black dust could before the group.

"How you doing today Thunder? Did you enjoy almost dying three times today?"  asked Nocturne with a smile

"Not really. I don't bucking understand why we are living in Manehattan which is pretty much the zombie capitol of the world instead of out in the country. We nearly get killed on a daily basis here."

That had been nagging Thunder Roller for a long time. She was glad she got that remark off her chest.

Over looking the camp site on a near by hill, stood a pony with a bow and sword. He was simply watching the other ponies around the fire, observing them and there environment carefully as if he was simply learning all he could about the other ponies from the distance he was at. Seemingly motionless  he watch them carefully taking in every de tale he could, and all of a sudden before he was spotted, he vanished. But causing a bit of noise as he walked away startling the the ponies around the fire.

Josh hearing the noise went to investigate maybe something had gotten caught on a snare? Preferably a trotter then he could take it out "one less in the world he thought" but upon getting to his only snare there was nothing there "strange maybe a wild animal" he thought

(edited)

Noticing that he had got the attention of One of his targets, Zycrin thought about killing him there and then, but just decided to have some fun. Sticking to the shadows, he created more noises, snapping twigs, creaking branches and rustling leaves to make Josh feel like there was something there and it was after him, and the thought of his target being scared all night, will prevent him from sleeping which would slow the group down and make them easier to follow . Once Josh looked scared enough, the noises stopped and gave Josh a little glimpse of him as he vanished into the forest.

Edited by The Shadow Alicorn

As Stephan is searching with his eyes while running across the rooftops in his suit, he sees a small glow in the forest area. "A glow... could it be a fire?" Stephan thought. "Or maybe a group of survivors? I better go and see." Stephan then leaps off of the building and lands unharmed. He then runs into the forest in a red and black blur. After running through the forest for awhile, he sits behind a bush sees the group of survivors sitting by the fire. "I was right. There are survivors in the area"

"interesting" josh thought and smiled "if i hadn't spent years in the wilderness before the outbreak i would be scared" Josh muttered at whatever was in the darkness the slowly started backing away from the area where the noises were without letting his attention move from it until he thought it was quiet enough to be safe

(edited)

Lady slipped through the trees at a rather slow pace as she attempted to make no sound. She didn't want to be heard by any nearby dead, she knew the conciquences would be fatal. After what felt like hours had passed she came to an abrupt stop. /Light...?/ She thought to herself disbelievingly.

Lady slowly made her way to the edge of the clearing and she peered around a tree. Suddenly her heart skipped a beat as she realized her pitiful mistake...She had tripped over a rock making loud crunching noises as she hit the ground painfully and went rolling into the camp. "Oof!"

Edited by Dark_Princess_Luna

(edited)

Stephan noticed Lady stumbling into the camp. He appeared in a big red and black dust cloud and helped her up. He noticed the survivors. "Don't be alarmed. I mean no harm. I go by the name "The Ghost." I am a masked vigilante with extraordinary abilities. Mind if I ask who all of you are?"

Edited by Stevenearthpony

Zycrin rushed towards the sudden noise with his sword draw, thinking it could be a trotter, when we arrived he saw that the noise had been made by a pony falling over and rolled in to a camp were all of his targets were, slowly he backed away, trying not to make a single sound out of fear of being spotted. He vanished into the forest/

(edited)

Grand had tuned out the conversation, but decided to finally suggest something she had been thinking about for awhile now. " I dont mean to be selfish, but since we are on the topic of loaction, perhaps ponyville may be a good choice? its rather small, but large enough to support us. plus, I grew up there, and my family may still be there. she said, trailing off to herself. she didnt want be the downer of the group, but she wouldnt be satisfied until she confirmed the fate of her family. She was so tuned out she barely noticed the new arrival. " oh my, another survivor? well I am Grand Finale, and welcome"

Edited by Grand_Finale

(edited)

A noise from in front of Zeta caught his attention seeing that a pony spying on them had fallen down into the camp. He immediately sprang up and rushed to her, but saw that a new pony had arrived on the spot. He seemed to be helping her back up which gave a guess that they were together.

"You guys, who are you?"

Edited by Funny Snout

A noise from in front of Zeta caught his attention seeing that a pony spying on them had fallen down into the camp. He immediately sprang up and rushed to her, but saw that a new pony had arrived on the spot. He seemed to be helping her back up which gave a guess that they were together.

"You guys, who are you?"

"As I said, I am The Ghost, a masked vigilante with extraordinary abilities and a rough past. I spend my days helping what little survivors there are left, because I don't wish to see them suffer like I did. Since I've stumbled along here too, I might as well ask who you are."

(edited)

Josh made it back to the camp and saw the commotion around the camp fire. He walked over to lady and ghost "hello and who would you guys be" he said smiling widely. He sat on the ground by the two ponies as he waited for an answer and continued to smile widely

Edited by Guest

Zycrin gave no response, he just gazed at the pony who was staring at him, and in one swift move he dashed of into the forest. His targets knew about him now, so stalking his targets and killing them will be very hard now. He had to re-plan  everything and try new methods of hunting.