Status Updates  

132 users have voted

1. 1. Do you use them?

• All the time
    • A good bit
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely
    • Never

I vote for "a good bit", I try making fewer but better updates. Instead of just constantly posting links or pictures, they are fun but it gets annoying especially when you want to still have the notifications on to know what your friends are up to. Usually when I see that the same person has posted a lot I just skip them. When creating a status update it's more fun for others that you post something that's on your mind not just random stuff. I still like random as long as they are fun, but still it's better to not make too many status updates. So I post one each day, often nothing too important. It's still very fun and commenting on a status is a great way to meet new friends. So yeah, I use status updates a good bit and I like them.

On a rare occasion, but usually I feel like by updating my status I'm, I don't know... Making myself out to be so much more important than I feel I am? As I may have said before, I feel like a 'background' member. I will post in topics on occasion, but that's because I don't feel like that's bringing too much attention to myself... I'm just responding like everybody else. Status updates feel entirely different. Either way, sometimes I get overwhelmed by emotions enough to forget all of that and post one anyway. xD

I use them a bit, not too much, but when I want to say something, I normally go there.

That or bug people by commenting on their status a million times.

(edited)

Yes I do. Quite often too.

I don't make status updates myself all the time but I read other peoples' updates very often. I like status updates, I often use them to contact people if I want to say something short that can be answered quite quickly, and I use messages if I want to send something private or something more important, maybe a message that is a little bit longer.

It's fun to have spam convos in status updates until they get locked :D :D :D

Edited by Jokuc

I'm not as here as much as I used to be, so my status usage has dropped. A lot.

But, I'm not used to using status thingies seriously, so...*Shrugs*

Yes, very often as some of you may know

It's like dumping all your random thoughts in a small mini-thread. It's a nice way to have some fun and to have random conversations

I use it most of the times.

However, there are times when in statuses, there's an argument or a long pointless chatter going on where it overfills my inbox.

I participate when necessary, and most of the times, I find it ok.

I probably post more status updates than i do actual posts these days, i don't post loads but i do post a fair amount of status updates.

I use them a good bit. I usually post links to songs I like a lot hoping that other people will like them too. I don't really think anyone ever checks them out, though. mlp-phuh.png

I use them "often". Usually it's just to state a slight mood, while other times it's to show off a new graphic that I've made but didn't want to make a thread about.

Considering I have tons of people added(Some who aren't onlnie hardly anymore) and I sometimes just feel like typing my mind even if nobody hears it, yes I use it quite a bit.

Heck even on days I don't say much I still say goodnight normally.

So yeah, i use them alot, and I read others as much as I can to, it makes me feel better acquainted with people here on the forums. I use to not use them, but after I did I just felt as I was more connected to people on the forums.

I'd say it's only about 20% of my useage here, if that; it may even be as low as 15%. I only make new statuses myself every couple days on average, and while my job description more or less requires me to scan them consistently as they happen, my actual interaction with them as a member is low. I throw in responses on a whim to some of them if I have a witty response or have a relevant connection to what they're talking about, but again, that's about it.

Sometimes. A lot of the time I just don't really have anything to say. It does get annoying when I wake up after a good night's sleep and see that I have 96 notifications all for status updates (True story). I don't get how people can update their status so much.

Oh yes, I use status updates quite a bit.  They're a nice way to just update folks on what's going on in your life without going into too much detail, plus they're a very convenient way to chat with other users.  Also it's always fun just messing around in a silly, nonsensical update with other members, and I honestly have some of my best times on the forums just goofing around with other users in status updates!  :muffins:

So yeah, status updates, they're awesome, at least in this Derp Knight's opinion they are.  :D

I guess I use them pretty often. I probably post one or two a day on average, and I'll occasionaly comment on a few.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes. I only make a status update once every few days, and most of the time I don't have anything good to say. Pretty much all of my status updates are meaningless ramblings or whether I got hungry or not. I like reading others' status updates, thought. People here are a crazy lot.

For the time being at least, my answer is sometimes.  I don't usually feel like I have something worth saying, though that might be more from my own timidness.  At least I feel I can say more here on mlpforums than I even could on Facebook.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...