Status Updates  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use them?

• All the time
    • A good bit
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely
    • Never

I use them all the time when I have something to say that's not enough to write a whole blog about.

i use the status bar all the time

but im trying not to use it as much as i know how annoying loads of notifications are 

Not a issue, you can turn of status notifications(which I did, because it got annoying having a constant steam of notifications every-time someone posted a status)

I use them all the time when I have something to say that's not enough to write a whole blog about.

Not a issue, you can turn of status notifications(which I did, because it got annoying having a constant steam of notifications every-time someone posted a status)

naaa they dont annoy me i was saying i know they annoy other people x3

I really do like the status update feature... It's kind of a nice little place to post stuff that isn't long enough to be either a blog or regular post. All in all it's a nice little feature.

im trying not to use them but now im going to post a status everytime an amazing idea comes into my head

The one thing I dislike about them is they show up as a notification, making me think I have responses to my topics. I'm fine with people using them, but I don't really have anything to say personally to people I don't even know.  I was never one for chat rooms, so I don't care for statuses or visiting others.

I do occasionally, but not every 5 minutes. This one guy once friended me randomly, then started changing his status every 3 seconds.

But thats what the ignore list is for.

I don't update it all that much, maybe once or twice per week. 

I don't really reply to all that many statuses either, and I've got the status notifications turned off. 

I would use it more often but since I'm usually on my iPod when on this forum it's a huge hassle to go on to the full version and then post my status.

They're a good way for expressing random thoughts or ideas that wouldn't justify a forum topic.  They're also handy for letting fellow members know you'll be offline for awhile and stuff like that.  Finally, I enjoy using them to extend birthday greetings to my friends.  :D

Badges

I don't use status updates all that much compared to some members, but it is a very handy feature to have if you need to let your friends know you won't be around, or if you just feel like expressing a random thought. It's a great tool for both info and entertainment, and it's a lot handier than writing out private messages. I like to see what my friends are up to whether I reply to their updates or not. :)

Edited by Sugar Cube

Maybe like once or twice a month.

See, I don't even have a Facebook, so...

Badges

It is the Twitter of the MLPForums, so yea, can't live without it!

I only use it to explain a long absence or if I have something I wanna share that I can’t share in a thread

I like using statuses as ways to communicate to ppl

I have only just started using them! :BrightMacContent:

Only when I have something to tell, I'm not that kind of users who posts goodnights/mornings

ive started using them more often! although, not too much!
i like to engage with people! :yay: