Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc The Conversion Bureau: Revelations

Steel Accord

RP Thread

_____

I've read Blaze's original TCB, I must say the amount misanthropy the story presents is a bit disturbing coming from a Brony. That said, I can't deny that the premise is inspired! Easily translatable into almost any kind of story; Spy Fiction, Heroic Fantasy, Romance, Comedy, Character Drama, Science Fiction, it's all there. I have an idea for a fan-fiction set in it's universe with the same working title as this thread. (It's a Biblical reference, those who know me might catch what I'm getting at.) So, for the dual purpose of inspiration and because I thought it might be fun to try this as my first internet roleplay; why not make a Conversion Bureau thread?

Rules:

Not a lot, just to keep things consistent with everyone's OCs and the setting.

-You can start and even stay as a human, or always have been a pony.

-(Slight variation) The ponification might result in a different creature on rare occasions. Thus leaving room for griffons, dragons, diamond dogs, zebras, etc. These should be treated as uncommon but not unheard of, so the character does still have support and a rehabilitation service to fall back on. It'll just be a lot smaller.

-No ponified alicorns. If, and that's a big "if", their are alicorn characters, they are naturally born that way.

-Canon characters are fine just as long as there's only one pony playing that character at a time.

Setting:

-The future is a little more advanced than right now, but nothing outrageous like flying cars or small arm lasers. (Think INCEPTION)

-The world was decidedly NOT a hellhole in recent years. Economies were recovering, new medicines were being developed, and education was spreading. That's when the plague started and the bureaus were invented. The world is experiencing unusual upheaval from the double threat of the plague and the various terrorist cells now or still active. (This is, admittedly, MY personal spin.)

-The Human Liberation Front, Ponification for the Earth's Rebirth, Mafia, Yakuza, Al-Qaeda = Bad guys.

-The International Human Survival Alliance, V.A.N.G.A.R.D., legitimate police and military = Good guys.

-The canon events of the show DID happen, including Nightmare Moon's return and short lived eternal night. Princess Celestia chose to reveal the truth to a few select world leaders and let them decide whether or not to share it to their people themselves.

Just a bit of advice. I personally see the events of the story as a geopolitical metaphor for the brony movement itself. You could use your own experience of the fandom for inspiration here! That's just a suggestion though, like I said before, this is my first time RPing and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing!

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
Incorrect prefix.

This thread seems to be an OOC thread, not a Searching thread. Your concept is fleshed out and you have a list of rules. A Searching prefix is to be used only if you have a very vague idea and you want to plan out a more complex idea with other roleplayers. I have changed it accordingly. Please carry on.

This thread seems to be an OOC thread, not a Searching thread. Your concept is fleshed out and you have a list of rules. A Searching prefix is to be used only if you have a very vague idea and you want to plan out a more complex idea with other roleplayers. I have changed it accordingly. Please carry on.

Sorry. Thank you. Edited by Steelquill

• 3 weeks later...

It is an interesting concept, although I am unsure how the RP would work.

It is an interesting concept, although I am unsure how the RP would work.

Maybe all the players meet at one of the Bureaus, relay their stories and stances, get ponified, adventure begins!

• 1 month later...

So, it is okay, if I am already a pony and instead meet you afterwards? Or if it'll make things easier for you, I can make a quick introduction as a human and then get ponified as well?

Totally! You could either meet the players at the Conversion Bureau or when they arrive in Equestria. If the former, you could just be there for a tour, or you volunteered there, or you're actually responsible for getting the newfouls to Equestria. If the latter, I suppose I could just have you go first, though that's a bit of meta info. I would like to keep everypony in the dark as far as the plot goes.
  • Brohoof 1

I'll just do the latter then :)

Thank you! :D

Just for a

Totally! You could either meet the players at the Conversion Bureau or when they arrive in Equestria. If the former, you could just be there for a tour, or you volunteered there, or you're actually responsible for getting the newfouls to Equestria. If the latter, I suppose I could just have you go first, though that's a bit of meta info. I would like to keep everypony in the dark as far as the plot goes.

Just for an FYI, I know Miss is a ditz and everything, but I have an area she's heading too. If it was okay with you, she was going to go in first, still ditzy, and when she was changed into her ponified state, she freaks out. So, I know it seems stupid, but give me a couple posts, please and thank you.

I'll just do the latter then :)

Thank you! :D

Just for a

Just for an FYI, I know Miss is a ditz and everything, but I have an area she's heading too. If it was okay with you, she was going to go in first, still ditzy, and when she was changed into her ponified state, she freaks out. So, I know it seems stupid, but give me a couple posts, please and thank you.

Certainly! That's just how I would react if I saw someone there. If you know anypony who would be interested in joining us, feel free to ask them.