Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sexuality of the Mane 6?

CT-1138

How can we know, we don't have any medical records. Sexuality is genetic and I personally find the idea of the Mane 6 being simultaneously gay, which all fanfics seem to suggest, laughable. But still;

Twilight: Straight based on the fact she had a small crush on Flash Sentry. Even if EG is non canon, the writers have spoken.

Pinkie Pie: pan sexual since she could end up in bed with anything and not care.

Rainbow Dash: Probably bi if she really kissed Applejack in the Mare Do Well episode. She also displays a crush on Soarin in the the of A Canterlot Wedding.

Applejack.: Straight considering she seems to have been disgusted after Rainbow supposedly kissed her. She seems to have been flattered when Soarin was lightly flirting with her over pie.

Rarity: STRAIGHT. No offense to RariJack or RariTwi lovers, but your ship is invalid. Rarity constantly mentions that she wants a prince, not a princess. The bi guy at my school would always refer to males and females when talking about love.

Fluttershy: I think she wouldn't pursue a relationship because she's too timid for that.

BTW, this might interest you all. My Fimfiction name is Terran117.

http://www.fimfiction.net/group/198328/straight-shipping/thread/32616/well-this-happened

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Twilight: Straight (Maybe a bit bicurious?)
Rainbow Dash: Bisexual (Anyone who says she is lesbian will feel my wrath!!!)
Applejack: Straight
Rarity: Straight
Pinkie Pie: Straight or Bi
Fluttershy: Straight

Seriously, anyone who says RD is homosexual is completely wrong. It's been hinted that she likes Soarin, she obviously likes stallions. I definitely see her as bisexual though. I think she might have a bit of a crush on Spitfire too hehe

Edited by Champion RD92
  • Brohoof 4

Twilight: Straight

lesbian

Twilight: Straight

Rainbow Dash: Straight

Rarity: Bi

Pinkie Pie: Straight

My thoughts have been that they are all bi.  I just think it's easier to just say that instead of going into detail, but that's just me.  

• Brohoof 3

There's honestly little to no detectable sexuality in any of them.

The show hasn't really gone into the subject of relationships and what not. There are a few exceptions, of course, (Rarity crushing on Prince Blueblood, Twilight crushing on Flash Sentry) but I don't think you can just tell what sex the ponies prefer with what we have now.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash: Bisexual

Twilight Sparkle: Straight/Heterosexual

Applejack: Straight/Heterosexual

Rarity: Straight/Heterosexual

Fluttershy: N/A

Pinkie Pie: Pansexual/Heterosexual/Straight

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I love it when people say 'There is no evidence of their sexuality in the show.' Um, duh.

Twilight: Asexual or maybe heterosexual

Rainbow Dash: Bi or hetero

Fluttershy: Hmm....Either AS or Bi

Pinkie Pie: Either AS or autosexual thanks to her many clones in TMPP

Applejack: Hetero or closeted homosexual (She does come from a southern family after all, who knows)

Rarity: Most likely hetero

@Red Lotus, it is all in fun. Besides, R34 exists whether little girls watch the show or not so.....

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 4

Twilight: Straight (Maybe a bit bicurious?)

Seriously, anyone who says RD is homosexual is completely wrong. It's been hinted that she likes Soarin, she obviously likes stallions. I definitely see her as bisexual though. I think she might have a bit of a crush on Spitfire too hehe

Well I would say the same as RD92 here. Though I don't think we will ever get to know the sexuality of the ponies, so it's hard to say :P

This is my headcanon for the sexuality of the Mane 6, so it's not official or anything.

Twilight - Bisexual, cause I think it kind of fits her personality. She seems like one to experiment ;) We know she likes guys for sure now (Equestria Girls), but maybe girls too? Also, she has the colors of the bisexual flag (but if you go by that, that means Rainbow Dash is gay)

Rainbow Dash - Rainbow Dash is such a versatile pony when it comes to sexuality, so I don't know if I can give her a sexuality. I can see her as gay, bi, or straight. She looks cute with a stallion like Soarin', but at the same time she looks really cute in a lesbian relationship like with Fluttershy

Fluttershy - Homosexual, just cause I think Flutterdash is a cute shipping haha

Applejack - Straight, cause I dunno. Just seems that way to me

Pinkie Pie - Asexual, since she doesn't seem interested in that kind of thing at all  :catface:

Rarity - Heterosexual, cause we've seen her display attraction toward the opposite sex. She could be bisexual though, since we don't know for sure if she's attracted to girls too, but then again you could say that about anypony unless the pony is like "I'm not into that"

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

My personal opinions:

Twilight Sparkle: Heterosexual (Flash Sentry)

Applejack: Demisexual (not an official sexual orientation but the most I can think of)

Rainbow Dash: Bisexual

Rarity: Heterosexual (Prince Blueblood)

Fluttershy: Likely aromantic, but I could truthfully see her having some interest in mares :unsure:

Pinkie Pie: Pansexual

Edited by Dismajo
  • Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash: Have to agree that she isn't lesbian and is probably bi or bi-curious. 

Fluttershy: Straight but too afraid for commitments/relationships and prefers to "stay friends" and such.

Pinkie Pie: I don't know and don't want to know.

Rarity: Bi-Curious as she's a lady and doesn't want to "limit" her option when it comes to love.  Want to see her hook up with Spike, but that's been downplayed.  Guess it will never happen.

Twilight: Straight because she's by the rules and now a princess who needs her "Prince Charming."

Applejack: Relationships would get in the way of her workload.  Probably straight because she would want to settle down with a family. 

(edited)

I have a friend who is convinced Rainbow Dash is a lesbian. Not because she's a tomboy, but because of the small things she does. Anyways, moving onto my opinions. 

I think Twilight is Straight, because she *shudders* liked that Flash Sentry fellow. 

Applejack I can honestly see going either way. She probably leans more towards stallions though.

I can't see Pinkie Pie really being in a relationship. 

I've seen people argue about Rarity. Some think she's lesbian, some think she's straight. I personally don't know or care, I'll just say she's bi. 

I can see Fluttershy being lesbian. She's just too small and cute to be with a Stallion. I don't know, I think it'd feel weird. Maybe It's just that I'm very fond of the DashieXFluttershy shipping. 

Edited by ReverseFaller

I really don't care much about this, but I need to say Twilight is straight. I know a few people said "she likes to experiment," but still no. She likes to get facts, and learn. She performs experiments because that is a way to get data. She would already know, btw, what gays and lesbians are, so no need to perform experiments. She also, based on EG, had a crush on Flash Century. Now I know that the writers said that the movie had nothing to do with the show, but the writers already tell us that she is straight. Please don't argue with me, just accept that she's straight. Thanks in advance. :o

• Brohoof 1

I have a friend who is convinced Rainbow Dash is a lesbian. Not because she's a tomboy, but because of the small things she does. 

This is interesting. Did your friend say what kind of little things that Rainbow Dash does? You have seriously piqued my curiosity now. 

Twilight: Mostly straight, except for her obsession with Celestia, which, IMO, also includes infatuation. Or does she not realize how romantic her gala vision was?

post-9686-0-41944500-1375151279_thumb.jpg

Rainbow: Bi

Pinkie: Bi, and probably open to polygamy

Fluttershy: Mostly gay, but a bit pansexual (could go with Big Mac, Discord or Gilda, and may have some secret animal fantasies that she may or may not have accidentally had the opportunity to fulfill)

Rarity: Mostly straight, but may also have a crush on Fluttershy and/or Twilight, especially now that Twilight is a princess, although Spike's crush on her significantly complicates any possible relationship there. She was also rather enthusiastic about Celestia's feet at the start of Sweet & Elite...

• Brohoof 2

To be honest, I just see them all as straight hahaha. Not particularly interesting or anything but yeah. :P And despite the popular opinion, I've just always seen Rainbow Dash as straight. I think that just because you're a tomboy, it doesn't necessarily mean that you're a lesbian or bisexual.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle: Straight
Applejack: Bisexual... she would be the butch in a Same sex relationship.
Rarity: Bisexual ....a no-brainer, she's fabulous darling! but also had a thing for Blueblood.
Rainbow Dash: Asexual... I mean think about it she's so absorbed with becoming a Wonderbolt she probably thinks relationships are overated.
Pinkie Pie: Pansexual... she's so random what makes you even think that gender would be an issue for her?

To be honest, I just see them all as straight hahaha. Not particularly interesting or anything but yeah. :P And despite the popular opinion, I've just always seen Rainbow Dash as straight. I think that just because you're a tomboy, it doesn't necessarily mean that you're a lesbian or bisexual.

This. From my own experience... back when I was a kid, I was a total tomboy who liked wearing rainbows on my clothes, playing football and hating on pink and girly stuff.

Now... nope, not a lesbian. XD

• Brohoof 1

I would say that their sexuality's are :

Twilight:Straight

Fluttershy: Lesbian or Bisexual, maybe asexual

Pinkie Pie: Bisexual

Rainbow Dash: Lesbian Or bisexual

AppleJack: Straight

Rarity:Straight

Really only Twilight and Rarity's sexuality Can be guessed, the others are just my opnion  B)

Twilight Sparkle: Heterosexual

Rainbow Dash: Heterosexual

Fluttershy: Asexual

Pinkie Pie: Bisexual

Rarity: Heterosexual

Applejack: Homosexual

This is what i think, if you have any other opinion, it's your problem.

(edited)

Well, according to the statistics, the majority of the bronies are tend to think about the mane6 as lesbians. The amount of fics and arts about them being lesbians are higher than the amount of the fics and arts, where they are portrayed as straight. 

So, fanon has spoken. But what about an actual show? I have my guesses.

Twilight - probably bi. Because: 1) Flash Centry, 2)Her awe and admiration with Celestia. It easily could develop into something more.

RD - lesbian. Simple as that. Not because she's a tomboy or wearing rainbow colors. Because there were many little things about it. Hints, if you'd like. Also - I remember, that there was one question to the authors about her sexuality. It's been neither denied, nor confirmed that she's gay. (Well, duh.)

Rarity - straight as an arrow. Blueblood and Spike. Plus: a lady cannot be a lesbian.

Pinkie Pie - asexual. She has no time for that stuff, 'cause she's way too busy with the parties.

Applejack - bi. Just because I like AppleDash ship. 

Fluttershy - more likely straight, but also could be a lesbian. You know - because of that FlutterDash thing. She just could feel herself protected and calm the most, if she'll be with RD. 

Well, it's mine and only mine opinion, of course.

P.S. You know what? They're all bisexual. There. The problem solved.

Edited by Sam Polson
  • Brohoof 3