Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sexuality of the Mane 6?

CT-1138

I wouldn't say Rainbow Dash is bi because she's tomboy/masculine or whatever (she's not terribly tomboyish most of the time anyway), but simply, like a few others have said, because she is too awesome to stick to one gender.

The rest I would say are straight. Pinkie Pie, yeah, let's go with what everyone else says: she's crazy, so it doesn't matter to her. Applejack... I'm gonna stick with straight. I may change my mind later, since I quite like AppleDash, but in my mind it'd be more Dashie the seductive one of the two, and AJ like "WTF is this mare doing?"

Well it really depends on your own headcanon. Yours will probally be different than someone elses. It's really just a matter of opinion. To me they're all bi I just like mare/mare shippings a lot more then mare/colt. That and Twidash is OTP.

• Brohoof 1

This is interesting. Did your friend say what kind of little things that Rainbow Dash does? You have seriously piqued my curiosity now. 

I texted him about it, and he seems to have had a change of heart. He'd rather have Rainbow Dash be with Soarin' instead of her being gay now. 

I can remember back when, when he was trying to convince me she was gay. I can't remember all of his arguments, but I can remember some. One of his reasons was the way she interacted with Fluttershy. Another one was that he just couldn't see her with a stallion (until he changed his mind to want her to be with Soarin). 

(edited)

Twilight: Asexual. Not in the sense that she's never been attracted to anyone, but in the sense that she just doesn't think about her sexuality. Pretty sure she's been single and focused on magic, science and reading her whole life. I don't know why everyone's in a rush to pair her up TBH, she seems quite satisfied with where she is.

Applejack: Straight. She's just not very romantic. She's too busy working and saving the world to have a "coltfriend."

Rarity: Straight. I can see her having previous relationships, but if so she doesn't talk about them. I find Rarijack an adorable pairing but there you go, I think both she and AJ are into stallions.

Fluttershy: Who knows? She seems very shy, almost childlike, and is the least likely of the Mane 6 to have anything going on. Even if she has a distinct sexuality, she's definitely celibate.

Pinkie Pie: Pansexual. Like everyone says, she's open to anything and is the most likely to have a sexual history. She just has that kind of personality.

Rainbow Dash: Bisexual. Gonna have to go with the crowd on this one too. She's too awesome and adventurous to stick to one gender. Similar to Pinkie Pie, which is why they're so easy to pair up--plus they get along so well in canon. ^^

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 2

I'm completely against the idea that it matters, but:

Rainbow Dash: Straight/Bi/Gay

Twilight Sparkle: Straight

Rarity: Straight

Fluttershy: Straight

Pinkie Pie: Straight/Bi/Gay

AppleJack: Straight/Gay

Spike: Straight

• 7 months later...

If there colors were to represent them, then I say PinkiePie would be Pansexual, RainbowDash is Lgbtq, Twilight is Bisexual. But for the rest of them... im not really sure

I don't even want to think about any of them dating. Is there any known phobia of relationships? if anyone knows the name (if it exists) please tell me :P.

Erotophobia? The fear of sexual love?

Or philophobia, the fear of falling in love.

The only pony that I have some idea on sexuality is Rainbow Dash. I believe she could be lesbian. Mostly because of the excessiveness of her fangirling towards Daring Do in "Daring Don't."

Why do people scrutinize these things so much? It's a show about magical colored ponies, just enjoy it for what it is.

Even if the characters did have different preferences, they would never talk about it on the show.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity is obviously straight (alas for everyone who wants to ship her with any of the other mane 6, or any other mare), she's shown not the slightest hint of attraction to females while having crushes on several males.

Statistically, and taking the somewhat dangerous step of assuming pony sexuality is similar to human (well, maybe not all that dangerous), the rest of the mane 6 are also most likely mostly straight, although you can't really predict individual behavior from statistics...but most likely they're straight.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This thread is here because people like speculating. Kids show or not, which I'm not doubting it is.

I think all of them fall in the mostly straight spectrum with the exception of Pinkie Pie, who is truly bi. They'd all entertain the thought of and be curious about same-sex stuff, but predominantly they'll go for stallions if given the chance. Another point, personality doesn't preclude interest in a relationship. You can be consumed by shyness or interest in learning etc and still be perfectly capable of entertaining thoughts of romances.

Edited by deuxshy

(edited)

Ok, so, not suggesting that this is some kind of conspiracy - just trying to keep an open mind on the subject.

There's a pretty big 'Cant deal with homosexuality in a kids show' thing going on here, I'd just like to point out this video, some of you will doubtlessly have seen it before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8BiguQYCdo

Set it to 3:00. Rainbow kisses Flutters at 3:03 It's quick, but its there. Just friends? Possibly, but if that was the case then there would be so many less 'risky' things to slip in there. It also fits with the Rainbowshy thing a lot of folks seem to suspect.

post-15806-0-26369300-1372375451.png

RD seems to like the idea at least... :P

Edited by Cinderscribe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like to think of all of them as bi because it makes it easier when switching between reading fics and watching the show. It is hard for me to picture Rarity and Twilight as anything other than straight though.

Edited by I-Iz-A-Person

Ok, so, not suggesting that this is some kind of conspiracy - just trying to keep an open mind on the subject.

There's a pretty big 'Cant deal with homosexuality in a kids show' thing going on here, I'd just like to point out this video, some of you will doubtlessly have seen it before:

Set it to 3:00. Rainbow kisses Flutters at 3:03 It's quick, but its there. Just friends? Possibly, but if that was the case then there would be so many less 'risky' things to slip in there. It also fits with the Rainbowshy thing a lot of folks seem to suspect.

img-2371706-1-post-15806-0-26369300-1372

That video was debunked as just being a swishing sound effect. There's no lip contact between the two: 

• Brohoof 3

ok I am new and all, but I just had to comment. Why are we even talking about whether there bi or not? Isn't this a little girls show still? Just because there personality seems different or whatever doesn't mean anything. There just best friends, not to mention that there GIRLS.

Now personally, I would prefer my OC Relic being "shipped" with Fluttershy (Look on the character topic and go to the recent posts and you will see his name if you want to see him)

• Brohoof 2

img-2371706-1-post-15806-0-26369300-1372

That's been debunked already. Rainbow Dash was just getting Fluttershy back in the air and the sound effect used was a swishing effect and as it has already been mentioned there was no lip contact. So Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy still don't have a sexuality.

• Brohoof 1

At the end of the day does this really matter? I mean there's a lack of evidence to truly suggest relations will go one way or another. Barring something like Twilight getting married to Flash Sentry and/or them doing the nasty together, which is NEVER in the show, none of this will matter.

If you wanna have your pony romances and sexual encounters, then do so in your fanfics, art and vids.

• Brohoof 3