Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sexuality of the Mane 6?

CT-1138

well seeing as how the fandom already decided rainbow dash's sexuality, she would be homosexual

twilight sparkle I would imagine to be bisexual

pinkie pie seems like she is pansexual, she just don't care ^_^

fluttershy is so damn shy that she just don't care about that kinda thing. so perhaps Asexual

applejack I think would be heterosexual

and lastly rarity would be perhaps heterosexual as well.

• Brohoof 1

Applejack - either straight or closet homosexual

Rainbow Dash - same as Aj

Rarity - clearly straight

Pinkie Pie - Pansexual

Twilight - straight and xenophiliac ( humans if counting Equestria Girls and Flash)

Fluttershy - straight with xenophiliac/bestiality tendencies (non pony intelligent critters aka Minotaurs,Gryphons Draqonequus etc)

Also

Spike - straight and xenophiliac (ponies - Rarity)

Discord - pansexual or asexual its really hard to tell, he really like to grab ponies of both sexes

Soarin - straight (even took a hit for staring at cheerleaders)

Discord - pansexual or asexual its really hard to tell, he really like to grab ponies of both sexes

He may like Celestia.  He gave her flowers.  (On the other hand he's Discord.)

He may like Celestia.  He gave her flowers.  (On the other hand he's Discord.)

Oh dont start with the flowers argument. There is no way in any fiction that someone would give flowers in a romantical gesture an hour after sending that person to hell for eternity. Expecially in a color of mane6 who represent friendship

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

ARE YOU BUCKING KIDDING ME!??!1

WHY MUST I LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE RARITY IS SEEN AS STRAIGHT! WHY NO PONES THINKS SHE SWINGS FOR ANYONE, SHE IS A ....

Pinkie - Pansexual

Twilight - Asexual

Fluttershy - Bisexual (Also Transgender)

Applejack - Heterosexual

Dash - Lesbian (Also genderfluid)

Rarity - Bisexual

OMG, Rarity as Bi-Pony... I LOVE YOU ~ Have my babies ♥ Edited by NightGuard
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Rarity: Bisexual. Sure her two open crushes were stallions, but after the comics were confirmed canon, it is canon that Rarity owns a picture of Applejack making a sexy face. If Rarity was 100% straight, why would she have a sexy picture of Applejack? Also, look at Rarity in Return of the Crystal Empire. I also think she's transgender. Her voice is obviously fake, but high society ponies have a fake voice, too. Stallions have longer horns, and Rarity files her horn. Either Rarity's horn grows fast like a stallion's, so she files it down, or every unicorn mare gets their horn filed, (I doubt the latter is true) Then Rarity would be transgender. Also, she makes it a point to be seen as a lady. I know cisgender girls are that way, but it's common for transgender girls on TV to be overly feminine. Also, Rarity is very strong and can knock out ponies, so she may have stallion muscles. 

Applejack: Lesbian. I know everyone said she's straight because she's a southerner, but southerner does not mean straight. She shows slight hints that she likes mares, but I don't see any evidence of her liking stallions. Then again, she may be asexual.

Twilight: Straight. She doesn't seem to really focus on stallions, but she obviously had a crush on Flash. I really have nothing showing she likes mares, so I will say she's straight. 

Fluttershy: Asexual. She may tease stallions, but she doesn't seem to be interested in them at all. She seems to be more interested in watching animals instead of getting into a relationship. 

Pinkie Pie. Straight. (Season 5 spoiler)

Pinkie Pie is supposed to be getting a colt friend in Season 5.

She doesn't show to be interested in mares, though.

Rainbow Dash: Straight. She shows no interest in mares, but she did dance with a stallion. 

None of these are confirmed. The one that is most likely is Rarity being bisexual, but even that is unknown. 

• Brohoof 1

Twilight is straight cause she has showed obvious attraction to Stallions. Im also rather fond of FiW interpretation that she is into her brother.

Rainbow... seriously how can anyone still claim she is straight? Did we all forget her carrying around a picture of herself staring at Flutters "butterflies" or that entire episode of daring dont that had so many moments of Lesbien undertones and overtones I would have to recap the whole eposode. She into mares

Flutters is into anything... that is not a pony. She likes people like Iron Will and Discord

Rarity is probably bi, just cause I get that vibe

Pinkie is a party animal who is down for ANYTHING

Applejack likes mares but would pick a stallion cause she needs to keep the farm going

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 2

Twilight Sparkle: Asexual. Yeah, she had a crush on Flash Sentry, but Equestria Girls wasn't canon, and I really don't think she's one to get distracted by relationships.

Pinkie Pie: Asexual. She thinks of others only in friendly ways. Otherwise she and Cheese Sandwich would be married by now.

Rainbow Dash: Homosexual.

Rarity: Heterosexual. She's been shown to like stallions (Blueblood), and seems one to have more traditional values. I can't see her in a lesbian relationship.

Fluttershy: Pansexual. But I can't see her getting into a relationship with anyone but Discord.

Applejack: Eh, I really don't give a buck.

The only one of the main six I think could be homosexual in any way is Rainbow Dash. She acts masculin, she has shown very small, but still existantm signs of attraction toward other mares (I can't remember the episodes they were in tbh, but I specifically remember a few little moments), and even has a kind of masculin voice. I'm not saying this is proof or anything, but part of me just has a hunch.

Also, she is the rainbow pony.

The only one of the main six I think could be homosexual in any way is Rainbow Dash. She acts masculin, she has shown very small, but still existantm signs of attraction toward other mares (I can't remember the episodes they were in tbh, but I specifically remember a few little moments), and even has a kind of masculin voice. I'm not saying this is proof or anything, but part of me just has a hunch.

Also, she is the rainbow pony.

Homosexuality has (close to )nothing to do with acting opposed to one's gender stereotypes.

• Brohoof 1

Homosexuality has (close to )nothing to do with acting opposed to one's gender stereotypes.

I know, I know. Probably shouldn't have listed that as evidence... I honestly don't know what I was thinking with that post. I didn't bring up and kind of good evidence at all.

I know, I know. Probably shouldn't have listed that as evidence... I honestly don't know what I was thinking with that post. I didn't bring up and kind of good evidence at all.

NP, It's late (or early) you're probably tired and we all do silly stuff like that!

• Brohoof 1

I'm more than willing to bet some, maybe even most of them are bi, considering irl, there are a lot of people who can fall for either gender if they were to meet the right person.If any of them weren't, I'd say they'd be Rarity and Twilight. Twilight is focused on being better and Rarity wants a gentleman. PP doesn't seem like she'd care either way. Fluttershy is too..well..shy to admit whatever she honestly likes, probably. Rainbow Dash and Applejack could both probably go either way, but depends on who it is rather than a collective yes/no preference

Reading back, I think saying they are 100% one or the other is a really bad observation. Why would they all be straight? There are more mares than stallions that we've seen afterall. And why would they all be gay? We really haven't seen that much evidence outside our own perceptions of them that would prove they are either of those. I think some/most are bi because I cannot tell you how many times someone calls themselves gay or straight then they meet that person who did something for them no one else could and it made a beautiful relationship. It was like that with me too, kind of.  

Edited by ARagY
  • Brohoof 1

Edit: I quoted this post at the bottom of a page thinking it was the end if the thread without realizing that the issue had already been addressed on the following pages. So no disrespect intended towards the poster. But I'm leaving my post up because I think I made some good points.

The only one of the main six I think could be homosexual in any way is Rainbow Dash. She acts masculin...and even has a kind of masculin voice.

There is nothing masculine about Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash is a female therefore all of her behaviours and traits are feminine. Or better yet, her behaviours and traits are neither masculine nor feminine because behaviours and traits vary from person to person, so a specific behaviour or trait can not be objectively attributed to one gender or another. The very existence of Rainbow Dash and real people like her (those who do not fit into their supposed gender norms) disproves the concept of masculinity and femininity as identifiers. Masculinity and femininity now only exist in French class.

Also, even if masculinity did exist, and RD was masculine, it wouldn't necessarily mean she's gay. There are enty of straight women who don't fit the outdated definition of feminine.

Edited by Princess Lona

Edit: I quoted this post at the bottom of a page thinking it was the end if the thread without realizing that the issue had already been addressed on the following pages. So no disrespect intended towards the poster. But I'm leaving my post up because I think I made some good points.

There is nothing masculine about Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash is a female therefore all of her behaviours and traits are feminine. Or better yet, her behaviours and traits are neither masculine nor feminine because behaviours and traits vary from person to person, so a specific behaviour or trait can not be objectively attributed to one gender or another. The very existence of Rainbow Dash and real people like her (those who do not fit into their supposed gender norms) disproves the concept of masculinity and femininity as identifiers. Masculinity and femininity now only exist in French class.

Also, even if masculinity did exist, and RD was masculine, it wouldn't necessarily mean she's gay. There are enty of straight women who don't fit the outdated definition of feminine.

I made that post really late at night... I don't know what I was thinking. Sorry for idiocy. There isn't really any evidence for any of them being any sexuality other that straight, because the writers of the show obviously don't want to touch on that subject at all.