Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sexuality of the Mane 6?

CT-1138

twilight: asexual/aromantic! i see twilight as a person who really doesnt experience sexual and romantic attraction to anyone

fluttershy: pansexual or lesbian, honestly might go w/ lesbian!

rainbow: bisexual. she just seems like the pony to be bi?

rarity: cant really decide on rarity but might go w/ bisexual?
applejack: lesbian!

pinkie: pansexual

• Brohoof 1

What do I think the sexuality of the main six is?

I don't know. How am I supposed to know that? It was never established in the show, besides Rarity and Twilight (sort of).

I view them all to be straight, bi at most.

This is just fun speculation, obviously none of this could be based on canon  ^_^

Edited by VoxPolice

Twilight: Bi or straight

Applejack: Bi or lesbian

Fluttershy: Straight or bi

Pinkie: Pansexual

Rainbow: Straight or maybe bi

Rarity: Straight or bi

Also didn't Lauren herself say there all straight? I mean, I don't mind twisting that a LITTLE for my ships, but none are full blown lesbian.

• Brohoof 1

Whatever sexuality I need them to be for shipping purposes :P seriously, I don't really care. Nothing is canon, except that Twilight and Rarity have shown attraction to stallions but that doesn't preclude the possibility of them also being into mares. Fluttershy, AJ, Pinkie and Dash haven't shown any inclination one way or another so it's all individual interpretation if you want to see them as straight/gay/bi/asexual/whatever else. As long as people don't force their headcanon on others or anything, I'm cool with it.

Out of curiosity, does anypony have links/sources on Lauren Faust supposedly saying the M6 are all straight...? That seems like a bit of an odd thing to specify - I know she said something about people stereotyping Rainbow Dash as lesbian because she's "masculine" being an insult to both straight tomboys and girly lesbians, which I really liked. But it seems kinda unnecessary to specify that they're ALL straight (or any sexuality, but it comes off a little OMG NO HOMO in this instance)...I know that, sadly, they would most likely never show any same-sex attraction on a kid's show, but I think it's much better fitting the nature of the show, love and acceptance, etc, to leave things ambiguous since it's not exactly relevant to the plot in most cases. And that's not just for my own/the fandom's purposes, but for kids growing up who may turn out to be any orientation, and ought to have some freedom in how they see/relate to the characters, rather than being (implicitly) told that anything but straight is not "normal". I would really hate, for example, if FiM ended with all of the mane 6 paired up with some random stallion, because they're girls and of course girls need a man to be happy. -_-

• Brohoof 1

I really have to wonder if the concept of sexuality even exists within the realm of FiM. Really, I'd think most of them are straight as I would think that the survival of the species would hold some importance to them.

Even then I don't see all ponies being exclusively straight. I don't see why bisexuality and homosexuality can't exist. As for the Mane 6, it seems that Rarity & Twilight do fall for stallions, and Fluttershy likewise as she fell head-over-heels for AU King Sombra. As for the rest, Rainbow Dash & AJ probably don't care about romance as they have other ambitions, while Pinkie Pie is a mystery.

Alright this is not 100% correct but, anyways

Pinkie pie: The possibility is endless, bisexual

Rainbow Dash: Bisexual

Rarity: She's into stallions of course, straight

Twilight: Straight..STRAIGHT

Fluttershy: I don't even think she's even good enough to have a relationship, straight??

Applejack: Eh, straight

Sexual orientation has little to do with one's actions. Even Rarity liking some guys has to do with romantic orientation and that, too, can change. As a result, I don't have any set "headcanon" for how the ponies should be, sexuality or gender wise. Also, keep in mind Lauren Faust said they're all straight just because of the fact that they won't play around with homosexuality in My Little Pony (which I personally despise, by the way. It wouldn't be such a hot button topic if we just normalized it).

That being said, have any of you considered:

Rainbow Dash: Ace, gray-aromantic.

Twilight Sparkle: Pansexual.
Pinkie Pie: Also ace.
Rarity: Bisexual.
Fluttershy: Heterosexual.
Applejack: Closeted homosexual, due to traditional values within her family.

Also I call bs on the whole "long hair means trying to attract a mate" correlation. What if they simply like how the long hair looks? I mean, have long hair. Does that mean I'm trying to attract guys? (Answer: no, since I'm already taken.) Applejack was more function over form than Rainbow is; Rainbow might just think that the long mane with rainbows looks cool. And to be fair, she's right on that.

All straight but you really can't tell because there's really no evidence as to what their sexualitys are besides rarity who is obviously straight (the best night ever, simple ways) and twilight (if EG is canon)

i dont know about anything going on in the comics so if theres anything hot n heavy going on in those idk about it

I still like to think that any of Twilight's interest in the pony Flash Sentry is merely because she likes human males [i mean there's a whole slew of episodes without a mention of Sentry {because she's not into the pony Sentry} and she gets beck to Canterlot High and she's still mooning over Flash Sentry the human]. 

I can just imagine her trying to smuggle an adult women's magazine and finding out when she got back to Equestria that all the pictures turned to stallions and that she's really frustrated about it.

'Course the corollary is that the Canterlot High version of Twily is only into talking ponies.

twilight: straight

pinkie pie: anything goes

rainbow dash: bi, MAYBE full lesbian

applejack: straight, but i can almost picture rainbow dash getting her bicurious, call me crazy

fluttershy: hard to say, but id have to say straight

rarity: im leaning towards straight, but i wouldnt put bi past her

For the most part, I'd say the majority are uninterested in sex, although Rarity and Twilight seem to be the only ones to have shown any interest at all in other ponies. Rarity fantasizes about stallions all the time, and then Twilight seemed interested in Flash Sentry....

But that doesn't automatically make it sexual interest.

I don't like the fact that people are trying to push sexuality into the show as much as they can.

Who cares what sexuality they are? Why does everything have to be about sex?

Can't they just be friends like the show says?

• Brohoof 4

I don't like the fact that people are trying to push sexuality into the show as much as they can.

Who cares what sexuality they are? Why does everything have to be about sex?

Can't they just be friends like the show says?

Again some people are determined to change the subtitle to friendship got a little too magic.

• Brohoof 1

I don't even like to consider this, because it's a children's show about colorful ponies learning the values of friendship. I think the show directors add in things that may tip off to the fans. The only thing I ship anyways is straight, Dr. x Derpy. I don't think it honestly matters, and why people get so worked up over it. 

I don't even like to consider this, because it's a children's show about colorful ponies learning the values of friendship. I think the show directors add in things that may tip off to the fans. The only thing I ship anyways is straight, Dr. x Derpy. I don't think it honestly matters, and why people get so worked up over it. 

Whatever floats your boat Derpy.