• Those Three Idiots from Sonic Rainboom + The Cutie Mark Chronicles
    • Dr. Caballeron
    • Fleetfoot
    • Wind Rider
    • Spoiled Rich (Diamond Tiara's Mother)
    • Svengallop (Ra Ra's Manager)
    • Sassy Saddles
    • Principal Cinch

Nightmare Moon is just laughably passive and incompetent, really you're an alicorn so powerful that Celestia had to use the elements against you and when you have 6 ponies out to find the elements and stop you all you think to do is Turn into a thorn so a manticore can step on it and make some tree's look scary? At literally any point throughout the episodes NMM could of gone out to face the mane 6 and destroyed them before they were a threat, instead she waits in the very place they need to go and only puts up minor obstacles before them. This is the legendary threat who Celestia can't defeat guys. 

That was just bad writing.  The creators had to have the Mane Six reestablish the Elements of Harmony somehow, which is the reason for Nightmare Moon posing those pretty stupid challenges for them, instead of easily alicorn-beaming them to death.  Personally, Nightmare Moon is my favorite villain.  She has a great backstory, and she just wants people to respect her for what she does, not take over all of Equestria like all the other villains.  Although, I did hate how the writers made her look so stupid.  If she KO'ed Celestia with just one shot before, surely she should have been able to manage 6 normal ponies. 

Worst Villain: Nightmare Moon. Uninteresting character

-_-   psssssssssssssssssssssssssh 

-_-   psssssssssssssssssssssssssh 

Said the Luna fan.

But seriously, she was a bad first impression for the villains in general, and she was dealt with very quickly, had little screen time, and was just plain unoriginal.

But seriously, she was a bad first impression for the villains in general, and she was dealt with very quickly, had little screen time

Agree

was just plain unoriginal

Completely disagree.  All the other MLP main villains are only bent on taking over Equestria, whereas Nightmare Moon is the result of Luna's jealousy and anger towards the fact that no one respected or appreciated her for what she did while her sister (who, more or less, is her equal) stood in the limelight.  It's funny Nightmare Moon is even considered a villain, I mean, yeah, she wanted to put Equestria in eternal night which would probably cause it to freeze over, but she wasn't trying to do any harm to anyone (excluding Celestia).  She just wanted appreciation, even if that meant forcing it out of everyone. 

I don't like the idea of calling any villain or mane character the "worst" or "best". It's kind of like asking you who was worse, Hitler or Stalin... well they were both pretty terrible! But if I have to say one I'd probably take the same one you did, being Sombra. He just felt like the most unremarkable of all.

Agree

Completely disagree.  All the other MLP main villains are only bent on taking over Equestria, whereas Nightmare Moon is the result of Luna's jealousy and anger towards the fact that no one respected or appreciated her for what she did while her sister (who, more or less, is her equal) stood in the limelight.  It's funny Nightmare Moon is even considered a villain, I mean, yeah, she wanted to put Equestria in eternal night which would probably cause it to freeze over, but she wasn't trying to do any harm to anyone (excluding Celestia).  She just wanted appreciation, even if that meant forcing it out of everyone. 

By "unoriginal" I mean that she acts like a typical villain.

• Monologues
  • Boasts
  • Laughs like a maniac
  • Screams out "NOOOOOOOOOOO" when defeated

All in all, she's a generic, unoriginal excuse for a villain, as she does nothing new compared to other cliche villains.

• Brohoof 1

• Monologues
  • Boasts
  • Laughs like a maniac

All in all, she's a generic, unoriginal excuse for a villain, as she does nothing new compared to other cliche villains.

Yeah, that is true.  However, it is a character's backstory that makes them interesting, in my opinion.  Just judging someone by their actions doesn't give you a full picture of who they are.

Nightmare Rarity. 0/10, reading that arc was as fun as I'd imagine getting decapitated by a butter knife would be.

I am swapping my vote from Fleetfoot to Gilda because Gilda was more annoying than antagonizing. Yeahh, she antagonized the ponies well enough, but the sheer cheesiness of her lines was just more like "who says that?" and therefore I say no.

• Monologues
  • Boasts
  • Laughs like a maniac

Sombra: *Never monologues, never boasts, only laughs a few times, and only roars in defiance when defeated.* *Gets called unoriginal.*

Me:

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

I voted King Sombra because he's just boring and he didn't even speak. But if I were to reconsider, it'll probably Sunset Shimmer. She's too predictable and her scheme is not really well thought of. 

For the secondary, Flim and Flam. Because they never learn. They failed once because of Apple Jack and they failed again because of her, again. They need to step up their game if they want to take over the businesses or gain bits in Ponyville. 

Edited by Snivinerior

You think? I'd explain why i think she's a misunderstood genious, but this video would be better.

why was the shield there in the first place???!!!?? :derp:  :muffins:

why did she need to give herself away to buy time??!!????!!! :derp:  :muffins:

how do we know she only acted that way around twilight???!?!???!!! :muffins:  :derp:

Who sends a threat than sneaks in???!!!??!?!?!?

if she and her race were nice from the beginning, ponies would have willingly given them love because they were loveable!!!!

and for worst villain I'd have to say Nightmare moon, she was just dumb

Hey,she was only dumb because, apparently, the writer's couldn't come up with any other way to introduce the Elements of Harmony into the show.  The writers make Nightmare Moon act dumb just to fulfill their future plot expectations, not to fit her character.  You saw how she didn't hesitate to alicorn-beam Celestia to death in Twilight's flashback, right?  So why not just do the same for 6 other, weaker, ponies?  Terrible writing on Hasbro's part. 

• Brohoof 1

why was the shield there in the first place???!!!?? :derp:  :muffins:

Herp derp did you even watch the episode?

why did she need to give herself away to buy time??!!????!!! :derp:  :muffins:

To distract everyone in order for the minions to bust in.

how do we know she only acted that way around twilight???!?!???!!! :muffins:  :derp:

Because they literally show cutscenes where she acts normal around everyone else, except Twilight. Seriously, did you even see the episode?

Sneaks in disguised as royalty so nobody suspects her as the threat. Instead, they'll be checking on people OTHER than Cadance and Shining.

if she and her race were nice from the beginning, ponies would have willingly given them love because they were loveable!!!!

Stop... just stop. They're villains for a reason.

Responses in bold, I just had to speak my mind, because that just baffled me.

I love Sombra, but I think he was pretty bad. I feel he had potential to be as destructive as Tirek, but he wasn't. It could also be that I like his design and not his character, but who knows.

My secondary villain is Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. They are total jerks to the CMC. Some people may not think so, but I believe Silver Spoon could have a change of heart in the future.

King Sombra is hands down the WORST villain in MLP. He was the most BORING villain I've ever seen actually. It was one of the few moments Hasbro just got lazy in their writing. The plot of the whole Crystal Empire episodes was "Stop the evil guy" and right off the bat you're just told Sombra is the evil guy. 

Through out the episodes he does nothing to make us love to hate him. He has, what, three lines of dialogue throughout both episodes? Where the best villain, Discord, had like, one-hundred in just one episode?

What I'm getting at here is that if you measured Sombra on a grey scale, he'd somehow manage to be black as night (As in 100% evil). He has no redeemable qualities to him and over-all he's just.... well.. boring.  

King Sombra could have been such a awesome character, he looks awesome and he has a cool power, but with little to no lines and hardly any screen time he seemed very boring, a big disappointment for me.

tumblr_mdbowg3FE51qdimsho1_500.gif

For the secondary Antagonist, Gilda. All the other Villains I didn't like but they had qualities that made them good villains!? Discord for instance, he was fun to watch but he was an ass. However Gilda I just hate, There is nothing I like about her and I just wish she is with Sombra, in the room of the please-forget-me.

Edited by Nye1254

Sombra, Easily. not much of him was shown in the episode. He had little to no lines.Not really much of a "Character" perse.

As for antagonist, Ivoted Iron Will, but changed vote to Gilda. SHe's just an out right stereotypical bully.

Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon are great, I love those fillies. I can't dis them :wub:

I think i've already said my piece on this. Sunset Shimmer, though I love her, was one of the most cliche and predictable villains i've seen in MLP. I originally chose Garbel for secondary, but... i'm going with Dr. Caballeron; the fact that I can't remember who he was speaks for itself. Also...

Nightmare Rarity. 0/10, reading that arc was as fun as I'd imagine getting decapitated by a butter knife would be.

I am swapping my vote from Fleetfoot to Gilda because Gilda was more annoying than antagonizing. Yeahh, she antagonized the ponies well enough, but the sheer cheesiness of her lines was just more like "who says that?" and therefore I say no.

@ghostfacekiller39, i'm curious, what exactly didn't you like about the Nightmare Rarity Arc?

Edited by Shimmer5000

Nightmare Moon, definetly. She was extremely cheesy andf cliché, and made the first two episodes cringeworthy. She's the biggest reason why I think the first two episodes are the worst.

I'm not as familiar with all the secondary villains, but I would have to say the Diamond dogs. They were extremely cheesy, like the kind of incompetent villains you would expect from a bad children cartoon (And I don't consider MLP to be a bad children cartoon). Incompetent villains are not necessarily bad, but when they are this cheesy, it's bad.

why was the shield there in the first place???!!!??  

Herp derp did you even watch the episode?

Who's herp derp? :comeatus:    

why did she need to give herself away to buy time??!!????!!!    

To distract everyone in order for the minions to bust in.

okaaay, but why did she need to give herself away to buy time?

how do we know she only acted that way around twilight???!?!???!!!    

Because they literally show cutscenes where she acts normal around everyone else, except Twilight. Seriously, did you even see the episode?

yes I did, and no they didn't. The closest she came was saying she love love loved something and "Why does she have to ruin my special day!?" to make up for saying something that made her sound evil.

Sneaks in disguised as royalty so nobody suspects her as the threat. Instead, they'll be checking on people OTHER than Cadance and Shining.

they wouldn't be checking cadence and shining anyway. if she hadn't sent the threat, she could have disguised her entire race as ponies and snuck them in to feed off of love and nopony would have noticed. except for the huge population increase, that could be a problem.    

Stop... just stop. They're villains for a reason.

But I'm saying they don't have to be, if they just go and be nice, ponies would willingly give them love and everyone's a winner.

post-31031-0-77322500-1419536021.png

also, Merry Christmas, unless you don't celebrate christmas in which case, happy (insert holiday name here) :pinkie:  :fluttershy:   :adorkable:  :icwudt:   :sneer:  :har:

• 2 weeks later...