Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fluttershy vs. Twilight Sparkle

Luurilka

Twilight was voted best pony in the census, with Fluttershy coming in second.

But, I have noticed that the people who think Fluttershy is best pony often really LOVE her (me, for example), but ppl who think that Twilight is best pony seem to just really like her. It's like there r moar ppl who like twilight than Fluttershy, but moar ppl who really love Fluttershy than Twilight. I have also noticed that there seems to be moar Fluttershy avatars than Twilight Sparkle avatars.

Is this just me, or have u noticed these things as well.

Is Fluttershy the real best pony?

Twilight was voted best pony in the census, with Fluttershy coming in second.

But, I have noticed that the people who think Fluttershy is best pony often really LOVE her (me, for example), but ppl who think that Twilight is best pony seem to just really like her. It's like there r moar ppl who like twilight than Fluttershy, but moar ppl who really love Fluttershy than Twilight. I have also noticed that there seems to be moar Fluttershy avatars than Twilight Sparkle avatars.

Is this just me, or have u noticed these things as well.

Is Fluttershy the real best pony?

I've always thought there were a lot more Fluttershy fans than Twilight Sparkle fans...and how much fans like their favorite character doesn't really prove anything.

Fluttershy was my first favorite when I started getting into the show. I mean, how could you be more of a boss when you can make a dragon cry? But, Twilight's just more..."realistic." Maybe it's my logical side talking, but to me, her personality makes the most sense. It's easy to compare her love of reading and, as a result, closing out possible friends to people on the computer who do the same thing.

That, and she's just has the cutest scream when something startles her. ;)

Edited by Kodiak
  • Brohoof 1

When I first saw the show I saw fluttershy and though: The are all going to be loving this one.

And I was right. And my hidden hipsterness doesnt allow me to like her, and I actually do love Twilight, might change my avatar to her to show my appreciation, but I also love Pinkie... what to do?!

I think Fluttershy is liked because most think she is the cute one. Me? I like her, but she just needs to expand her character a bit, and Season 2 is doing better on that.

I like Twilight because of her personality and that she is a leader, and she is moslty the one I (Kind of) relate to the most.

Fluttershy actually kind of annoyed me the first season or so, ESPECIALLY in the dragon episode. She is more likeable in the second season and she has had a few good episodes to allow me to warm up to her, so I like her enough now. However, I certainly like Twilight better.

Also, anyone who knows me and pretty much anyone who has ever met me knows me as the hippie vegetarian animal-helper person, but otherwise I am nothing like Fluttershy. It kind of irks me that the animal lovers are always stereotyped as passive and helpless. I'm more bold but levelheaded like Applejack, which is probably why I like her best.

Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle are also my two favorites. It bounces back and forth. Usually Fluttershy is my favorite but right now I think I like Twilight Sparkle a bit better. It just depends though. Fluttershy is better for videos and stuff, both make great avatars.

• Brohoof 1

I feel so sorry for those who havn't realised that Fluttershy is best pony. We should start a Fluttershy Appreciation Day where we cram our beliefs down everyponies throats. I imagine that would work. Maybe at gunpoint too, that tends to help...

• Brohoof 1

Flutterhsy? she was my favorite when I first watched the show, but now I'm into Pinkie pie, but sadly Fluttershy wen't all the way to my 5th favorite pony, is not that I don't like her, but I like some of the other characters more,I still love Fluttershy though, since I reserved a spot for being my first favorite pony

So I say Twilight

I feel so sorry for those who havn't realised that Fluttershy is best pony. We should start a Fluttershy Appreciation Day where we cram our beliefs down everyponies throats. I imagine that would work. Maybe at gunpoint too, that tends to help...

your post scared me specially the bolded part Edited by Pinkazoid
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight is best pony in my opinion. She's just awesome; my favorite.

Objectively? We will never know. But think about it: what would this fandom do if the argument were settled? xD It'd be like what the Joker said in "The Dark Knight" about the dog chasing the car and not knowing what it'd do with the car if it actually caught one.

• Brohoof 2

I like Applejack and Twilight the most and Fluttershy isn't actually one of my favorites. She is cute and I like her, but her character never really grew on me. Twilight instead I started liking more with each episode :)

• Brohoof 1

I try to be impartial in "debates" like this. I don't like the idea of favoring one of the main characters over another, because they all have such depth, such glamor, good qualities and flaws aplenty. They're too three dimensional with so many good moments that I couldn't really pick a true favorite.

I especially dislike when people start trying to claim X is "best pony." Such opinionated arguing does nothing but cause grief.

So I don't have a choice between Twilight and Fluttershy, my choice of avatar aside. They're both wonderful ponies. I like them both.

Edited by Kyronea
  • Brohoof 1

from Mane 6, I like Pinkie and Fluttershy the most.

Pinkie Pie - the one who made meh love the show [with Discord, of course]

Fluttreshy - we have the same personality and she's the cutes one ^^

then goes Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

from Mane 6 I like Twilight the least, if not say, dislike her. she's just not the type of character I would love or even like.

I like [Great and Powerful] Trixie and Discord more than Twilight.

even if I am a book-worm like her - i still don't like her as much as I like Trixie or others [+, RD is a book-worm 2 now, so..].

am I weird on that point that I like Trixie more than Twilight?

*Twilight and Fluttershy are both her favorites* *gets on knees, places hands on head* I CAN"T DECIDE!!!! DON"T MAKE ME DECIDE!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!

*recovers* Conflicting feelings of indecisiveness aside...

The reasons why I love both of them so much is because I happen to see alot of myself in both of them.

For Fluttershy, I used to be very shy and quiet when I was younger. While I have managed to improve on that in more recent years, by getting involved more often and speaking up more, I still revert back to old habits from time to time. Plus, I've always had a love for animals and have been able to connect with them like she can.

As for Twilight, not only have I been quiet and shy like Fluttershy, but i've also been socally award. Unforetunately, unlike my shyness, I still haven't gotten over that. Plus, also like Twilight I also have a tendency to get wrapped up in the things I love, like keeping things organized (sometimes a bit too much, I joke with people and call it a mild case of OCD), and i'm also a perfectionist...not on the same levels showcased in Lesson Zero though. Lol.

As a bonus, I look the pony personalty test and even the offical one on the Hub site and got Twilight on both. The former test I got Fluttershy as 2nd closest. ^^

• Brohoof 1