Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you passionate about writing?

Sugar Pea

Writing is a passion of mine. It all started when I signed up for journalism my sophomore year. Ever since then, I became interested in writing creative stories, essays, poems, and the like. I have a FiMFiction account, but I don't use it. I should post some stories or something in the future. :P

I wanted to write novels ever since I could scribble. I've started probably over 1,500 manucripts. My problem is lack of self confidence I'm always doubting my ability to do my ideas justice, or I just get bored with them way too quickly.

Not as passionate as I used to be. Can't seem to get myself out of this rut... I used to write fanfics, on Fanfiction.com, when I was like 12 and had no cares for the plot. All I really cared about was that I liked it; not anyone else specifically. Nowadays I'm trying to write my own original story, but that's a mountain of problems.

I read a lot of MLP fanfics nowadays. Mostly stories centering around Twilight, Celestia, or Rarity. I mostly read adventure and comedy, though I do dabble in romance fairly often.

• Brohoof 1

Its something ive been doing for a long time and have been happy with. Im 16 and ive hit more then just some stumps and year long stops to know it leavese pointless. Ignoring that call that aches to move my fingers and have my mind stay fresh is oddly mystifying. Having it be stagnant... its when I become blotted out.

I don't enjoy writing as much as I use to, but I really still do want to write. It's a passion I've had since I was old enough to write, but it's slowly dying. Quite the shame.

• Brohoof 2

My major is creative writing for entertainment so I would hope I'm passionate about it, otherwise I'll soon be doing professionally something I have no real interest in.

Most of my writing is science fiction and fantasy. I actually starting writing because of the Conversion Bureau believe it or not. I was offended and enraged by it, I thought it was both misanthropic and a misrepresentation of the canon characters and world it reported to represent.

So I decided to write my own version. One that looked at human characters as human and the canon Equestria as it's presented as closely as could be given the bizarre setup.

It was in this that I discovered my passion for the art. 

I write mostly poems and songs nowadays; though I've authored many short stories and published them online at dA.  Overall, I've the most experience with horror, but I've tried my hand at sci-fi, fantasy, western, weird fiction, thriller, comedy, and erotic.

I am, but i sometimes hit a few roadblocks; but get past them after a day or two of thinking. I've started 4 stories and here's the list:

• Dark Origin(Dark/SoL)
  • Equestria's Last Hope: Prism Force(Dark/Adventure/SoL)
  • Rainbow Gate War(Dark)
  • In The Spirit Of Hearth's Warming Eve(Romance/Sol)(not a clopfic in any way)

But i'm proud of what i've learned from in the past, and hope to someday get my fics recognized.

I love it. My dream job would be to be a published author. At this point, I mostly write fanfiction, but I have several original stories in the works as well. My biggest problem these days is that I'm not satisfied with what I write. I'll have a lot of ideas, but for some reason I can't seem to put them into words. Merely seeing this thread makes me want to write again, though, so I'll get to it.

(edited)

I used to be when I was in my 20s. I'm writing one little fanfic right now because I found it to be an easy way to get back in the swing of it. Background plot, characters.. most of it is already established with fanfiction. Gives me a good excuse to write an easy story and learn a thing or two.

Edited by Trickilee

I used to write when I was young if I was bored but I stopped in high school. I've been thinking of writing a fanfiction but I haven't been able to convince myself to write one even though people say I have some unique ideas. Ah well! :P

I'm passionate about writing and I tried it in 2004. And I didn't feel encouraged, so I stopped. I did carry on enjoying the written word. I read the 'potters' until my arms ached!

Easter 2015 and something goes bang in my head and I spit out a dark poem. Then a cringe-comedy, then two pony "romantics/slice of life", then a short pony fanfic, before going completely off the rails and writing an eight thousand word mlp pony grim/dark set in cyber space. And now I'm on my third pony sweet-story. So that's fourteen thousand words in six weeks! I shouldn't think I can keep the pace up for long?

But communication and technology is a lot better now, so I recorded the poem to youtube and some kind pony read the cringe-comedy for me, so that is on the tube as well.

I like to write stuff I like and to share it.

Also, it's maybe my cheapest hobby ;)

I'd say I'm very passionate about writing. Though generally I don't write specific stories and I like to focus on a fictional world more in general. For example, I will create a world and a complicated lore behind it, but I will rarely ever utilize it to make a story. By now, I'd say I have made 4 different unique universes that are completely finished for now but I've yet to utilize most of them. I did make a tabletop rpg out of one for me and my friends to play though.

Yes, I'm very passionate about writing. Besides drawing, It's one of my main artistic outlets. I've written a quite a few short stories, songs, poems, tons of journal entries, and I even wrote a essay (of my own volition :P ). I've gotten into FimFiction only recently -- around the beginning of this year. But it really got my creative juices going and the desire to share my work with others has gotten stronger.  I actually have a Fimfic in the works that I plan on releasing pretty soon. :)

I love writing. I used to write tons of poems when I was younger, but stopped and never wrote again. I did, however, get back to writing about 2 years ago and have been doing it since, although it is hard to get inspired/influenced by something

• 4 years later...