Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you passionate about writing?

Sugar Pea

Absolutely. I haven't really shown the world my work, but I love writing short stories and I've been planning out a novel all summer. May eventually turn that into a collab with my friend.

Also I've written a bit of pony fanfiction but college got me sidetracked and I have yet to get around to finishing the epic story I had started... I've been more invested in original work.

I love to write. I've been writing a series of short stories for years and I always have ideas for lots more. I'd love to put them all together into a book but I always end up setting that aside so I can write more new material instead of reformatting the old stuff. 

I do like to write, I write blogs and stuffs, like to write things like 'Why I like this and that' or 'Why I'm this and that' or 'Why I dislike this' or do like top 10 and why I like it. I do like to write like I'm doing a book, like write about things I like from Britain. But do need patient, time and stuffs when doing these.

I love writing, been writing my own stories since the 4th grade and still going. I got fanfiction, and fiction and I try to write comics time to time. Nano season is the best season for me ..... when I don't have to work and can focus on writing.

I love writing. Am I good at it is another story, but I do love it. I love the world building, the plot lines, the critique and the praise. It’s a hobby that you can transfer into a skill with relative ease.

When I was young I couldn’t stand writing. The thought of being a writer was insane to me. Writing because it’s enjoyable? Don’t make young me chortle.

Anyhoo...

I'm more of a tech writer as it comes with the career field I'm in, but I do like to write when I have a good opportunity. It's just not super often that I actually write something outside of a roleplay.

I'd say that I'm passionate about it. I do love writing some good smut. :p

It's depends what  it is I'm writing. Generally, I like writing research paper, fiction stories (including scripts), and mainly poetry and song lyrics. The one time I'd never find enjoyable to write is if I were to write about myself...like cover letters.

Edited by TBD

in school my fave subjects were the literary ones (english, history, religion) because they were the ones that I was actually good at

I like writing, whether it be fiction, essays or whatever else

I was considering studying creative writing at uni but that's a risky career path

• 3 weeks later...

Used to really enjoy it as a kid, probably because I would come up with the strangest and oddly creative ideas for a story. Think my overall skill and enjoyment of writing slowly faded with age unfortunately. :dash:

If I were to ever write something, I like to write technical manuals or guides. There is something about writing about how things work, in the most optimized way that still get people engaged in the subject.
That's the only way I would like to write something.

• Brohoof 1

I pride myself in writing good stories with cohesive grammar and plot (but sometimes I still need to work on the plot part). So far I’ve only written short stories and a couple other things here and there. I hope someday to write stuff for movies and cartoons.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty passionate about writing. I've always been pretty good at it (though my reading comprehension skills aren't amazing. Why does everything need to be a symbol? Why can't writing just be simple and entertaining?). The only time I haven't gotten an A on a paper in school was when I had to write one about a book that I had no interest in reading. I got a B- on it, which would have been a B+ in almost any other school since my school system used a 6 point grading scale (a 75 was an F at my school; let that sink in).

Anyway, nowadays I try to keep my grammar at least mostly correct, though I can relax quite a bit since all I write now is fanfiction and not every little detail has to be grammatically correct, Mrs. George, thank you very much (maybe I'll branch out into original works eventually). I really only like writing things I'm passionate about, and right now I'm doing an MLP / BattleTech crossover since they both mean a lot to me (for very different reasons). I'm hoping that it'll be a massive universe by the time I'm done with it, but I'm only on the first story arc right now, and it's at about 130k words currently. It's a very niche group to be writing for since only about ten people like both MLP and BattleTech, but at least I enjoy it.