Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are changelings alicorns

Fire Bomb

I was just thinking, an alicorn is a pony with wings and a horn. Changelings have wings and a horn, so does that mean changelings are alicorns, or do they not count because their changelings.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think changelings are really ponies, so they might not count towards being an alicorn /=|

since they're a species that specializes in mimicry, maybe they just copied ponies and ended taking on some of their traits

I think there's a name for this? convergent evolution, maybe? don't remember /=|

Edited by silverreverb

Changelings aren't Ponies.... they're even better.

Alicorn refers to the cross between a Pegasus and a Unicorn, both of which are Equines. 

Changelings have a horn and wings because that's just how their species is.

i believe that the changelings are a different species although the writer in me says that perchance the changelings are ponies but only gotten corrupted in one way or the other or better yet its only Queen Chrysalis that was once a beautiful alicorn but due to her desire for more beauty became evil and eventually lost her true nature and became a changeling, the 1st Changeling who sired the entire changeling race

No, an alicorn is a pony with feathery wings and a unicorn horn. A changeling is, well, a changeling. They aren't ponies, so none of them are alicorns (and can't be alicorns, you need to be a pony for that.)

An alicorn is a mammal based equine. And judging from the appearance and movement of a common changeling. They are insect based beings. But because they have a horn and wings doesn't mean anything. Some insects have both horns and wings. Chrysalis could be an alicorn, but that's a different discussion.

I don't think of them as ponies in the first place, and I think alicorns have to be ponies, so no.

I think of changelings more as parasites or something.

Sure they have horns, and wings, but rinos have horns and so do unicorns, but they're still different.

So just because they share similar features, doesn't make me think of them as the same thing as alicorns.

I think you have the answer to your question in the title. Changelings are...well...Changelings. Changelings are or seem to be an entirely separate race. Ponies fed on hay, fruits, vegetables, candy ect. Whilst Changelings on the other hand feast on love and are developed specifically for doing so. Their shape shifting ability is used mainly for assuming the shape of one you love so they can absorb the love you project at them. That's most likely why they have a horn and wings, so they can assume both the form of a Pegasus and a unicorn. 

Changelings aren't technically ponies. I think they're more insect like. As a result, they can't be alicorns because alicorn is a subspecies of equine.

Having wings and a horn doesn't technically count.

Changelings are more insect based than they are equine so to answer your question; no. They are not Alicorns. Alicorns have higher magic skills capable of amazing feats like moving the sun and the moon,

... Oh. My. Gosh. I just realized something. If suddenly, all of the changelings were turned into real ponies, they would all. be. alicorns. ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Okay, I'm just being silly now. :derp:

But, no, I don't think a Changeling on it's own is a alicorn, because they seem to be a separate species of their own. Though I do enjoy gasping in horror while watching that episode and saying, "No! There are so many alicorns!!!!"

Changelings are more insect based than they are equine so to answer your question; no. They are not Alicorns. Alicorns have higher magic skills capable of amazing feats like moving the sun and the moon,

Remember though, back in ancient times, it seemed regular unicorns raised the sun and moon. Eh, maybe more than one of them had to do it?  :unsure:  

Remember though, back in ancient times, it seemed regular unicorns raised the sun and moon. Eh, maybe more than one of them had to do it?

Yeah it took like a whole group of them to move the sun and moon. I'm assuming it takes about a towns-full amount of unicorns to move celestial bodies. 

• Brohoof 1

No they aren't. Just because they both have wings and horns doesn't mean they are the same species. That'd be like me saying that Octopus and Spiders are the same thing because they both have eight limbs. Yes, they have common traits. But they also have different ones: beetle like carapace, Insectoid wings, and weird holey legs to name a few.

Edited by Spess
  • Brohoof 1

Changelings aren't alicorns since, they look more like insects than alicorns. Alicorns have horns and wings, and don't have an insect appearance with holes and insect wings. They are two different species.

I'm gonna be that one asshole who gives you the definition to answer your question:

changeling

noun (plural changelings)

- (mythology) In British, Irish and Scandinavian mythology, an infant of a fairy, sprite or troll that the creature has secretly exchanged for a human infant.

- (informal) An infant secretly exchanged with another infant.

- (science fiction) An organism which can change shape to mimic others.

- (obsolete) A simpleton; an idiot.

- (obsolete) One apt to change; a waverer.

synonyms

- (fairy's child) oaf (obsolete)

- (being that can change shape) shape-shifter

So based off that, I would say that changelings aren't even insects. Edited by darklord260

I was just thinking, an alicorn is a pony with wings and a horn. Changelings have wings and a horn, so does that mean changelings are alicorns, or do they not count because their changelings.

A Changeling's normal form is in the shape of an Alicorn but technically it is not an Alicorn. An Alicorn is a normal pony with Wings and a Horn, and they're generally taller than normal ponies. Changelings are completely different because they're a whole 'nother species. Changelings are just Changelins, not Alicorns.