Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you had a hamster, what would you name it?

Sugar Pea

If I had a hamster, I would name it Cheesecake.
Cheesecake sounds like a great name for an adorable hamster, and it sounds so yummy and cute! <3
He shall be a dwarf hamster :3

Edited by Nature Of Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 6

Haha, funny story is actually my brother use to have a hamster, and we named it Snorlax, because pokemon was(And still is) a bit thing for us.

I also had a bunny named mudkip, because I liked mudkip alot at the time :P.

So yeah..

No our dog isn't named after a pokemon, never was.

But i'm getting off topic :P.

I already had a hamster! (It died :( ) and named it Milkshake which is arguably the most amazing pet name I have ever thought of. So if I got another hamster it would be Milkshake Jr. or Milkshake the 2nd

I had 2 Dwarf hamsters named Milly and Lilly, they lived to be around 3 which is double the average age :3

Right now i have a rabbit named Collin  :catface:

On the topic of names that are funny for a pet, I've always considered Steve to be a funny name for a dog or Derick for a Budgie  :derp:

I'd name it some kind of food, depending on the color. It's kind of a tradition for me for some reason; I named my dog Pumpkin and my cat Cream Cheese.

I have a problem.

• Brohoof 1

I used to have a hamster and I named it Roxy for some reason. That was back when I was 3. Unfortunately Roxy gave us some problems regarding how bad her pee and number two smelled. The whole room stank and well sadly we had to let her go. Before we moved away from LA we gave her to one of my cousins. I don't really miss her that much since I've had plenty of fish and 3 turtles as pets in the past to replace her.

• Brohoof 1

I would name him Pork Chop II.

In honor of my fish Pork Chop.

We miss you, Chops.

Naw, but seriously, i'd name him (or her) Cheesers... or maybe Simon Epsilon Xavier. mlp-dsexy.png

• Brohoof 1

Only in my Dream Land would I ever own a hamster. If the hamster was friendly and energetic, I would name him Rick. Brohoof for anyone who gets the reference.

Edited by SmartyPants
  • Brohoof 1

I had a hamster... and i loved him but now i feel bad cause i forgot his name. T_T I'm such a bad owner! He was a Russian Dwarf Hamster. Just like this one Russian%20Dwarf%20Hamster%2069320.jpg

(there was another more like him but it had a bug in the picture and i don't like bugs)

If I got another i would name it.... umm.. like Rocky or something :/ yeah im bad with names, you should see my pokemon nicknames.

The Right Honourable Great Leader and Eternal President of the Democratic People's Republic of the Utopia of Hamsters, the Forever Vigilant and Indomitable General Sir Lord Doctor Gerald Grievous Ferdinand Oscar Wilhelm the Ist of all the Utopias, Ph.D, M.D., USAF, RAF, I.D. A.A., Ret. Senior.

"General Grievous" for short.

• Brohoof 1

I bought a little girl a pair of gerbils for her birthday (with parents permission). She got to pick them out herself. The first was brown and white and she called him, "Little One."

The second was black and white and she named him, "Police Car."

• Brohoof 1

I had a hamster once. A black dwarf one. I named him "Texes." Not even I know why, though. Must have been something I came up with on-spot, to be honest.

Today, I'd probably give it a cute human name, like I always do with my modern pets. Probably something like "Jimmy" or "Sally" or something.

Hamsters are lame. Ferrets are in.

I'd probably make a random Harry Potter reference for his name.

Or I'll name him something awesome. Like "Ninja".

Edited by Eureka

i have never owned a hamster, but when i was younger i had a guinea pig :3

it was my favorite animal back then. i called him HUMMER because he was all cute and small and all :P

John Smith.

Because I'm so original like that..(!) Right?

____

Seriously, I would call it Bob. Because screw everyone and their "pet" names. :3

I have a hamster... well it was unfortunately dumped into my sudden possession...

At first she was jumping around in her cage in fear at the first sight of me, but now she's chill and cared for.

I named her May.

I had a hamster,he lived 3 years. Now he's resting peacefully under a tree in my backyard.

But anyways, we got him for Christmas one year and we had to pick a name we all liked. So we called him Comet after Santa's reindeer and the space comet. He was a teddy bear hamster and we sometimes called him Comie or Sir-poops-a lot because I liked medieval times and because he pooped a lot.    

I have had a lot of hamsters, so let me give you all of their names!

All of our past hamsters:

Dino- Named because he was big and bit us a lot O_o

Waldo- Named that because we could never find him in the bedding because he was so tiny!

Petite- Very tiny.

The Cornz- My cat ate her before we could find a better name......We named her that because we would try to feed her corn and she would never eat it. We used to make her say "I WILL NOT. EAT. THE CORNNNNZZZZ!" So it wasn't quite...official. :lol:

Cinnamon and Jujubee- Two sister chinese dwarf hamsters. Cinnamon ate Jujubee's head...... :blush:

Melody and Harmony- Our first hamsters. My sisters named them that.

Present hamsters-

Peanut- The magic hamster; so fast that she can go one place to another with no in between.

Buttercup- My parrot hamster. She loves to sit on my shoulder and fall asleep in my pocket. We got her from Petco and a few weeks later, she had 9 babies! :blink:  We kept 4.

Summer- One of the 4 babies we kept. She is grey and has cute speckled ears!

Peanut Butter- Brown ham.

Oxnard- Adorable, tiny, brown boy hamster. Named after a hamster in Hamtaro. Ironically, he is opposite of Oxnard in Hamtaro and doesn't eat that much.

Tank- Named after Tank the tortoise!

Flutters- One of the hamsters we didn't keep. She is a red eyed yellow hamster. Full name is Fluttershy.

Rumble- Grey hamster.

Wilbur- He was the tinyest when he was a baby.

Creamcheese- A cute light grey hamster. Was originally named Cami but she was renamed when we sold her to somebody.

Hippo- When he was a baby, he was fat and pinkish purple!

And that is my <very> lengthy list of hamsters.