Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

i can't post pictures straight from my computer.

Mane Sax
Go to solution Solved by Princess Periwinkle,

I am having problems posting pictures from my computer. It seems the only time I can is when I start a topic or using a profile picture. I don't know how to fix it, but if someone can let me know it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Maybe you could provide some more information that could make it easier for anypony to help you?

• Which internet browser are you using?
  • Have it always been like this?

If not, when did it start to happen?

• When you upload images,

are you using BBCode

[img][/img]

tags or are you using the Image button (which pretty much is the same but you don't have to write the img tags). Or are you maybe uploading images via the forum basic uploader and then adding them into your post as attachments?

• Brohoof 1

I'm assuming its  because you aren't in the full post or upload files menu.

In order to post pictures from your computer you have to be on there.

in order to get to it you have to go to where you type a post and next to the post button should be a button saying "Upload Files+ More Reply Options" click on that and if you can upload pictures fine when posting a topic then you should know how to do the rest!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Here's a quick step-by-step tutorial on uploading images.

Click the "More reply options" button

post-15615-0-57441400-1375496620_thumb.png

Click on "Choose Files" down under the textbox

post-15615-0-59020300-1375493885_thumb.png

Choose your file from your computer and click "Open"

post-15615-0-59869400-1375493871_thumb.png

Click "Add to post"

post-15615-0-10430800-1375493852_thumb.png

Some text should show up like this:

[attachment=66301:Filename.png]

That text will appear as an image when you make your post.

Edited by Sky Chaser
  • Brohoof 4

I'm assuming its  because you aren't in the full post or upload files menu.   In order to post pictures from your computer you have to be on there.   in order to get to it you have to go to where you type a post and next to the post button should be a button saying "Upload Files+ More Reply Options" click on that and if you can upload pictures fine when posting a topic then you should know how to do the rest!

Ohh, so thats what that button does. That helps. Thank you.

Here's a quick step-by-step tutorial on uploading images.

Click on "Choose Files" down under the textbox

Choose your file from your computer and click "Open"

Click "Add to post"

Some text should show up like this:

[attachment=66301:Filename.png]

That text will appear as an image when you make your post.

Thank you, but the problem was the Choose Files thing wasn't showing up on the normal thing. I didn't know you had to click the blue button to do that (although now that I look at it, that makes a lot more sense). Thanks anyways.

Now my only problem is that it won't let me do that with a signature. If anyone can help with that, it would be greatly appreciated. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Ohh, so thats what that button does. That helps. Thank you.

Thank you, but the problem was the Choose Files thing wasn't showing up on the normal thing. I didn't know you had to click the blue button to do that (although now that I look at it, that makes a lot more sense). Thanks anyways.

Now my only problem is that it won't let me do that with a signature. If anyone can help with that, it would be greatly appreciated. ;)

All right I went ahead and updated my previous post for future reference. :)

For your signature, I would recommend hosting the image off site for example at Imgur.

Then you can insert the image with this button: post-15615-0-10766600-1375496994.pngfound just above the text box.

• Brohoof 3