Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Was Your Day?

SpectrumStar

Worked this morning into the afternoon, went out to Cheddar's for my belated birthday, then went to a ice cream salad-esque bar for dessert and a friend's fundraiser. A fine day.

i think my day was pretty good. i got a good night sleep, surfed the web, played DnD with good friends till it got late and now before i go to bed i enjoy looking though mlp forums well listing to good music. man this was a good day... but now the work week starts again. not looking forward to that

Well....it was pretty quiet this morning, but had to keep an eye on my father, who was sick with Bronchi-asthma.  Good news is though, i didn't get sick.  Gonna head to class later tonight.  But its been good so far, :D

Well it started off within FINALLY getting a good night sleep after being sick with a fever the last 2 days. Waking up before my husband for ONCE! then nuzzling him to wake up.

When I say nuzzle, I mean tickle and annoy him LOL. I'm so mean to him, in a playful way lol. When he wakes me up its always with a gentle shake or pat on the back. When I wake him up I give him a kiss and tickle him lol!

Fed my rats, looked after my baby nephew, I'll be cooking dinner tonight so that'll be good for me hehe.

It was kind of annoying but not nearly as bad as many other days I have had I guess, my load was late but I at least had some help and was able to finish most of it before going home. A bunch of customers all showed up at once which delayed my lunch by a whole hour (I am a backup checker in addition to being a dariy clerk). I suppose the highlight of my day was toward the end of my shift when this crack head started freaking out in the customer bathroom (there is an employees only one upstairs in the breakroom as well). The only words I could understand out of the guy where a nearly never ending stream of expletives, he was talking so fast he could make even the slickest of auctioneers sound like a tortoise.

Blog-like post time!:

It was the funeral for my grandma - a very central figure to my life, and foundation for my love for music and my instruments (and that's all putting it very lightly) - so it was not the most pleasant of days. The service was very nice and even spoke through to me as a nonbeliever, and even if I did feel a bit awkward, she was a believer and completely had the right to have her service done that way. So I pushed all of that awkwardness away.

Although being told by so many that I should be happy for her because she's now with grandpa did not help me at all, as I do not believe that. I very much wish I could believe that she is, but you know... The only comfort that I have to go with is that she is no longer suffering from her disease, and also no longer suffering from the loss of grandpa. Those realities are comforting.

The pain was immeasurable, but it was not all pain. The service also meant that I got to see my nephew for the first time in a couple of years. I'm such a terrible aunt, I know... But they live in another state now, and my schedules just really don't line up very well with getting to see them when they come over. Nevertheless, he was a really bright light in this time of grief. Being as young as he is, he is blissfully ignorant to the great loss we have endured, and thus he smiled as brightly as he ever does, and was a real little bundle of joy. And even though I've been a terrible aunt and haven't seen him in so long (he wasn't even walking the last time I saw him =( ), he instantly bonded with me and wanted to hold my hand and walk around with me a lot of the time. And he even gave me a big hug in the end!

Because of him, I even found myself giggling (very quietly - indistinguishable from crying lol) during the service itself. And I know I don't have to feel bad because my grandma would not want it any other way (and I was crying the whole rest of the service either way).

Nevertheless, the pain is here to stay... And now will probably hit me with just about everything, because a lot of the things I do and love, are because of her and grandpa. =(

• Brohoof 1

Today was a mix bag as any other day usually has been for a while now. Only thing i look forward to now is Wednesday when i move back to my hometown... only thing is my parents will not know until they find the letter i leave them. I've made my mind up and i tried to go weeks ago and threatened me that i had no optionthat's not right as to leaving but i am 20 now so i can go as i please.

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

Actually scratch all that happy stuff I said, the one thread that's been keeping me happy on this site has been shut down. So this day has become complete shit...

Edited by Biznis Kitty