Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would sharing my Deviantart be considered "advertising", or is it allowded?

MiniWing22
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

Hi, I was wondering if I would be allowed to share my deviantart with this community or if it would be considered advertisement.  Is it okay? Would it be okay to make a new topic about it or would it be better to merge it with something else, such as my welcome post?

By no means, kind sir or lady. Sharing your art is by no means amoral. I think putting your best foot forward and posting a link in your welcome topic shouldn't rustle any jimmies. And if you ever post any art you do on the forums, a link to the deviant page is a good idea.

Well, i think if you post some art here and then have it alongside your post of art somewheres then I don't think that violates any rules, i'm not sure on the specifics though.

However I have seen others here do that, so I assume its allowed.

I think your just not allowed to have a "Check out my deviant art" thread by itself. Thats my understanding atleast.

Hi, I was wondering if I would be allowed to share my deviantart with this community or if it would be considered advertisement.  Is it okay? Would it be okay to make a new topic about it or would it be better to merge it with something else, such as my welcome post?

Hi!

You should mention it on your About Me page, or list it with your contact information, like I did.

Hi and welcome to the forums *hug*

You're free to share what ever art you have here as long as you post it in the right places.

http://mlpforums.com/forum/32-pony-artwork/

http://mlpforums.com/forum/16-non-pony-artwork/

You can add a link to you DA to your profile when you edit it and you could also just put a link in your signature which is what I've done

You are not allowed to make topics advertising that or anything else, but you are allowed to advertise your DA account by linking it in your signature which you will be able to do once you reach a certain rank and you can edit your profile and put your account in your "contact information" as well as putting it on your profile page. I think you probably would be allowed to link and mention it in your welcome topic though as the purpose of that is to tell people about yourself and if you are an artist I am sure some people might be interested in that. And you can also share any artwork you have made in Octavia's Hall as well so that could also help you get more exposure.

(edited)

It is okay to link to your deviantART page outside of your profile or signature. Just make sure not to ask for dA points, or money for commissions. 

However, I would avoid making a new topic just to advertise your dA. Linking to it in a topic you made displaying your artwork would not be a problem, though.

Welcome to the site, by the way. I hope that you'll have a great time here. Including a link to your dA as part of your introduction thread would definitely be fine. :)

Edited by SCS