Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pencil or Pen?

Zero000

48 users have voted

1. 1. Pens or Pencils

• Pens
    • Pencils
    • Marker/Crayons :3
    • Why in the name of Mike do you want to know this...

I use both, pencils are perfect for tests/quizzes, and drawing, pens are great for detailing or tracing.

Wait, what is this, all hail, the erasable pen! Posted Image

I only use pens when I know I won't screw something up. Which is never. I erase almost as much as I write, so if you give me a pen...

I'm actually super careful with pens though, but it takes me a lot longer to write anything because of that.

I use pens when it comes for signatures, or curtain classes, like English. But when it comes to Math or something that will have a lot of mistakes, I will use a mechanical pencil. The only time I will use a wooden one is for artwork.

I like pencils but my teachers encourage using pens. I make a lot of mistakes when i write and crossing out a word makes the paper look messy. I also tend to draw in class, so pencils are just a better tool for me to use.

I am actually very OCD when it comes to writing utensils.

I will use a #2 Ticonderoga pencil for everything other than two reasons...

1) For my signature, which I have a fancy pen for.

and

2) When it is demanded of me that I write in pen EXAMPLE: on my Regents examinations.

I also Get very upset when people touch my pencils without direct permission from me.

Pencils are my friends!

Even though I know... I KNOW I can rub pencil out, whenever I use them, I never do O_o I just cross it out and make the whole point of the pencil redundant. And the fact that they can be used to draw isn't helpful for me. Unless it's enchanted, nothing can save my drawing skills.

That's why it's pen all the way for me!

I like Pens simply because I'm a sucker for such refined texture and line construction. Looking at pencil lining sometimes leaves me with a bored expression. I even hate sketching my drawings. Once I ink my drawings, I just get this sudden exhilaration and I enter a state of euphoria.

Yeah, I'm kind of weird when it comes to drawing lol!

What about the ones where you have to put led into it? I prefer those since I can erase it and that I never have to sharpen it if it breaks.

A good fo untain pen is a must for working/writing. Sharp, crisp, and clear and dark lines.

Pencil for drawing, because one could modify it easily. The only problem though is one must keep sharpening the pencil precisely to a point every couple lines or so; which leads to me eventually digging into the paper.

It all depends on what I want to do.

Pens for writing. It just looks better. I can't stand writing with a pencil.

Pencils for drawing/sketching for obvious reasons.

A wooden stick and a clay tablet, yup, that's how my ancestors did it, screw all the new technology! Pens, pencils, Markers, Feathers is for the new school kids, I'm living the stuff before it was all cool!

• Brohoof 1

As much as I love pens, I'm probably going to go with pencils. For some reason, my handwriting with pen is a lot worse than with pencils. I'm also a math guy, so I kind of have to use pencils more anyway...

All posts preceding mine are now invalid, for I present to you THE PILOT G-2 ULTRA FINE-POINT PEN.

Posted Image

This is a man's pen... and a woman's pen. This is a pen for the rugged and the sophisticated. Every line is smooth and dark; the grip is nothing less than luxurious. Simply holding a G-2 can improve concentration and adds +1 to your Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma modifiers. Strong enough to withstand years of dropping and chewing, yet light enough to hang securely from your shirt pocket and be forgotten until such a time as it is needed. You haven't lived until you've held one of these for yourself.

Pencils are anathema to me and to all lefties everywhere. Graphite has no drying time. Regardless of how long you let it set, be assured it will smear as you attempt to write the next line, covering the side of your hand with a gray sheen.

• Brohoof 2

- Pen for writing & concepts

- Pencil for drawing.

Don´t tell me pencils can´t be sleek and can´t make clean & crisp lines.

I use pencils just for drawing (very smooth one, about 6B), because I don´t know how in USA and other countries, but we´ve been taught to write with pens since primary school.

Pencils i prefer since i tend to make mistakes and like the shading you can do when drawing and sketching with it.

Every other situation i like pens since they look more professional and presentable, and are great to outline with.

Pens~

I'm addicted to using pens and pens in general. In my family I'm known as a kleptomaniac of pens. I actually have three small drawers filled with pens. I espically love gel pens~

Pens pens pens~

Edited by Crystal Sparkle