Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming You are now in an RPG game, what weapon do you choose?

Xievie

Title.

You have full control of your body, and you are not using a controller.

You an use special abilities like in other games.

Choices include magic. Magic users must have some kind of weapon. Spellblades, scythes, staves, etc.

If you have seen the anime "Sword Art Online" imagine using the nerve gear when choosing your weapon.

You'll be slaying dragons, dueling humans, and defending important people with this weapon.

If choices are difficult, go ahead and choose a backup weapon that's a bit realistic to keep as a backup weapon.

Edited by Hampnie Hambart
  • Brohoof 1

well since it would have to be balanced i would be a Dark Knight- strengh combined with black magic mainly using 2 handed weapons like scythes and greatswords and mostly using dark magic like life drain, of course the trade off for all the strengh and dark magic mastery i would lose in defense and take more damage then most

I choose my lightweight reloadable handheld fashionable high-velocity projectile shotgun launcher!

shotgunlauncherwhitebg.png

It can launch lightweight customized (hollowed-out) projectile shotguns of speeds up to 125-175 m/s, but if no customized projectile shotguns are available, it can launch regular shotguns at around 50-100 m/s. As such, it is extremely useful to have in situations where you are fighting a large enemy that needs a huge punch-in-the-gut to take it down. This sucker leaves one hell of a bruise, on anything--the customized projectiles often have sharpened ends for extra damage on armored opponents, even though the force alone can often propel the narrow shotgun through any needed surface.

...what?

If anything like Sword Art Online, I would probably be using either clubs, similar to a Macuahuitl or possibly a Kanabō. If that's not possible I would probably use something similar to a Katar.

In any RPG that has it(Which a vast majority do) I'm always the magic based class generally, i've always been a spell casty mage kinda guy, its part of the reason I love Unicorn race in MLP.

So i'd pick a staff, and be a spell caster of course, because I just love magic.

• Brohoof 1

Assault rifle.

If we're not allowed anachronistic/modern weapons, then I'm going to go with the crossbow. Easier to use and more powerful than a longbow. You can wave your swords and axes around all you want, I'll still take you out from 50 yards. Wear a huge set of armour? I'll pierce it easily. Before there were guns, the crossbow was the most powerful weapon in the world, hands down.

• Brohoof 2

RPG huh? I will have a glaive (Guan Dao), a shield, and a bastard sword. I will prefer to change the glaive with a bow and some arrows if permitted. Then it will be a bow, arrows, a shield, and a bastard sword.

For the bow itself, it will be a Mongolian composite bow. It's much stronger than British longbow and has an amazing shooting range, even though the draw is pretty heavy, because it's made of buffalo horn.

Bastard sword suits my strength perfectly. It's longer and a little heavier than one handed sword, but lighter and a little shorted than two handed sword. I can use it with either a shield or two handed because the hilt is designed like that.

Oh, don't forget a horse. I'm always the kind of outriders in RPGs, especially Mount & Blade series. I miss that game. I will play it now. You guys try it as well! It's a lot of fun! :D

So i'd pick a staff, and be a spell caster of course, because I just love magic.

Zygen the Green! 

I like magic too, but going to war only with a staff doesn't seem wise. I will prefer the bow and sword. Also, Gandalf uses a sword and a horse.

How about enchanting my weapons with magic? D:

P.S Japanese weapons are overrated.

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

I'd probably go with something that makes me not have to get near the enemies because I am a person with a very high sense of self-preservation at times.

A powerful crossbow would do me well with a variety of bolts for every occasion. 

Now we pair that with a cloak of invisibility I think I'll be alright for some time.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on the setting. Is it medieval, modern, ancient, what? If it's modern i'd pick a gun of some sort, but i'm assuming you mean typical fantasy rpg's.

No ranged weapons for me. I get a crossbow can pierce platemail from quite a distance, but I'm no coward. To quote the demoman, You don’t kill a man by mucking about with rifles, arrows, rocks, or other long-distance rubbish. You kill him by grabbing the biggest bloody sword you can find, running up nice and close to him, and chopping the dumb bastard’s head off.

I'd go with a nodaichi, Combining all the strength of a greatsword with all the bad-assery of a katana. I don't even care if a katana couldn't feasibly cut through platemail, a nodaichi could cleave right through it like butter. 

I suppose for a secondary I'd use a rapier. Light, reliable, and quite deadly at close range. Plus it's classy.

If we're allowed magic and weaponry, I'd consider myself a paladin-esque class. with white magic, armor, and a blade.

Edited by Brosparkles

I would use a bat with a nail on the end of it...do they have a name for that?
Wait...no....maybe WAIT....I don't know. .-.
Bashing heads in is what i'd be doing >:3 

Edited by Nature Of Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

You don’t kill a man by mucking about with rifles, arrows, rocks, or other long-distance rubbish. You kill him by grabbing the biggest bloody sword you can find, running up nice and close to him, and chopping the dumb bastard’s head off.

But you win a war with the breathing heads of your people on your side.

I would use a bat with a nail on the end of it...do they have a name for that? Wait...no....maybe WAIT....I don't know. .-. Bashing heads in is what i'd be doing >:3 

Nice choice of weapons, but that shit is kinda heavy. XD 

• Brohoof 2

But you win a war with the breathing heads of your people on your side.

Maybe, but if it weren't for us on the frontlines you cowards (joking) with your fancy arrows and bolts and whatnot would get charged and not stand a chance.

Edited by Brosparkles

Maybe, but if it weren't for us on the frontlines you cowards (joking) with your fancy arrows and bolts and whatnot would get charged and not stand a chance.

Try it. A good example of our fancy battle style is how the Mongolian Khanate conquered the world back then, and they were all cavalry archers. >:3

Personally, I like blades and fist weapons.

I'd choose any type of Longsword.

I also wouldn't mind having a Cestus.

I also like greatsword and claymores.

If I had to use a ranged weapon, I'd choose revolvers.

My final choice for weapons:

Dual Longswords

I imagine myself with a fighting style like Kirito from Sword Art Online.

I'd use light/medium armor and heavily rely on a bit of blocking, parrying, and dodging.

I'd lean towards making fast, critical blows. Mobility also means a lot to me.

I would also see if I an learn to use light thrown weapons (nails, knives) and have some magic that leans to use of utility.

Like Kirito, I normally would go solo. It's pretty normal for a playstyle like this, though.

Try it. A good example of our fancy battle style is how the Mongolian Khanate conquered the world back then, and they were all cavalry archers. >:3

True, although they also used haberds, sabres, and spears, not purely archery. Their composite bows were indeed deadly though.

True, although they also used haberds, sabres, and spears, not purely archery. Their composite bows were indeed deadly though.

Aye. Even their composite bows were stronger than British longbows. Their main tactic is to outrun the enemies though. Oh dude, play Mount & Blade! Seriously! XD

• Brohoof 1

Oh, don't forget a horse. I'm always the kind of outriders in RPGs, especially Mount & Blade series. I miss that game. I will play it now. You guys try it as well! It's a lot of fun!

Oh my gerd! Someone else plays Mount & Blade. I played Warband, that game was a lot of fun.

Ranged Weapon of Choice: Longbow/composite bow. I would rather drop the sucker from a safe distance

2nd Weapon of Choice: Morningstar, not one attached to a chain, one like in Mount & Blade Warband. On horseback of course 

3rd Weapon of Choice: Longsword, last resort if they get close enough. Nice sized weapon without compromising mobility 

Modern

Composite bow: still an excellent weapon with a natural silencer :P, been playing too much Far Cry 3

Lancer Assault Rifle: Because it has a chainsaw mounted on it. 

9812d1225152373-gears-war-2-lancer-bundl

• Brohoof 1

Aye. Even their composite bows were stronger than British longbows. Their main tactic is to outrun the enemies though. Oh dude, play Mount & Blade! Seriously! XD

I do, I have it and all the DLC. I understand the appeal and power of the mongol bow, and feel it was actually kinda underrepresented in mount and blade (Khergits) I personally suck at horse archery though, my strategy is grab a huge sword of war and lob people's heads off. Khergits suck at siege and holding castles though, even though the mongols were actually quite good at conquering castles, even though they hadn't encountered them before in combat. I'm not looking to min/max, I'm just using the weapons I like.

Edited by Brosparkles
  • Brohoof 1

@@Dark Moon, my choice is always a Khergit bow, two quivers of Khergit arrows, and a nomad sabre. I would carry more arrows if possible. Sarranid horse is awesome as well.

Ranger style is lovely, but it gets annoying every time I meet cavalry.

Other than that is the knight style. A lance, two shields, and a bastard sword. I can use it two handed or one handed. I like that.

I do, I have it and all the DLC. I understand the appeal and power of the mongol bow, and feel it was actually kinda underrepresented in mount and blade (Khergits) I personally suck at horse archery though, my strategy is grab a huge sword of war and lob people's heads off.

Yes. That annoys me so much. I think the Mongol is very underrated. I can hardly find a mod with Mongol in it. I mean, they're (probably) the best horsemen in the world, and we don't even have an M&B mod about them.

It took me three months before I could properly shot down people on horseback. XD

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

It took me three months before I could properly shot down people on horseback. XD

I'll probably start practicing it some more at some point, I'm working on my couched damage at the moment, having problems aiming it. (Didn't mean to make this a M&B conversation)

Edited by Brosparkles

I'll probably start practicing it some more at some point, I'm working on my couched damage at the moment, having problems aiming it.

Joust the horse first, dude. XD

Delivering couched damage directly to the rider is kinda hard, but I can do that pretty often. What makes it annoying is that it gets cancelled if an arrow lands on my shield.

Uhm, let's go back on topic. :3