Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming You are now in an RPG game, what weapon do you choose?

Xievie

@@Sky Warden, I usually carried about 5 to 6? or so weapons/shields on my person at a time for either open battle, cavalry pones everything, or sieges. For a shield I usually either had a Nord huscarl shield (siege) or a reinforced steel shield (open battle). I usually carried a siege crossbow or a war bow. I always had a great lance on me. Using the morningstar was more of something I did for fun XD aka pretending to be Sauron, pretty slow weapon, I actually used the Masterwork Scimitar quite a lot on horseback, very quick weapon with excellent killing power, During sieges I usually wielded a Sword of War or a two handed sword. I only had the shields on me to be arrow sponges. My horse of choice was usually heavy Courser. I'm a fan of speed. 

• Brohoof 1

pretending to be Sauron

And I often go on feet with a long bow pretending to be Legolas. LOL! XD 

It's very thrilling. I mean, charge closer to the enemies shooting arrows. Many missed shots, but the feeling is worth it. Also, do you kick your enemies? I do that very often. I especially enjoy it when I meet a drunken man in a tavern, corner him, and kick him to death. XD

Sad thing there's no dual swords in M&B. It will be cool, even if it looks useless.

• Brohoof 1

I'd most likely just use a greatsword or a scythe. I'm not a big fan of magic classes... Though I'd also choose a bow, though a bit weak in my opinion, it's still a second choice for me.

And I often go on feet with a long bow pretending to be Legolas. LOL! XD    It's very thrilling. I mean, charge closer to the enemies shooting arrows. Many missed shots, but the feeling is worth it. Also, do you kick your enemies? I do that very often. I especially enjoy it when I meet a drunken man in a tavern, corner him, and kick him to death. XD   Sad thing there's no dual swords in M&B. It will be cool, even if it looks useless.

Yes....I have kicked enemies before, especially when they are in khergit strongholds where they spawn on the battlements. Fun kicking them off the walls. If only duel wielding were possible...... 

• Brohoof 1

Assuming an Elder Scrolls-esque medieval RPG, I'd primarily use a two-handed battle axe for close range combat, with a crossbow for occasions where open conflict would best be avoided. I'd be slow, sure, but that would be made up for by sheer damage output and armor penetration. I wouldn't really use much magical whatnot, with the exception of basic healing to be used sparingly solely when needed. I probably wouldn't be the most skilled at it. I'd also use my fists if necessary. I'm sure the occasion would pop up when weapons would be inconvenient or inadvisable. So I wouldn't be afraid to get my hands dirty.

I would say that depends on which character / role i am playing. Of course i like high damage weapons, but i am a roleplay who stays true to his character role. As a magician i would stick to combat-sticks, wands and staffs, rarely a sword. As a barbarian i would choose an axe, and as a thief i would use daggers and a sword.

Also i am more choosing if the cloths and armors are good looking and realistic for my character. As a mage i would never choose to wear a thick iron body armor, even if i could use it. Also playing like that is much more challanging, and i like that very much.

I would pick either a spear or a naginata. You still get the advantages of a melee weapon (cooler skills, good damage) and you out reach your typical sword wielder. Plus, I'm a big fan of polearms.

However, when it comes to RPGs, I usually end up playing some supportive role even if I started out as just a damage dealer. Chances are I'd become a white mage eventually. That's when it's time to pick up the trusty staff.

Edited by MuteMutt

"And so, MLP Forums members reveal their true murderous natures and obsessions in a thread about RPGs and weapons... It's only a matter of time before soccer moms find this thread and use it to justify all of you as insane killers."

jk

But okay, I would just choose something along the lines of "biggest and baddest thing ever" and just force my way through because I am a TERRIBLE strategist...

I guess alternatively I could go with a Pokémon. They count, no?

Edited by Oraigu
  • Brohoof 1

I would either pick a Keyblade out of curiosity of what my personal Keyblade would look like and the ability to lock and unlock any keyhole (no malicious intent).

But also I would love to be the wielder of the Argetlam from Wild Arms 2. It stands for the power to protect peace and unification of the world and also contains the power to smite the greatest of evils.

Argetlam is the sword in this picture. The girl is the original wielder, Anastasia:

60-page_54.png

In terms of fantasy RPGs, I`d go with a polearm kind of weapon, something like a Halberd or a Voulge. That way I have enough reach so I`m not directly standing in range of my enemies attack, but I could also plant the pole into the ground to deliver spinning kicks to my foes.

If we`re talking modern weaponry, then I`d kinda want a pair of Sazh`s pistols from Final Fantasy XIII, the kind that can be combined into an assault rifle (maybe even a sniper rifle possibly) if need be. Or maybe even like the Gunner class from Tactics, being able to launch magically charged ammunition would be pretty neat after all. 

Edited by PoisonClaw

I would choose a long sword, and probably any gun from Gears of War since their weapons look pretty deadly if you played the games.

GowGun.jpg

This fancy pistol would be my weapon.

I would choose a long sword, and probably any gun from Gears of War since their weapons look pretty deadly if you played the games.

img-1724643-1-GowGun.jpg

that looks like a cannon boat 

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog yes it does it does indeed waffles are tasty yum ff
  • Brohoof 1

I would choose the most obvious and practical weapon, which is obviously an instrument of some kind. Probably a guitar or viol. I can't even begin to imagine all the baddies I would defeat and princesses I would save while wielding a violoncello!

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)
  • Brohoof 1

Gun Choice? Well, a sort of Rifle would be my choice. It's got a good bit of range, damage, and a decent ammunition capacity.

Sidearm being a .44 revolver, those pack a punch.

Ranged (non-firearm?)- Crossbow. (If it were a {realistic} zombie game, this'd be first choice.)

Blade? Probably a sort of shortsword/kukri. 

Shortsword- self explanatory.

Kukri- a large, long curved knife. 

Magic? I would likely use Lightning Bolts or Fireballs.

But If I had to choose anything? It'd depend on the game.

My choice would likely be a Rifle with a Revolver and a Shortsword, because it gives me a good range with some melee power.

If It were a Zombie themed RPG, Crossbow with a Revolver and a Kukri, because I could stealth kill with a crossbow, with a revolver for just in case emergency. (Shotgun would be second choice here, Nice for nearby swarms.)

And lastly, the usual medieval. Crossbow, Shortsword, and Magic.

if it were a gun RPG, I'd take a shotgun with a sniper rifle scope...just because I can.

If it is a Skyrim type RPG then I would definitely go for a one handed sword or a crossbow if I have to get it the ranged fights.

I noticed some of you gentlemen mentioned Mount and Blade: Warband.

In that case, I pick the bagpipe. 

Or even better, a lance, horse and czapka rogatywka, so I can gallop around couching people while yelling "god sh*ts on the kaiser".

Edited by Mr. Kochi Bracegirdle
  • Brohoof 1

img-1724643-1-GowGun.jpg

The design of that thing looks almost identical to the Brute Spiker from the Halo series. Or maybe it's just the dual bayonets.

spiker_thumb.jpg

Anyway, personally I'd go with this baby; A storm Bolter from the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

hqdefault.jpg

"The Boltgun, also commonly referred to the Bolter, is the standard weapon of the Adeptus Astartes and Adepta Sororitas. A .75 caliber weapon, the Boltgun fires a self-propelled explosive 'bolt' which explodes with devastating effect once it has penetrated its target, effectively blowing it apart from the inside. Finely hand-crafted by Space Marine Forges or the Adeptus Mechanicus, Boltguns are heavy, sturdy weapons with a powerful recoil normal humans would find difficult to handle."

The Storm Bolter is basically two of those things strapped together. Who wouldn't want that?

Edited by Spess
  • Brohoof 1

I'd go in with Bow and Arrow or a ranged attack.

I prefer not to engage in battle up close and personal, so a bow is perfect for picking off the the enemy before you have to deal with them :D

If i HAVE to get my hands dirty with blood, I want to use a large humorous joke object to smash people's skulls in with. *giggle* Maybe a frying pan. Always go with the most hilarious weapon you can find for maximum lulz and enjoyment of the game.

Edited by crazitaco

Give me an enchanted demon scythe from the gates of the underworld and a steel pistol that can channel gunner magic and ain't nobody leaving this place alive.  That is all I would need.  Below are some references to demon scythes and magic channeling pistols.

post-11645-0-64951300-1375850420_thumb.jpgpost-11645-0-99770900-1375851363_thumb.jpg

That is all I got on that.  Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I hope to read a lot of really good replies in the future.  Until then I am Squeak Squeak Revolution and I will Catch you all later.

I would use magic with a staff. I would prefer that the staff be made of hickory. Why hickory? Because I know that it won't break if I put it under a lot of stress. Also, the wood doesn't really chip, so no splinters ^_^

I would be a magic user but I would still be using a spear regardless of the rule you made about it. the idea I have behind this setup would work best in a real time setting rather than a turn based one /=|