Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Bands/Singers You Like That Get A Lot Of Hate?

Moonlight

15 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Fall Out Boy, Skillet, My Chemical Romance, just about every kind of edgy, "emo" shit and butt rock you can think of that people would laugh at. :nom: 

bruh where is the hate for Linkin Park or Three Days Grace, I've never seen it 

Idk if this counts but Billie Eilish. While she may seems well liked and popular- in reality there’s a lot of idiots and haters who keep attacking her for every little things she does. Billie had mentioned already and yeah I feel bad for her. She’s a young artist and there’s  nothing wrong with her lifestyles or how she views it. Yet people keep insisting she needs to change based on a stereotypical young girl artist.  And even if she wanted to try something new- she get backlash for it. What’s worse is when people body shame her. Like dude- she’s a young girl- why the fuck are you looking??? Sure there some few songs that I don’t like and are questionable but I love her and most of her songs and she’s one of the most laidback artists including her brother as well. They both don’t want to be famous and they just want to make musics.  However, I used to hate her latest album “Happier than Ever” because due to some of her songs falling out authenticity. But it slowly grows to me and having to hear her saying “it’s not forced but she’s trying her best even though it might not be the same experience as these good artists before her” hits me. I do feel bad hating her latest album as I almost falls into one of the haters.  But overall, most of her songs really helps me get through tough times and I couldn’t be more happier after listening to her songs.

40 minutes ago, TBD said:

Idk if this counts but Billie Eilish. While she may seems well liked and popular- in reality there’s a lot of idiots and haters who keep attacking her for every little things she does. Billie had mentioned already and yeah I feel bad for her. She’s a young artist and there’s  nothing wrong with her lifestyles or how she views it. Yet people keep insisting she needs to change based on a stereotypical young girl artist.  And even if she wanted to try something new- she get backlash for it. What’s worse is when people body shame her. Like dude- she’s a young girl- why the fuck are you looking??? Sure there some few songs that I don’t like and are questionable but I love her and most of her songs and she’s one of the most laidback artists including her brother as well. They both don’t want to be famous and they just want to make musics.  However, I used to hate her latest album “Happier than Ever” because due to some of her songs falling out authenticity. But it slowly grows to me and having to hear her saying “it’s not forced but she’s trying her best even though it might not be the same experience as these good artists before her” hits me. I do feel bad hating her latest album as I almost falls into one of the haters.  But overall, most of her songs really helps me get through tough times and I couldn’t be more happier after listening to her songs.

I can't stand most modern pop music, but Billie Eilish is one of the few I like listening to (along with Miley Cyrus and Rina Sawayama). I didn't realise until recently how much hate and toxic comments she gets and I don't understand why.

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

I can't stand most modern pop music, but Billie Eilish is one of the few I like listening to (along with Miley Cyrus and Rina Sawayama). I didn't realise until recently how much hate and toxic comments she gets and I don't understand why.

I guess since she's no Ariana grande or Tylor Swift, she basically getting the same backlash treatment as Miley Cyrus did in the past. Technically if you're try being yourself or breaking out of a shell, people hates you for it.  Pop media expect girls to be perfect, pretty or  "pure". It really doesn't make sense since these other pop artists aren't even "pure" themselves. Billie got backlash for her magazine cover, because "oh she's too young to show too much skin". And here we have Ariana  showing more skins throughout her career at a young age and no one gave her a hoot about it. Ironically, Billie didn't show that much skin either. People are just jealous is what I think because that's what most haters would do.