Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discovery of Apple Fritter

Love*Potion

Okay so I was just derping around and enjoying MLP FiM as most of us do. Yep, pretty cool, right? Everything is going just as well as expected aaaaannnnnnnndddddddd......

BOOM!

New character, right in front of my eyes! Well, new to me. I had always noticed this pony in the background, but had never payed any attention to her. Now I am curious to see what others think of this pony. 

I personally think that her design is adorable. Her coloring is interesting too, she makes the green hair work in a cute way. I also love the German design in her 'herritage' I suppose, since Apple Fritters are popular in Germany. 

So, what do you guys think of this character? Should she get more talk than she has now? Or perhaps you think she is fine just as a background pony? Let the discussion begin :3

post-13636-0-08782600-1375877935_thumb.png

• Brohoof 8

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

I'm glad someone else appreciates Apple Fritter! I might be a bit biased since she's my favorite background pony, but I really think that she should more popular than half of the current fan favorites. That being said, I think she should remain a background pony, although I would like to hear her say one or two lines at some point. 

Edited by AyoMistadurrk

That being said, I think she should remain a background pony, although I would like to hear her say one or two lines at some point.

Thank you kind sir!

I agree that she should remain a background pony, (I don't think she fits into the story enough to really play a role, unless it's an Apple Family Reunion or something) but I do want to at least see her more in the background. She really is a cute design and a sweet pony, so I think she deserves a bit more attention than she has now.

(I mean, there's a thing going around about the pony 'Bottlecap' for Celestia's sake)

• Brohoof 2

i agree to this. she should be way more aknowledged than she is now. but i wouldn't want to see her get a role in anything.

she is a background character after all

• Brohoof 2

Apple Fritter is and always will be my favorite Apple. Behind AJ of course. I think Apple Fritter should definitely get more lines since she is one of the only Apples who comes to Sweet Apple Acres to help out with things. She helped AJ and Big Mac raise the barn in one episode.

• Brohoof 1

I'm glad my post is getting so many a couple replies! 

And yes, to agree with most of you, she is a super cute design but I believe she should remain a background pony. I definitely think she could appear more, maybe like a 'where's waldo' type thing.  :P

(But I think they do that with most of the background ponies anyway... hehehe)

• Brohoof 1

YES! I LOVE APPLE FRITTER AND I DON'T KNOW WHY. Most ponies can't pull off green hair but she does.

She would probably work best if she remained a background pony but I'm interested in general about how each Apple is related to the other. Often when Fritter appears a brown stallion with a pale yellow mane called Meadow Song is also present. I wonder how they're related. I wondered if Fritter was Babs Seed's sister but I ruled that out since we've seen Fritter and Meadow in Ponyville, Appleloosa, and with Applejack at the Canterlot wedding. I theorize she and Meadow kind of freelance all over Equestria doing Apple Family things.

Fritter and Meadow

Applejack_playing_the_fiddle_S2E26.png

So yeah, I love Apple Fritter.

• Brohoof 3

I do like Apple Fritter, she is a pretty cute Southern background pony. I can tell that she will be with Applejack's other siblings selling some apple products and such.

• Brohoof 1

I LOVE Apple Fritter, mainly for her design. She's so pretty! There is actually a blind bag toy of her, too! (Makes me wish they sold 'em here in higher, and cheaper amounts...Oh well. We don't get them a lot where I live, at all.) 

I think they should have her appear, and I dunno..Maybe interact more with Applejack? I really like her, and since she's shown so much as a background pony, I think they should do even more with her. I'd like to see what personality she has. Hopefully not a Southern Belle-type, I don't think it'd suit her. I'd like to think she's similar to Applejack y'know, on the tomboy-ish side, and having no fear of getting dirty. Though having a calm personality, she'd get VERY mad if you touched her bows. ....*Head canon scripts start writing*

Edited by Tual
  • Brohoof 1

I thought I was the only one that loved Apple Fritter, her design is just so adorable.  Every time there is a scene involving the Apple family, I'm always looking in the background trying to find out where Apple Fritter is.  Also, this is my current emblem on Black Ops 2, and I believe it's the only one of her in the game.

post-8252-0-18622600-1375735563_thumb.jpg
  • Brohoof 3

Oh cute!!! Sadly I hadn't noticed her before, but I have a supreme interest in the Apple family as Big Mac is my favorite character. I think it would be awesome if they got more of them involved since they've been shown as background characters so often. I think Apple Fritter would make for some interesting storylines, course I want a Big Mac centric episode. *Sigh* :)

Now that I get a good look at here, She does have a pretty cool design and her mane especially with those pigtails is really super cute. It's that perfect shade of green to. Probably my favorite Apple Family designs.

I actually didn't notice her half the time she was in the scene like here for an example.

Applejack_preparing_the_apple_fritters_S

Edited by Lady Rainicorn
  • Brohoof 1

@@Fluttermena,

Wow what a great picture! Thanks for sharing :lol: 

And yeah, it's unbelievable how many episodes Apple Fritter is in that I never even noticed before! Perhaps when I rewatch a few episodes I'll be on the lookout...

Anyway I wanted to just put this out there: What do you guys think of her cutie mark? I mean, I know they represent "Apple Fritters" but I just think they could have done a bit better job. They kinda just look like beige boxes.

Comments?

@@Fluttermena,

Wow what a great picture! Thanks for sharing :lol:

I just went to Derpibooru, looked up "Apple Fritter" in the search bar and picked the most awesome one I could find.

Anyway, I gave my OC a lemon-colored coat and lime-colored mane before I stumbled on pictures of her. I feel like the jealous girl at a ball finding out that another girl is wearing the same dress...

• Brohoof 1

I will undoubtedly do a re-run of the whole series again in due time (even tho I've already been through almost all of it 3 times xD). When I do, I'll look out for her. Her design is pretty awesome after all. Perhaps she will be my new best background pony :hurr

• Brohoof 1

Green hair looks absolutely disgusting! How could somepony like a pony with green hair!

I can't believe I never noticed her when I watched the show. Oh well, time to watch Season 1 to 3 again!

• Brohoof 1

Yup she is a cutie and  pony that fannon should have more of a backstory for. Since Vinyl and Octavia were originally only on for about 4 seconds each and have such fannon i think she deserves much of the same adoration. I guess it's up for some good artist to make a good ask tumblr for her to get the ball rolling.