Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Guys keep checking me out?

♞RedLotus♞

Okay, so I am a guy myself, and I happen to be straight. I don't have anything against people and their lifestyles, but recently some weird things have been happening to me. It seems like I have caught a lot of guys attention, maybe they were on the opposite side of the spectrum, or they were just straight but happen to admire... my looks?

So anyways, I went to this  fancy restaurant the other day, and  I was being served by this gentleman. I had ordered an appetizer, but the guy serving us didn't give us the dish. This other waiter came and gave it to us, he was a rather feminine guy (If you catch my drift) and he completely ignored my parents, and locked his eyes on me. He smiled in a very kind and flirty-ish kind of way, and asked if we wanted some more drinks or something like that. I kindly said no, and he said "Alright" but it looked like he liked me.

Today, I also went to this fast food place, and just as I enter, there was a teenage guy, just a bit older than me, maybe 17 or 16. He looked like a skater, kind of guy. I noticed that he also stared at me and it looked like he really liked me! He smiled, but turned quickly to make it look like nothing happened, and tried to play it off cool. I turned a few times to see if he was peeking at me, but he was focused on his family. As we left, they were entering the car and I guess his little sister made a loud noise, so I turn to look at them and I see him staring at me.

I am not those kind of guys that are all like "woah man, wtf dood, bro I dont live that life" so its not like i'm freaked out or anything. I take anything as a complement, so its alright but I was just wondering if you guys could relate to this..

So what are your opinions? Has this ever happened to you?

• Brohoof 9

YAOI TIME

No but seriously, I know exactly how it feels. I always notice that too, but even though I'm heterosexual, I consider it a compliment and a confidence-booster. Homophobia is for squares.

• Brohoof 4

YAOI TIME

No but seriously, I know exactly how it feels. I always notice that too, but even though I'm heterosexual, I consider it a compliment and a confidence-booster. Homophobia is for squares.

Yeah I really don't care, I take it as a good thing too. Considering the fact that those kind of guys are very picky about who they date, and who they think is attractive. :P

• Brohoof 1

Never happened to me, but I sort of kind of wish it would. It would make me feel quite good about my looks because I know I'm lacking in that department quite heavily. I look disgusting, honestly. All I have to say is, Lucky you.

Edited by SmartyPants

“So what are your opinions? “

I think it’s fine. If nopony’s hurting me then I wouldn’t care what they do.

“Has this ever happened to you?”

Nooope. I am not considered attractive by anypony.

• Brohoof 1

I was at a food court mall a few weeks back, and the guy taking our order at Lee-Ann Chin's was checking me out, I swear. He only looked to be 20 at the oldest. Basically, he seemed normal when he took my dads order, right? But when I ordered he seemed really smiley all of a sudden. Also, right before we left he did something that makes me 100% sure he was checking me out. As my dad and I grabbed out trays and were just about to walk away, he's like "Thank you come again" like an average employee would. Except that my dad was walking away, and right before I turned around I smiled back at him just to be polite, he smiled back, and slightly put one shoulder forward, and both of his hands were together at his waist, and he almost did a little turn. I don't know. It's hard to describe, but it looked like something a girl would to do to flirt. I looked back at him while we were eating to see if he was being all smiley with other people. Everyone else's order he took he looked so bored. I also caught him looking at me once or twice.

If he was doing what I thought he was, this is actually a HUGE confidence booster, as I've never had something like this happen before. Girl, guy, I don't care. It feels good to be noticed. I'm sure it doesn't feel good when people are checking you out 24/7. However when it happens for the first time it's kind of nice.

Oh, I forgot. It's actually happened twice to me. The Ben and Jerry's girl was flirting with me, I swear. It's very rare I get flirted with, so hopefully I know it when it happens. At least with the Ben and Jerry's girl both my parents thought she was too, so I'm not crazy. Also, they mentioned it to me, I wasn't all like "That chick was so checking me out! Right?"...hehe. Again, this was a confidence booster.

^_^

Edited by ReverseFaller
  • Brohoof 2

Yes this has happened to me before, not very often but it has happened. Back in high school there were some rumors that I was gay which were false by the way, so one day this guy actually hit on me and the details are pretty sketchy since I blocked most of it out of my mind but needless to say it was very very awkward. So I said as politely as I could that I was flattered but the rumors were not true and I fact I liked the ladies.

There was one time where I made friends with this new guy, and I swore he tried to hit on me.

Luckily in the end, I was right about my suspicions, and managed to clear the air and recommended him to be friends.

I'm asexual, so I usually just get to the point if I'm not interested. 

I'd take it as a confidence booster and as a novelty and nothing more. If someone thinks you're good looking, that'd make me feel pretty good personally. Plus, you get to think to yourself how other people find you attractive. Seems like a pretty positive scenario to me.

• Brohoof 2

Well as a homosexual, I for one don't mind you are freaking out about this, a lot of guys do and its ok. If anything you should be very happy! because ugg we "gay man" don't just pick anyone we are VERY picky about are "lovers". Most people think we just have sex with any guy no, that's not true on any level... some of us yes but a lot of us no... and a lot of us well not try and turn you gay or anything, I'm sure they are just enjoying your looks! Btw try and make friends with some homosexual males. why you ask? Well because we talk a lot with the lady's and what do they talk to us about? hmm? which guys they like... hint hint

• Brohoof 4

I'd take it as a confidence booster and as a novelty and nothing more. If someone thinks you're good looking, that'd make me feel pretty good personally. Plus, you get to think to yourself how other people find you attractive. Seems like a pretty positive scenario to me.

Yes and that is how I take that, but that one time that other guy hit on me was still awkward, though even a girl I wasn't interesting in hitting on me would also have been awkward though not quite as much.

Well, now you guys know how us women feel when you check us out and be all flirty. So there.

Don't listen to me, I'm grouchy today. :P Seriously though, it does kind of put you in our shoes to receive slightly awkward/unwanted romantic attention from someone. It feels kind of good, because someone else found you attractive, but it's also a bit like, "Um, no. Thanks, but no thanks."

I haven't been hit on by any homosexual girls. Hmm. Maybe I need to get out more. xD

• Brohoof 3

I think you might be assuming a little much, but if they did in fact have the hots for you just look at it this way, you are clearly attractive enough to have someone checking you out and you should be flattered. If they try to make a move on you then just kindly let them know you aren't interested if it bothers you so much.

You see what a lot of people don't understand is that when a gay person hits on somebody of the same gender it's just like when a straight person hits on somebody of the opposite gender. Nobody bats an eye when a man goes and flirts with a woman at a bar, even if she is clearly not interested, so why do people make a big deal about it when a girl goes and flirts with the woman at the bar?

Mountains out of molehills my friends.

As for if it has ever happened to me, well, let's just say I have been hit on by pretty much everyone in the book, and honestly my biggest problem is trying to think of new and creative ways of explaining what asexual means.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)
  • Brohoof 4

I have friend with that problem(of the opposite reason, he's a 6ft 5in, 230lb football player, so he catches the attention of EVERYTHING that likes men.) I just consider it funny. 

Dustin: That guy over there is gay.

Me: I don't see how that's a problem, or any of our con-

Dustin: He's trying to flirt with me

Me: Oh, OH. I guess it is kinda is your problem in that case.

I just get attention from girls now that I grew my hair out, I think it's the whole thing of girls liking guys that break the rules. At least I won't have problems when i decide I want a girlfriend.  

Edited by Shoboni

No offense but this sounds like a bit of a high class problem to me.

I kinda wish people would check me out. No one ever does.

Feel honored, even if you have no intention of returning their feelings. It's a hella confidence booster.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 3

For me, if I don't consider someone attractive I find that sort of thing creepy. And I'm straight, so that kind of attention from a guy I'd definitely not enjoy.

Well I look pretty similar to Obi-wan from Star Wars Episode 3, so no...   

My friend however gets hit on by guys more than girls, and he usually just takes it as hey, it must mean I look that good today. However it does get awkward because it seems like he gets the wild homosexuals, as in when we walked by two guys one guy says "I'd hit that." and the other gives a "MmHmm" agreement while staring at him. (No way were they talking about me; that was back when I looked more like Jabba the Hutt than Obi-wan :lol: )  By far his awkwardest moment was when he got straight up invited to a threeway by two other guys...

• Brohoof 1

Frankly i can't relate, nobody ever checks me out, girl or guy, so i'd almost consider it a compliment, even if your not going to get into a relationship, atleast it means you where considered by someone.

I'm totally fine with homosexuals to, of course i'm straight, not that i've dated anyone anyways, but i am straight since i've had feelings before, just no feelings returned.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah I have my own little story on this subject as well. I'm straight, but I'm not homophobic at all. I don't have a lot of friends and one day out of the blue got a friend request on facebook from a guy that I knew was gay. I accepted it, no real reason why I wouldn't and didn't think much of it until a few days later when they made a post saying something along the lines of, "Am I the only one here that sends friend requests to people that I think are cute." Not that exactly, but you get the idea. This sent me into think mode because I wasn't friends with him IRL and request came out of no where. Maybe I'm paranoid, but whatever. If that was the reason, then I'm taking it as a compliment.

I also had another friend that had this (thread) happen to them, but I wouldn't be doing  their story justice if I tried to tell it from memory. 

Maybe it's because I have slightly effeminate mannerisms, but I am frequently mistaken for gay, so I can definitely relate. Come to think of it, I've only ever been hit on by men. Strange, creepy men who are all older than me by at least two decades. Most of the time I'm not sure if I should feel flattered or terrified.

It's happened to me quite a lot actually, and well, I found it uncomfortable at first, and well still do, but you start to just get used to it and ignore it.

I have around 6 Guys Phone Numbers lying around the place...

just learn to ignore it and not let it bother you.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty oblivious when it comes to this stuff, so it may or may not have happened to me.  Sometimes when I'm walking around, guys smile at me, but I just think they're friendly.  It could be something or nothing, I really can't tell.  I remember one time I went to the mall my roommate pointed out that some older man was staring at me for a while and apparently looked hella creepy.  Again, I don't know what to make of that. 

I don't mind if some guys think I'm attractive though.  I'll take it as a complement. 

Hello!

To be honest, I've noticed some guys looking at me aswell... Sure, it's a confidence booster, makes you feel good about your looks, but it also feels just not right...

I'd much rather like for girls to check me out. ^_^

This dude is 14, he has a right to feel creeped out about that a little bit.  Hopefully you're seeing things that aren't actually there is all I can say.

One time, I was on the bus with some friends and after we got off at the bus stop, they told me some guy looked like he was checking me out. I'm straight and have nothing against people who aren't but I still couldn't help but feel bothered by it. It's not the fact that a guy checked me out but that I've never been told about a girl doing the same. It bothers me that I never knew or even felt if a girl liked me in high school, even if it was on a surface level. So yeah, it's happened to me before. :/