Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How was your first day of school?

Sugar Pea

I started school today, and it makes me curious to find how many bronies on this forum are starting school already. 
Mine went better than I thought...I have a friend or more in every class. :)
I started catching up with everyone in their summer...and i'm really looking forward to hosting my first ever club this year. :D
How about you?
Were you nervous? Did you catch up with friends? Meet awesome teachers?

Edited by Nature Of Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 3

Well. I do online schooling and I started back in June, so it was okay? I didn't get all of the classes I wanted, but meh. I got to play video games while working on schoolwork, so I'm quite happy.  :lol:

• Brohoof 4

I don't start until the 26th of this month, but I can already tell you how it will go. It will go horribly just like it does every year. I'll be absolutely alone with no friends and will be disliked by every person there as usual. I already know this and am waiting for the inevitable. I'm considering dropping out.

• Brohoof 2

School doesn't start for me until September 4th, but I have THREE AP assignments that I have to get done over the summer.  >_>

...Which reminds me, I haven't even started any of them yet!  :o

I'm guessing my first day of school will be pretty normal. I already know most of the people who will be in my classes pretty well, and I have a small cluster of friends to hang out with during lunch.

Let's see:

*My mom dropped me off, and I spent nearly the entire next hour crying because she left.

*I got shown to my seat, and had to sit next to a kid who wet his chair.

*I spilled my milk.

*I broke the blue crayon, which made all the other kids mad at me because we were drawing skies.

*I got the giggles with a girl during naptime and was sent to timeout (with her - yay!)

*I ate paste, but then got it snatched away from me.

*When I got picked up, the teacher told my mom I had head lice, and I got some awesome-smelling shampoo out of the deal.

So, to answer the original question: pretty kick-ass.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

My first day of 11th grade was on Wednesday, August 14th, and it went well. It went far better than my first day of 10th grade, in fact. On my first day of 10th grade, I almost got ran over by a car by an upperclassman racing his friend in the streets after school. I was walking in the road, but he either didn't see me, or didn't care, and came flying toward me. I just stood there for a split second, but thankfully I got out of the way soon enough to not be injured at all. 

That being said, my first day of 11th grade went much better. All of my classes are interesting to me, especially my AP Calculus AB and AP Statistics classes. I also have more friends in my classes than I did last year. In AP Statistics, I even sit at a table with 3 friends of mine, which is awesome. 

I have also chosen a far more balanced schedule for this school year than I did in 10th grade. In 10th grade, I took far too many challenging classes at the same time, which did not go well. In 11th grade, I am challenging myself in the areas that are among what I want to major in at college, and taking mostly easier classes in other areas, in addition to a yearlong study hall, to balance it out. This way, I can learn much more effectively this year without being overburdened and stressed out.

Overall, I see this school year being far better than 10th grade. Not only due to the wiser choices that I have made this year, but also due to the more positive mindset that I have now.

• Brohoof 3

First day of school is in 2 days :(

It will be a terrible day. 

1 we will sing in front of the class.  (music class)

2 lots of boring talk

3 gymnastics (I do not like sports too much)

4 math (top grades but it is boooooring)

5 math (very boring)

6 homework from the first day and on

My first day of school starts Monday, so it will be a good and somewhat bad for me:

Good: My first class is Animation! :):yay:

I'm be taking art2.

Most of my classes are computer classes.

Bad: I'm be taking Algebra. (I hate it :angry: )

I have a autism disorder, that means I have trouble making friends. :(

Can't remember, way too far back. :P Tho now I'm an adult, I really wish I could have six weeks off for summer like I did back when I was in school!

• Brohoof 1

I don't start school until the 30th of August (Because school cares more about starting in August than on an actual Monday).  I still have some homework to do before I get back (I'm more than halfway done so it's all good).  Speaking of which, I'll be picking up my new agenda, ID card, bus card and all that stuff (and hopefully my schedule) on the 19th of August.  

My classes don't start until the 22nd of this month and another one of them next month.  I wasn't able to enroll in some of the classes that I wanted to get into but c'est la vie...  I'm a bit nervous about my classes, it's a step closer to getting my degree though  :D

I have my first day on the 26th but I've always hated the first day of school. I know how to do all of these things but apparently I need a "refresher" course on all of it! I know basic classroom rules teachers! >_>

Edited by NocturnalRainbow

My literal first day of school: Hid under a table when everyone sang the national anthem, a bit frightened and confused as to what the hay was going on.

My first day of school this year: sadly hasn't started yet. I need to wait for September 4th before college is back in. I am very excited for it though, I finally have some idea of what I want to do once I finish my education. Plus I have a bit of a passion for the area I'm going into.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I don't start until the 26th of this month, but I can already tell you how it will go. It will go horribly just like it does every year. I'll be absolutely alone with no friends and will be disliked by every person there as usual. I already know this and am waiting for the inevitable. I'm considering dropping out.

I start on the 26th as well, and I've been through what you're going through, not having friends. That was only freshmen year though and I'm really shy but along the way I met people who are like me (bronies) to hang with :)

Don't let this interfere with you education! It messed me up with my grades. I don't want the same to happen to you :(

Good luck ;)

• Brohoof 2

hells yeah i dont start school again until the 5th of september 

but im never nervous but this is my last year of school so im nervous because i dont want to fail  :mellow:

Edited by Vermillion

I started school August twelfth, and it was much worse than I expected. Being a freshman in a private school with 500 kids K-12 is rough, I can't even imagine how bad it would be for someone in a public school in my area

Well, I haven't started school yet, but I can already predict how the first day is going to go: It's going to start off terrible, something good is going to happen, it's going to go back to terrible, and at some point it's going to be super awkward...

That's how it's gone every year for the last three years....

Erm... School started 18 days ago. lol

If you're confused, here's a school schedule here in Brazil:

January = Summer Vacation

February to June = First 4 months of the school year

July = Winter Vacation

August to November = Second 4 months of the school year

December = Summer Vacation

So pretty much my class is the same as it was this whole year and we just kept going with the studies. No new teachers or classmates.

• 2 months later...

Well I have not been to school in years.. but I can remember some of the first day I went to school for the 9th grade.. it sucked.. lol no one talked to me.. all the class's I had where really far from each other.. and everyone was scared to death of me..

First day of school, this semester.. Well, it could have gone better but it's not that bad. I'm with almost all of my siblings and one friend, so it's not that bad. But not that great either, this semester has been one of the most depressing ones.

Uneventful.

They just go on about expectations and give you a huge manilla folder filled with papers that parents have to sign and flyers talking about the PTA and other irrelevant things. 

Also, class placement. Sometimes I think I'm something of a sorceress because I somehow end up in classes that I don't belong in at times.