Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who uses DerpyMail?

Fluttering High

I recently registered to an account to derpymail.org, a mail service/domain/server for bronies. This thread is both asking who uses DerpyMail right now, and telling people that they should use DerpyMail. It is a good mail service, and has a selection of different programs to look at your mail, including Horde, Roundcube, and SquirrelMail. So, who uses DerpyMail?

post-17483-0-99746200-1375987771_thumb.png

I use DerpyMail!

Or rather, I have a derpymail account. I don't use the actual derpymail very much. But I have one just in case I might need it.

I prefer roundcube as the mail program, for the most part. :P

It is a good mail service, and has a selection of different programs to look at your mail, including Horde, Roundcube, and SquirrelMail.

so, i just now made an account. do you know the differences between Horde, Roundcube, and SquirrelMail? because idk what to do.

so, i just now made an account. do you know the differences between Horde, Roundcube, and SquirrelMail? because idk what to do.

They are all just different programs used for viewing your inbox. They all have different formats, but I personally like RoundCube the best.

which is most like the gmail format? because that's the one i'm most used to. I'm not sure how often i'll be using this service, but i want to be comfortable with it.

which is most like the gmail format? because that's the one i'm most used to. I'm not sure how often i'll be using this service, but i want to be comfortable with it.

Probably RoundCube, but I can't be sure. The others look pretty simple and not at all streamlined or modern looking. It also has a tutorial for getting a Gmail or Apple mail account to forward to it, so that you can use both.

Thank you! yeah, roundcube looks best for me. not sure what i'll use it for right now, but i plan on using it eventually on something. :D

Edited by techno915

I thought you were talking about me, since I use this nickname in a video game. ^_^ 
So well, I have a DerpyMail account, but I'm not really using it, no use for me to date.

Edited by GhostPony750

So its just another version of email?  Isn't there a bunch of other free email services where you can choose your own name?  Other than the novelty of the domain name @derpymail.org I'm confused as to what might be the purpose of this service.

So its just another version of email?  Isn't there a bunch of other free email services where you can choose your own name?  Other than the novelty of the domain name @derpymail.org I'm confused as to what might be the purpose of this service.

It is special because it is an email service just for bronies. Nopony else is going to sign up, and if you get an email in your inbox from the domain "derpymail.org", then you can be sure it's mail from bronies.

• Brohoof 3

It is special because it is an email service just for bronies. Nopony else is going to sign up, and if you get an email in your inbox from the domain "derpymail.org", then you can be sure it's mail from bronies.

I guess that makes sense.  I can't imagine many little girls signing up for email XD.  I suppose it would be useful to see if people can get the hint when you give them that email address :P

• Brohoof 1

Haha, us Bronies are making everything Ponyfied. It's actually interesting seeing common everyday things become Pony styled. 

I see some of the use in it being for Bronies and you can recognize them, but really it's just another free email service.

I wonder what's next... Brony dating site?

I decided to start using DerpyMail after I read this, which was about 5 minutes ago  :lol:

It just sounded... y'know cooler? (than all other mail sites?)

If anyone is interested in sending messages in there (perhaps) my DerpyMail is 7h3c0ur13r@derpymail.org.

Edited by Gamer P0N3
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wonder what's next... Brony dating site?

That is not a bad idea. If I knew how, I would make one right now myself, just because that idea is so ingenious. Since most girls don't want a brony boyfriend, and vice versa, it would make it a whole hell of a lot easier to find bronies/pegasisters of the opposite sex (or same sex if you swing that way) near them.

Edited by Fluttering High

That is not a bad idea. If I knew how, I would make one right now myself, just because that idea is so ingenious. Since most girls don't want a brony boyfriend, and vice versa, it would make it a whole hell of a lot easier to find bronies/pegasisters of the opposite sex (or same sex if you swing that way) near them.

I'm not really a fan of online dating services, but if it showed me who was nearby, i MIGHT be interested. MAYBE. not really a fan of online dating because i usually see it as a desperate attempt for romance and such.

I'm gonna use this! :lol: My regular email account is FLOODED with spam and other things. I want a nice email service where all I get is messages from my friends and requests for my pony videos. Thanks for recommending this ;)

• Brohoof 1

In theory, it's not a bad idea, but in practice.......

We had a topic for this (I'm not sure if it's still active) and the problem arose that there are a lot more male fans (on these forums at least) than there are female.  I want to say that there was between 40 and 50 guys and about 5 to 10 women.  I might remember the name of the topic and could find it if you wanted...

In fact I do use Derpymail. If you lovely people want to swing by and send me a message, you can reach me at HarmonicRevelations@Derpymail.org.

It's a nice little web service and unlike my Gmail it isn't cluttered with spam so I am way more likely to respond to messages on my Derpymail E-mail.

(edited)

I'm not really a fan of online dating services, but if it showed me who was nearby, i MIGHT be interested. MAYBE. not really a fan of online dating because i usually see it as a desperate attempt for romance and such.

Online dating is pretty much useless in most cases, but with bronies it would make sense. It is hard for bronies to find other bronies (or pegasisters), and a dating site would make sense. A better idea would be a Find-Other-Bronies site, where you could locate other bronies in your area to talk about pony-stuff with. This could also work for dating if that's what you want.

Edited by Fluttering High

@@Fluttering High, i'd be fine with a find-other-bronies sight. I'd just rather do the whole dating thing the old-fashioned way: in person. i feel that, at least to me, it means more when somebody is interested in someone in real life. otherwise, for all you know, you could be talking to some random old man posing as someone your age or so. i think the closest i'll ever come to being part of one of these things is if i somehow manage to get to a convention. otherwise, i think i'll just have to stick to meeting the people in real life rather than the internet. at least, when it comes to a possible relationship and interest in them.