Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else finds this ironic

Mywas

That the two most acceptable punching bags in the fandom seem to be voiced by the same actor. if you dint know then You should know that Vincent Tong has voiced Flash Sentry and Prince Blueblood who are both argued to be the most hated characters in the fandom.

actually they both have a lot of other things in common:

1) they both suffer from the lack of screentime

2) they both are love intrests, just used in different ways

3) they both seem to be thrown in the carbage can by the writers as both of them look like they will never appear again.

• Brohoof 4

Blueblood was portrayed as a snobbish, immature dick, and that's the appropriate treatment he got. Flash toyed with everyone's Twilight waifu fantasies.

I see nothing unforeseen here :D

• Brohoof 9

You could be onto something.

Yet, it is very ironic now that you mention it, so maybe it might have been a coincidence.

Who knows if they'll be used for something in the future, maybe they'll be better if they come back.

I think the odds are fairly good that it's coincidence.  Keep in mind that FiM has a fairly small stable of voice actors.  They overlap in the Mane 6 (one VA doing more than one character), so it's not much of a surprise that a one-off character (Flash Sentry) might be the same voice as a rarely-recurring one (Prince Blueblood).  Especially since most (all?) of their VA's are women, and not all of them are necessarily going to be good at doing male voices.  So, the available "pool" to select VA's for male characters from on FiM is very small, so the likelyhood of any given pair of male characters being voiced by the same person is fairly high.

That's not actually ironic, but I see what you're trying to say.

They're punching bags because one was meant to be and the other pissed off the neckbeards because now THEY can't be Twilight's coltfriend. Case closed.

Apart from the two ponies being hated, this isn't irony, it's more of a coincidence.

People tend to confuse irony and coincidence a lot, sorry if I sound too mean.

Edited by Flow

Flash Sentry is only hated by Twilight Fanboys for which he ruined their fantasy of a Twilight Sparkle Waifu, I mean seriously, personally I like him.

They're not the only people.

Twilight is like my 3rd favorite pony and I still hate Flash.

He's just a shallow, cliched character with no build-up or actual use, and the personality of a brick.

Other people feel the same.

• Brohoof 1

They're not the only people.

Twilight is like my 3rd favorite pony and I still hate Flash.

He's just a shallow, cliched character with no build-up or actual use, and the personality of a brick.

Other people feel the same.

I'm neutral to him because well, he seems just to be the result of what a lot of people have been asking for, a background pony to get speaking lines. People seem to forget that if ANY background pony got a lot of lines, they would turn out a lot like Flash Sentry.

He didn't even get a chance to have any character development, considering he was just introduced in EqG, and it's entirely possible that he won't be featured in Season 4 and that could be why the writers decided against giving him character development.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

That the two most acceptable punching bags in the fandom seem to be voiced by the same actor. if you dint know then You should know that Vincent Tong has voiced Flash Sentry and Prince Blueblood who are both argued to be the most hated characters in the fandom.

What?

who are both argued to be the most hated characters in the fandom.

WHAT!?

both argued to be the most hated characters in the fandom.

WHAT!?

May it please the court for me to present into evidence exhibit A:

Gilda_pose_id_S1E5.png

And exhibit B:

Diamond_Tiara_id.png

Flash Sentry and Blue Blood are disliked, that's for sure; but more hated than that griffin asshat or somepony that makes fun of disabled kids?

Edited by Forlong
  • Brohoof 2

What?

WHAT!?

WHAT!?

May it please the court for me to present into evidence exhibit A:

img-1734348-1-Gilda_pose_id_S1E5.png

And exhibit B:

img-1734348-2-Diamond_Tiara_id.png

Flash Sentry and Blue Blood are disliked, that's for sure; but more hated than that griffin asshat or somepony that makes fun of disabled kids?

Well since Gilda and Diamond Tiara are females they get a free pass in this fandom and in Tiaras case she is a filly.

But since Blue and Flash are males most of their fans are gonna be fangirls

Well since Gilda and Diamond Tiara are females they get a free pass in this fandom and in Tiaras case she is a filly.

But since Blue and Flash are males most of their fans are gonna be fangirls

And by what reasoning is that based on?  Just because a character is disliked does not mean that only fangirls like him.  And I did a google search for "most hated my little pony character".  Gilda is number one, hooves down.  Diamond Tiara also gets more hate than these guys as well, which is why I brought her up as well.

I really have no problem with Flash...thoughI can see him being aproblem for Twilight fans as he's essentially stealing their waifu's. Blue Blood? Yea, I hate him because he was a jerk to Rarity...and acting like a royal snob.

No thats not the reason you hate him. theres a hidden reason. as you see he was only given three minutes of screentime and most of them was froms Raritys view of things. Had he been given as much as devolopment as Trixie or atleast Gilda theres a chance you might like him

Doesn't the same guy do Shining Armor too? I don't find this ironic at all I mean I don't see how the word irony can be used here. Maybe there's a definition of irony that I don't know. Anyway since this show has more of a female cast then I don't why it's weird for on of it's few male voice actors to do multiple voices instead of hiring a new one.

Blueblood has a interesting personality and a great one at that. Instead of being polite and proper like most shows do the whole prince thing. He's a jerk and is a memorable character because of the way he acts outside of the stereotype. Even if you don't like him you remember him.

Flash on the other hand...well he's just kinda there to be there and doesn't do anything excpet show dumbo princess vice-principle Luna that Twilight didn't trash the gym which literally anyone could have done and imo it would have meant more for both the audience and Twilgiht if the other mane 5 did so instead of Flash. Personality wise hes the opposite of Bloodblood instead of being a twist he is just the sterotype of the perfect guy.

• Brohoof 2

It's not ironic, but yeah, they're both hated. It's just a coincidence that they have the same voice actor.

Blue Blood was a major jerk, so it's natural that everyone hates him.

I haven't seen Equestria Girls yet, but from what I've seen, people hate him because he stole their waifu had no character development.

I don't think it's as much of a coincidence.  The male voices needed for the series are a little low so Vincent seemed like a good choice for both.

I knew Prince Blueblood was already a pretty hated character in the fandom, but Flash?  What's not to like?  I mean, he wasn't given much character development, but honestly the movie didn't have much time to focus on his and Twi's relationship what with Equestria being in danger & all.

To be honest after Equestria girls released I didn't see as much bashing of Flash Sentry. The majority of bashing really came before the film was released, which was really stupid. I don't think there are a ton of people who like him enough to list him any where near the top. Though this would be because he really lacked in the character department.

I mean lets list what we know of him.  

1.) he likes to play guitar and is possibly in a band
2.) he is kind 
3.) he has a crush on Twilight
4.) ummm...thats pretty much it

That's why people don't like him. He played such a minor part in the film that he might as well have not even been in it. As apposed to Prince Blue Blood who was a snob. Though Ive been seeing a surprising amount of people who like Flash Sentry lately.

Prince Blueblood is just a pony who thinks highly of himself. It's a common straight among st some people like him and it's his character flaw that can lead to some development. I like him personally.

Flash Senrty on the other hand is a bit Gary Stu-ish when you compare him to Blueblood. They even have the same amount of screen time too. I don't like him because he has no flaws about him.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn