Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hub.

Welcome to the Stupid Sexy Spitfire Fan Club!

post-4006-0-51934000-1376010235_thumb.png
Spitfire is the notorious Captain of the Wonderbolts, the most elite pegasi aerobatics and presumed air-combat force team in Equestria. While laid back and friendly off the clock, her fiery personality shows through on the hard cement of the Wonderbolt Academy's training runway, where she makes or breaks potential future Wonderbolt members through rigorous training regiments to test physical and mental endurance. As the current leader of the Wonderbolts, she is both Rainbow Dash's idol, as well as her obstacle to overcome.

Rules of this thread:
-No spamming post to become biggest fans
-This is a children’s show, and believe it or not there are younger people who go on these forums, please limit content to suggestive only. For example you may post a picture of two ponies kissing, but they cannot be doing anything inappropriate, or showing things inappropriate.
-Do not post a picture of Applejack in the Rainbow Dash forum, because Applejack belongs in the Applejack forum.
-Do not hate on another fan club, for example posting in the Fluttershy forum "Twilight is better!"
-I have the ability to decide whether you are doing something inappropriate or not, if I deem you are doing something unnecessary and I ask you to stop, please stop. Common Sense my little ponies.
-All of MLP Forums rules still apply.

This is the Spitfire thread, please only post her. If you have recommendations for another pony club, go to the hub (linked at the top of the screen).

Fan Art:

img-1731373-1-img-1731373-1-wonderbolt_a
img-1731373-2-img-1731373-2-spitdash_by_
img-1731373-3-img-1731373-3-just_relaxin

post-4006-0-51934000-1376010235_thumb.png

• Brohoof 6

Spitefire is what I could easily see Rainbow Dash being like 10-20 years from now, a slight ego but well under control and a bit of a competitive streak yet measured.

spitfire_by_spittfireart-d5ftvmi.png

spitfire_by_laurenmagpie-d4t7cht.jpgspitfire_by_high_roller2108-d67k91r.png

• Brohoof 5

Spitefire is what I could easily see Rainbow Dash being like 10-20 years from now, a slight ego but well under control and a bit of a competitive streak yet measured.

I've made the same connection, myself :) Spitfire is, in many ways, a much more mature and laid-back/in control Rainbow Dash. One of the reasons the idea of them as a shipping pairing honestly interests me so much. I'd like to see Spitfire's cooler approach to things, but ability to turn up the discipline, keep Dash's temper and ego in check. Though, I suppose that could also be achieved simply by being roommates, but, the first option involves NSFW implications and we all know how much fun those are B)

• Brohoof 2

Ordered an awesome Spitfire plushie from Ebay, today :D Somewhat pricy, but for the size and quality it's hardly that bad. It'll be here Friday or Saturday. Can't wait <3

I think Spitfire is really cool, a good contrast for Rainbow Dash's character. I look forward to them having some more screen time together later in the series (hopefully).

What I'd like to see is, if Dash ever does somehow make it into the Wonderbolts (to which I'll be curious to see how they deal with that. My guess is, 'she'll enjoy the achievement of her dream, but come to find it means little time for her friends, and may quit or turn down the position of her own accord', much as she did to the actual academy), I want to see Dash have a no-holds barred race against Spits. Dash is probably faster, but her experience in flight still doesn't compare to Spitfire. And hey, for all we know, Spitfire might be able to keep up with Dash. Would be rather interesting to see.

• Brohoof 2

Oh gosh oh gosh SPITFIRE!!!

I was planning on making my next MLP banner based on her! I'm working on the fan art right now. She's by far one of my favorite Pegasi. Why? Because she has an awesome design, and lots of potential for characterization! And I love potential! I like to imagine her most as a pony in a early 20th century Amelia-Earheartish flight getup. I'm still thinking about the timeline, but It's gonna look like something anywhere between 1890s-9040s. Um, anyways, ART!

img-1758873-1-mlp___spitfire_by_huussii-

img-1758873-2-spitfire_does_more_flying_img-1758873-3-91280084f3183d4823093a0720

img-1758873-4-commission__spitfire_pinup

• Brohoof 3

Oh gosh oh gosh SPITFIRE!!!

I was planning on making my next MLP banner based on her! I'm working on the fan art right now. She's by far one of my favorite Pegasi. Why? Because she has an awesome design, and lots of potential for characterization! And I love potential! I like to imagine her most as a pony in a early 20th century Amelia-Earheartish flight getup. I'm still thinking about the timeline, but It's gonna look like something anywhere between 1890s-9040s. Um, anyways, ART!

So much yes <3 And damn, I look forward to seeing what sort of banner you can create with Spits :D She's only ever had one in history thus far, and it was a decent while ago back shortly after S3 ended.

• Brohoof 2

The Stupid Sexy Spitfire Club!?!

I love her! She's my favorite wonderbolt, and personally, I like her more with her mane down, she looks more adorable and hotter that way.

Spitfire is best wonderbolt and hottest pegasus!

spitfire_desktop_background_wallpaper_by

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

The Stupid Sexy Spitfire Club!?!

I love her! She's my favorite wonderbolt, and personally, I like her more with her mane down, she looks more adorable and hotter that way.

Spitfire is best wonderbolt and hottest pegasus!

Agreed, agreed and more agreed :D Though, I'm personally torn when it comes to her mane style. Partially why her design surpasses most other ponies for me is the seamless fire theme. Her hair when it's up, fits that theme amazingly. Her hair is nice when it's down, but when it's in its' usual posture, the heat of hottest pony is just bubbling ;)

--

For all her hotness, one would think that such a topic would be ablaze with replies, all discussing her fiery personality and smoking good looks. My hopes are it'll pick up a bit. C'mon, guys, Dashie's topic is well into the double digits in replies. Dashie aspires to surpass Spitfire, not vice-versa.

Too many fire puns, by the way? I figured a little flaming might spark some flames of discussion.

417813.gif

Definitely too many fire puns.

• Brohoof 5

Spitfire's cool, probably my favourite Wonderbolt. She's got authority and a pretty nice side to her when she's not on duty. Very cool pony in my opinion :). Also I forgot to mention her colour scheme is pretty awesome! 

spitfire_by_tecknojock-d3g0b2t.png

Edited by NightOwl
  • Brohoof 2

So glad I was lead to this. Spitfire is clearly best pony.

I don't really notice a difference in voice other than from Sonic Rainboom to after that because that's when they switched from Nicole Oliver voicing her to Kelly Metzger.

Wish my plushie would come to life like Ted haha.

post-15761-0-28219600-1378372843_thumb.jpgpost-15761-0-25087700-1378372846_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Eh, why not? :P

She's a pretty cool pony, pegasus, and wonderbolt overall, anyway. 

Well, here are some of my personal favorite fan arts:

spitfire_by_pixelkitties-d5uld95.pngspitfire_by_spittfireart-d5ftvmi.png

spitfire_by_zoithedragon-d6jk8lk.png

spitfire_by_spittfireart-d663me7.png

I better stop before I get carried away. 

• Brohoof 2

• 6 months later...

Guess I found my :wub:, Spitfire.  She is by far my favorite character due to her "authority", "sexiness", "personality", and of course......her "attitude". 

spitfire_by_thechouken-d5aof30.png

Edited by Promethean Alicorn
  • Brohoof 3

Yea, spitfire IS awesome, in fact like many other posters has said, I could EASILY see Dashie maturing in the future and becoming just like spitfire, with her ego in check and her confidence at just the right level!

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

WonderSunglasses.jpg

Seriously though, many have looked at Rainbow Falls and shallowly cast off Spitfire's character and denounced her and Fleetfoot as stuck up bitches without second thought. I call upon these neigh-sayers and bring to light the fact that, I and other Spitfire fans will give the other side of the coin.

The way Spitfire and Fleetfoot were depicted in Rainbow Falls was a writers' ill-choice; they took the quick and simple route of, 'eh, we'll just make them the antagonists of the episode, acting as Shadowbolts 2.0, testing Dash's loyalty', instead of bothering to keep their characters consistent and believable. They could have easily done the episode without villanizing them. Spitfire, anyway. We've never seen Fleetfoot before. Though, seeing as how she too was willing to move on at the end of the episode after agreeing with Spitfire, I'm just as likely to assume that she was unnecessarily villanized too. So, ergo, I don't consider that episode a fault on the characters, because they were -so- blatantly out of character that the writers themselves should have known better. Regardless, the characters at least owned up in the end, which is enough for me. Maybe not for a lot of other people, but as I've found, being a positive thinker in a sea of complaining fans who bitch about everything (and completely alter their perception of a character based on a single episode, knowing full well that different writers write each and every episode), I'm not most people :3

> http://mlpforums.com/topic/93074-what-is-your-opinion-on-the-wonderbolts/?p=2468499

Writers' aside, I personally found Spitfire's quote at the end of the episode, 'Huh, Rainbow Dash, you are somethin'. Saw it at the Academy, seeing it again here.' to be rather peculiar. Almost seemed like her and Fleetfoot were, on some level, purposefully pressuring Dash as well, to see if her loyalty would remain intact even when confronted by the team who'd she always sought to get into. Surely they did genuinely fuck up in ditching Soarin, but it seemed like they knew what they were doing a little too well, if you ask me. Just something I've pondered.

With that aside, I am super psyched to see Hottest Pony again in general, and we'll no doubt be seeing her, and her two companions at the Equestria Games, which is in T-minus four episodes from now.

There she is, head ever so slightly cocked along with Fleetfoot, looking cutely at the audience. 'Hug me, I'm sexy and my color scheme is to die for.'

Equestria_Games_poster.png

spitfire_at_the_equestria_games_by_rb_d-

• Brohoof 7

• 1 month later...

Yes!

Spitfire is like the best Wonderbolt out there!

To be honest, I bet she's faster than Rainbow Dash.

Also she's gotta sweet tan and a cool and unique hair style.

I've always loved the athletic characters the most.

Mostly because I'm an athlete myself cause I do track and field. (sprinting, shot putt, and discus)

Oh yeah, and one more thing:

post-25645-0-52640500-1399327181.jpg

• Brohoof 5

• 2 weeks later...

I never really got how spitfires voice changes so much in between the gala and te wonder bolts academy anyway if zecora doesn't count spitfire is best pony

That was probably a continuity error, or possibly they hadn't decided on a permanent voice for her yet because she'd only had cameo appearances up to that point.  This reminds me of a Simpsons scene in Lemon of Troy where Flanders can be heard shouting clearly in another voice.  And I'm not talking about his high pitched scream.  It was just blatantly another voice.  Pretty sure it was Professor Frink.  Goofy stuff.  They do stuff like this all the time in entertainment.  Like, let's say they finish a scene, but then realize later that they forgot some scream sound or something, but by then the voice actor temporarily unavailable or something, so some random member of the production crew will provide the sound.  Stuff like that.  Like the scene in Return of the King when Sam confronts Shealob with the Light of Elendil, and you see his arm come onto the screen holding the light; that's actually Peter Jackson's arm, cause they forgot to do that shot or some such, and it was just easier than calling up Sean Astin to come back for that one shot.  But I digress.

Anyway, I absolutely love Spitfire.  She's so awesome.  And I love how the Wonderbolt's captain is female is as well.  This just reminds me of something I've been thinking about.  In a world that is unfortunately still pretty male dominated, it's great to see a show that is so female dominated.  When I look through all of my games and movies and shows that I watch, the majority of the characters are male.  I guess I have a biased perspective because the types of things I like (sci-fi and fantasy), tend to be more targeted towards males, and tend to have more male characters.  I mean, there's women in most of these movies/games as well, but they're rarely the main characters.  And it's usually about a 3 to 1 ratio of male to female.  I won't ramble on giving a bunch of examples.  I just wanted to say how nice and refreshing it is to watch a series where all of the main characters are female, including the rulers and authority figures, like the Princesses and Spitfire.

• Brohoof 3

How in the world did I know @~Chaotic Discord~ would be the one to start this topic? xD

Oh, and I wanted to share these two songs about Spitfire, thought some would appreciate them. ^^

Here and here! ^^

Its funny.........i almost created one until someone told me it was already created by Chaotic, :lol:.

• Brohoof 2

How in the world did I know @~Chaotic Discord~ would be the one to start this topic? xD

The mystery would be that he didn't created it :3

Sexiest Non-Mane 6 pony deserves more love!!! :okiedokielokie:

91280084f3183d4823093a072096f703-d51932n

my-little-pony-mlp-art-minor-Spitfire-55

spitfire_by_inuhoshi_to_darkpen-d53c34u.

• Brohoof 3