Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

adventure A New Flame

Moonlight Fire

Moonlight Fire cautiously trudged into the perky town of Ponyville, dragging an old wagon carrying her things behind her. All kinds of ponies pranced around, and everything was so bright. Her fiery orange and red mane fluttered in the wind. Suddenly, a flash of pink streaked across her view.

"Oh my goodness! You're new here! Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie! What's your name? Where did you come from? I can't wait to throw you a party!" The pink earth pony squealed.

"I'm Moonlight Fire. I'm from Canterlot. I have to go," Moonlight murmured the answer she had been rehearing for the past week.

"Huh? Wait come back!" Pinkie Pie shouted as Moonlight continued walking. The yellow unicorn ignored her. She moved to Ponyville in order to practice her magic, not to make friends. Lost in thought, Moonlight suddenly tripped on a stone, causing her wagon to flip over and spill its contents.

"Great!" She snapped bitterly.  Medicine books, beakers, and magic scrolls were scattered on the ground. As she struggled to gather everything, she felt a gentle hoof tap her shoulder. Moonlight turned around to see a pale yellow Pegasus with a pink mane staring shyly at her.

Behind stood an orange earth pony, and a rainbow Pegasus.

"U-um hi! I'm F-F-Fluttershy..I.. would you like some help?" she asked.

"No! I'm fine," Moonlight Fire snapped, gathering a few of the items.

Fluttershy quickly whispered a "sorry" and tried to walk away, but the orange pony stopped her.

"Now, we really don't mind helpin' ya', sugar. Are ya' sure? I'm Applejack, by the way," she said in a southern accent.

"What part of NO do you Ponyville ponies not understand?" Moonlight growled angrily.

Suddenly, the bright rainbow Pegasus stepped up nose to nose with her.

"Look, I don't know what your problem is, but we're just trying to help!" she said in a defiant voice.

"And I don't know what YOUR problem is, but I. Don't. Want it," the unicorn said evenly. They glared at each other for a few moments until the Pegasus turned away.