Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

YouTube + Ponies = Colors

Azura

As a daily YouTuber, I've noticed that they've added this feature where when you type in a pony's name in the search bar, the top grey bar will change to the color of the pony.

tumblr_mr9axghY7z1r2x52jo1_1280.png

I really hope they won't remove this because it's awesome. It would be such a pity of it only lasted for a week or two.

What do you ponies think about it?

• Brohoof 17

If you search for "ponies" too, it shows an animation of pony sprites walking back and forth across the videos. 

(I was informed of this by @Ano170, so I can't take credit for its discovery)

I think it's pretty cool, although it's a shame it doesn't stay when you search for another video, it'd be cool if you could pick a colour and then you would have to research another pony to change the colour again, leaving it the colour of your choice while you watched other videos. 

• Brohoof 1

Nice! I've only noticed this now ha ha :)

Thank's for posting. I really hope Google/YouTube keep it like this for a while would be awesome if it stays. 

Edited by NightOwl

Really? I never actually noticed this until now. It's too bad I try to be as specific as possible when searching for videos on YouTube.

Still, I hope this stays. It's quite a neat nod to the fandom from Google.

I think this is anything but a "nod to the fandom", I think this is just an attempt from Google to be "in the game", not make it seem like they're behind when it comes to popular internet fads and such. I guess it's a nice feature, but it's really laughable seeing how Google are trying to connect to the people using Youtube

this-guy-i-love-this-guy-drunk-baby-meme

Thanks for telling us about it! Google just got 20% cooler a lot more respect from me. This almost makes up for the Chromebook i'm forced to use! mlp-vswant.png

• Brohoof 1

That is cool and yea I really hope Youtube do keep it.

img-1735778-1-this-guy-i-love-this-guy-d

Thanks for telling us about it! Google just got 20% cooler a lot more respect from me. This almost makes up for the Chromebook i'm forced to use! img-1735778-2-mlp-vswant.png

I know how you feel with the Chromebook but I find that it is better than nothing.

• Brohoof 1

This is pretty awesome! I wander why google decided to do this though... is only here for geek week or is it here to stay as a permeant feature? Well, at any rate its pretty epic that they gave a shout out to bronies. 

I found out about yesterday and think it's funny and a nice nod to us. Hope it's a permanent feature because I really like it. It's just a simple search bar color change, but it's a cool little shout out to bronies. Also, it adds some color to Youtube.

• 4 weeks later...