Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Eye Color Fits Vinyl Scratch Better?

Misty Rose

What Eye Color Do You Prefer  

61 users have voted

1. 1. Choose Your Color

• Red
    • Purple

I think the purple fit better, red contrasts a little to much, and to be honest looks a little bit corrupt almost.

Plus purple is the color they wanted it to be at first, so yeah :P.

I won't lose my mind if they're red. If you watched Equestria Girls, I believe her shades are removed and it turns out they're magenta; something that wasn't clear when she made an appearance in FiM. Having said that, I prefer magenta. The red is a little too much, but then again, who cares  :lol: ?

Red.  Although I'm really fine either way, the purple/magenta just seems a too bland to me. Plus the contrast of the red eyes just makes more sense for the hardcore bass loving DJ, but that may just be from my friends and I being the "metal" group throughout high school and a couple girls having red contacts. :huh:

Also;

Do people seriously think that she's a stoner because of the red eyes? I've seriously never heard that anywhere outside this thread.  :lol:

*cough cough*avatar says it all*cough cough*

But yeah, I prefer the red eyed Vinyl better. I think it has a perfect contrast. It looks really nice to me anyways. I feel like it fits more with her personality anyways of being "extreme". 

The purple are nice though.

The red is too strong, and it kind of gets you an edgy feeling that something's not quite right. The magenta-ish purple is kind of the answer to that edginess. The canon eyes look way better. Sorry, bronies.

• Brohoof 1

The red is too strong, and it kind of gets you an edgy feeling that something's not quite right. The magenta-ish purple is kind of the answer to that edginess. The canon eyes look way better. Sorry, bronies.

roflmao..

seeing that "edgy feeling something's not quite right." made me think of this moment..

Image1_zps23990f0b.jpg

That certainly seems edgy, and she's def feeling somethings not quite right... right? :P

... next thread should be Octavia's eyes, Purple or Red? :P

In other news.. I think he may wanna start running...

Edited by GrimCW

The purple looks nice, but I see RD with it all the time.

Also, red is my favorite color. Whoever says the red IRISES make her look like a stoner clearly have never been stoned before. Discoloration occurs in the sclera, not the iris.

I prefer the magenta colour eyes.Not a real fan of the red eyes...Magenta ones look a lot better imo. The red ones don't go well with the rest of her colour scheme, they're too out of place.

Yeah that's what I think, red eyes just look really out of place with the rest of her color scheme.

But yeah people DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Stoners get bloodshot eyes meaning the white area is faintly red, NOT THE IRISES!!

• Brohoof 1

I prefer the red. I dunno it just looks cooler. Hey, anypony remember way back when in 2011 when there was the big debate on what Vinyls eye color actually was. It seemed that the main consensus among the artists was that her eyes were red.

Hey, anypony remember this video?

I used to be all for the red eyes, but then I started liking the rose colored eyes more. I feel like the purplish rose fits her better than red. It meshes well with her white coat and electric blue mane where as the red, not so much in my opinion.

Though this has implications from fan drawings included, this is discussing a character's appeal, with quite a bit of the discussion focusing around the show. I'mma move it to Show Discussion.

Technically speaking, the purple eyes are nicer. Red eyes are cliche', and that shade is kinda... primary. The purple goes really nicely with her mane and tail and it's just a lovely shade in general.

However, for one reason or another, the red eyes just work. I'm not sure why exactly, they shouldn't, it doesn't even fit with the show, but they look good somehow.

I'ma go with red.

Both, red is a unique color,though. Vinyl's glasses hide that she is a stoner. Magneta doesn't make her unique. Vinyl deserves to be unique. She one of best ponies, only DJ I heard of in Equestria. She is speacial.

Although her red eyes were pretty cool and unique before anythings was canon, I've grown fond of her now canon magenta eyes. The red just sticks out too much to me now.

The red just looks weird to me, and stands out a bit too much. The magenta/purple color seems much more pleasant, and as an added bonus, reminds me of best pony's eyes ;).

Edited by DashForever

• 6 years later...

Red. The fandom was right when they designed her. The official color is a response with a slight modification to avoid legal copyright stuff.