Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if there was a My Little Pony FiM video game for XBOX, PS3, etc.?

VoxelBrony

Ok so I have been thinking lately, what if My Little Pony FiM had its very own video game. What are your thoughts on this topic? I think it would be fun to play. (Besides Fighting is Magic)

Edited by TwiliDashieFlutt

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

Just think of the gamestop preorders i would have it in, exclusive Derpy Hooves character and party cannon ohh yeah, the expensive version comes with a princess twilight statuete

• Brohoof 4

They could do this in two ways

Make a cheap game on the Nintendo DS with money in mind trying to snag it from little girls parents.

The good way would be to make quality game that is cute and true to the show. Get some good developers onto making the game, it would probably be a platforming game hopefully similar to the game "Fancy Pants." Then you'd not only have little girls getting it, you'd also have the entire Brony community buying it.

• Brohoof 3

I think it would be a good marketing idea for Hasbro, so they can just sell the games and probably put it on handheld consoles. As long as the game stays true to the show, there will be no problems.

• Brohoof 2

I would definitely be intrigued to buy the game, so long as it didn't stray too far off the show itself. though, what would even be the main focus of the game? what style? that's what i want to know. if it's something easy and linear, like the mario stuff, then yeah i'd probably get it...and weird looks as well. if it's something that would require hours and hours of one's leisure, than maybe not. at least, not right now. college is busy. nonetheless, i like the idea. they've had a successful movie, so i think if they really tried, they could possibly pull of a video game.

Believe it or not...

I may or may not be starting a little venture into the world of making an MLP vidya game, once everything is planned out and all the dialogue and whatnot is written. I have the creativity, writing skills, free time, and ambition to go through with it too. Just not the programming/computer graphic skills.

Baby steps, though.

I mean, not on the ecksbawks or any other commercial deal, but an indy thing for fun and to create something, well, good.

You know. Contribute to the fanbase.

Edited by Rockymoo
  • Brohoof 3

I was watching Fall Weather Friends earlier and it hit me.

The defining videogame of the 4th generation of My Little Pony will be "MLP FiM: The Fifth Annual Iron Pony Competition"

I was watching Fall Weather Friends earlier and it hit me.

The defining videogame of the 4th generation of My Little Pony will be "MLP FiM: The Fifth Annual Iron Pony Competition"

Challenge accepted.

You can bet your sweet flank I'll go through with this.

And you can also bet your sweet flank that it'll knock your socks off.

Oh my goodness- A MLP:Fim RPG would be awesome.  You could customize your own pony and venture through Equestria.  Perhaps the underlying plot could be to fight Discord.  You could raise your stats in Magic, Flying, Speed, Strength, etc.  Then after leveling up, at a certain level you could transform into an alicorn.  That'd be pretty ballin'.  

You can go on various quests for the Mane 6 and individual background ponies in Ponyville before you can venture off into other parts of the land:  Everfree Forest, Canterlot, Appleloosa, Cloudsdale.....

I also love customization in any game.  The ability to talk with ponies and be given a handful of responses would also be neat, this way you can unlock gifts after raising individual pony's friendship points (think Harvest Moon).  Love interests would also be neat, that being said, it would depend on if your protagonist was a boy or girl.  

• Brohoof 2

Demos how the game is.

If its a game made specifically for little girls, or a learning game, I'm out.

If its a platformer, or adventure game, I might be in.

If its a WoW related game, GIMIE! (There is a fan made game in this description, btw. It's still in the making though.)

I would totally go for a racing game: Pony Kart! Racing is Magic! Now wouldn't that be fun! Play as your favorite ponies from the show as the mane 6 or other characters! Race in all of your favorite My Little Pony locations: Ponyville, Canterlot, Appleloosa, the Crystal City, Manehattan, the Everfree Forest, and more! Rated P for ponies  :lol:

• 4 months later...

Oh my goodness- A MLP:Fim RPG would be awesome.  You could customize your own pony and venture through Equestria.  Perhaps the underlying plot could be to fight Discord.  You could raise your stats in Magic, Flying, Speed, Strength, etc.  Then after leveling up, at a certain level you could transform into an alicorn.  That'd be pretty ballin'.  

You can go on various quests for the Mane 6 and individual background ponies in Ponyville before you can venture off into other parts of the land:  Everfree Forest, Canterlot, Appleloosa, Cloudsdale.....

I also love customization in any game.  The ability to talk with ponies and be given a handful of responses would also be neat, this way you can unlock gifts after raising individual pony's friendship points (think Harvest Moon).  Love interests would also be neat, that being said, it would depend on if your protagonist was a boy or girl. 

Everyone this is a great Idea. I thought of something like this last week and I think Someone should do this. Though my idea was to make an MLP: FIM skyrim style, no blood of course with DLCs.

You can buy or build a house, sell merchandise, get married..., getting change in hair styles, faces, daily events.

I though of some good ideas for DLCs if possible. Customization is a MUST!!!

Wait...how will the cutie mark system work?

And how will the story go? the beginning of the S1, EP1 or just a branch off from somewhere near it, or just an all new story overall?

Demos how the game is.

If its a game made specifically for little girls, or a learning game, I'm out.

If its a platformer, or adventure game, I might be in.

If its a WoW related game, GIMIE! (There is a fan made game in this description, btw. It's still in the making though.)

I agree wholeheartly to this.

Edited by rst64tlc
  • Brohoof 2

This would has to be one of the most awesome games! If they released one I would pre-order the best edition. I would love if Hasbro did it. If it was a free roam style it would be epic! Going around Ponyville etc... It would has to be for older ages though not hinted towards young girls.

Edited by 'Fluttershy'

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Telltale Games Presents My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

But it would have to be one of the (IMO) good Telltale games that uses puzzles and dialogue trees like Sam 'n Max or Back to the Future. Not one of the timed button pressing games like Jurrassic Park.

I would also like an open world rpg. I honestly can't see why Hasbro hasn't jumped all over this yet, considering how many people would want to play it.

• Brohoof 1

If they do make one what genre would it be. Imagine what a mlp rpg would be like.

Pinkie you have a choice:

You can bake the cupcakes

or

Go to Twilight's birthday

*Pinkie bakes cupcakes*

Twilight Sparkle:

Friendship -20

• Brohoof 1

I would pre-order it in a heart beat. My brother would preorder it before that, he's the major gamer in my house. He'll get a PC version, I'll buy it on 360 or PS3, he'll buy copies for our mutual brony friends. It'll be epic (and expensive). But hey, if Monster high is getting a game, than why not MLP? 

Ideally an open world, 3rd person J-RPG would work, fully customizible, kinda like final fantasy online. Think General Zoi's pony creator on steroids. Pick from the unicorn, earth pony & unicorn classes and later on unlock new classes like crystal pony, pony bat, changeling or alicorn.  Heck even include non pony races like dragon, gryphon, or changeling. maybe even have sides to choose from, like the the kingdom of Equestria, the crystal empire, the changeling swarm, the Sombra dictatorship or the Discord anarchist state. Form relationships with friends and enemies like in Dynasty Warriors. master skills, groups and guilds, hold positions ranging from Mayor to Monarch, do it all like in Fable & Elder Scrolls.  

And finally, fully voiced character dialogue like Mass effect, Dragon Age or Star Wars: the old republic. 

All this can be done in an E rated game, right?

• Brohoof 1

It really depends on what kind of game it would be. If it would be an RPG sort of game, I would approve of it, if it was some simple nonsense though, I wouldn't want to buy it. Games should be able to touch me, if the game fails to do so, it is bad or at least not good.

If they made an MLP game though, their best bet would be a Strategy game giving each pony certain abilities that refer to the show. Also the difficulty should be at a pretty high level IMO.

RPG or adventure would work great and not need violence to even proceed.

They should consider calling up Telltale for this. They can make a good adventure game and keep it clean, while also being good enough for kids and adults (just give their Sam'n'Max or Monkey Island games a shot and see what I mean)

Though TBH I'd rather see it done in 2D ala the old 90's Adventure games... 3D doesn't blend well and the clipping of the models is horrendous with these style characters (see above tell tale games or even the MLP mobile game for fine examples.. They look good, but the rigging doesn't work well :(  )

It'd be extremely cheap to make though using this, and could keep to the show very closely as a result.

• Brohoof 1