Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Blog Formatting problems

Gabriel Smith
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

Am I the only one having issues with this?

Today, I have been trying to finish up this week's entry on the blog - only the blogging system keeps making changes. And whenever I go in to correct these changes, it undoes a bunch of other changes I made earlier. Examples include formatting going walkies (e.g: Some Entries will be missing Underlines, or be a smaller text font size than specified) and the bane of my existence, screwed up paragraph spacing (that is either it'll insert new lines in unnecessary places OR it'll remove them, merging entire Paragraphs together).

It's frustrating, it's annoying, and before anyone starts yes I do grammar check all my work. The fault is not on my end.

I've been finding that the automatic formatting goes bonkers whenever I copy stuff over from a word processing program, as the hidden formatting codes are almost but not quite the same. The system gets all confused and the formats go really weird. I have to turn on the manual bbcode visibility to work it all out.

• Brohoof 1

I've been finding that the automatic formatting goes bonkers whenever I copy stuff over from a word processing program, as the hidden formatting codes are almost but not quite the same. The system gets all confused and the formats go really weird. I have to turn on the manual bbcode visibility to work it all out.

While that's an issue, this was typed out using the blogging system by hand, in the actual writing part. Which makes it extra bizarre.

While that's an issue, this was typed out using the blogging system by hand, in the actual writing part. Which makes it extra bizarre.

Before you post it, press the switch in the upper left hand corner of the blog post editor to make sure that there is not any BBCode in there that you do not want to be. If you have trouble making line breaks appear where you need them to appear, you can use the [ br ] BBCode to force one.

After you have tried this, please let us know whether or not you are still experiencing this problem.

Edited by SCS
Edited my response to reflect Gabriel Smith's most recent reply.

Before you post it, press the switch in the upper left hand corner of the blog post editor to make sure that there is not any BBCode in there that you do not want to be. If you have trouble making line breaks appear where you need them to appear, you can use the [ br ] BBCode to force one.

After you have tried this, please let us know whether or not you are still experiencing this problem.

I'm still experiancing the exact same problem. BBCoding is not making an impact.

(edited)

I'm still experiancing the exact same problem. BBCoding is not making an impact.

This seems to be a complicated technical issue that we cannot help you with. As such, please send in a support ticket, filed under the Technical Issues / Bug Reports department, so that a technical administrator can assist you.

Edited by SCS