Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Funny things you said when you were a child?

Xievie

What are some funny things you said when you were younger, or were told that you said?

Personally, I remember saying "I'm not American, I'm Hawaiian!" Because I believed Hawaii was a country of it's own.

I was born there by the way.

Well, apparently when I was little, and this is a little embarrassing xD I would call big trucks (like semis) deedeedaws.

Yea...don't know where I got that from, but my mom said that I used to say that. 

• Brohoof 2

The funny things that I said when I was a child, was I always said '' Would you like to see my mask?'' I know that is pretty strange, I said at the most awkward of times even when it wasn't Halloween. :P So many funny memories.

My first words were "milk, it does a body good" which is even hilarious now that I am a dairy clerk though I am not going to be one forever. I used to call tictacs "open shuts" all the time, this one time at this restaurant I looked at the menu and saw as one of the specials "Cajun Catfish" and said "you don't want that it is some kind of cat in a cage." This one solicitor called once asking for my Dad and for some reason at the time I couldn't really say "Mom" or "Dad" and I didn't understand the concept of solicitors at the time and thought he was one of his friends or something. And I knew at the time that he drove a 1964 Chevy, so I said "the chevy will be home at 8 o clock and then hung up."

"I'm not a virgin, I'm Catholic!" I will never live that one down. My friends were talking about different religions and whatnot and I was suddenly asked by one of them as a joke if I was a virgin. Then I let that classic line slip due to my innocent ignorance, thinking it was some kind of religion. I didn't understand why everyone was laughing so hard until a few years later.

If any of my old friends find this post, hi!

Edited by Celtore

When I was younger I talked very formally because it's just what I grew up around so I always called every girl "ma'am" up until like the third grade and everybody made fun of me for it. ;_;

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

I remember when I was on Holiday in France with my family when I was young (around 7 or 8) and we went to a nearby swimming pool.
My family insisted going on the water slides, which I was strongly against as it was one of those dark water slides where you can't see much.
Eventually I gave in and went down with my mother.
However as we got to the bottom, I said slowly with the straightest face, and with the most blunt seriousness in my voice:
"This is not fun"

My family have never let me live that one down :P

• Brohoof 1

I used to call watermelon "wamelo" when I was a young lad. "Mommy, can I have some wamelo?" every single night at dinner.

Also, I used to call the kitchen the "chichen." I'd always ask my mother if I could go in the chichen and help her cook, and she'd always reply "Well, what's a chichen? You mean the kitchen?" Needless to say, I eventually figured it out.

• Brohoof 1

When I was little I used to pronounce snow in polish in a cute funny way apparently 'shnieh-h' instead of 'shniek'

if not, I don't think I ever said anything funny as a kid in english...

I remember calling a ladder palacha, and i got angry when i said it.
I also said backstreet boys so wrong, i started laughing and then i got naked and started dancing to backstreet boys.

Edited by The Milkman

I remember when I was in elementary school I used to say "rats" a lot. Funny now that I think back on it. 

"Just slide it in"....shut up....it was pottery class and someone was using a scraper type deal and I didn't realize what I had said until it was too late and...shut up. One of my friends said "that's what she said" and I was embarrassed as hell 

I remember saying "ashole" quite a bit which was my kid talk for *ahem* A hole. :blush:

Other than that, I used to say I was part squirrel or some other assorted nonsense like that. I was quite imaginative as a kid, have to give me credit for that. It takes ten kindergarteners to say what I said.

When I was a young kid, I used to like to ride in the bottom of the shopping carts at the grocery store. Let's just say I was a pretty outspoken youth. One time I was with my grandparents, and the woman working at the register was putting the groceries in the cart whilst I was in it, to which I replied, "She's bugging me." That poor woman tried to explain that she was just trying to do her job. Boy, I was such a brat. :P

I don't know if it counts as something "said" but i'm told that from a very early age i showed heavy disapproval of my mother...
to be more precise, i was told i would "Scream the second she came near, and not shutup until your father took you"

... I always found it funny.. cause tbh we NEVER got along... least not till I went to bootcamp.(My choice btw, I had my parents sign the waiver so I could get in at 17.. well... tried, my father made me wait a few months first. But then i turned 18 and didn't need them anymore :)  )
But it shows that even as an infant i had semi disdain for her...
sad... maybe.  
funny, definitely.

I said milk like ' Muck. ' X3 I hated milk for some reason back then. .-.

So it wasn't Miak?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egdObHpiAF8

For those who don't know.
In the movie he was trying to figure out how to defeat the trolls, but the book that had that info was missing a letter in     "MI K", so Ernest thought it was Miak :P

Edited by GrimCW

Funny things I've said? Well lets see...I kind of had my own language, haha

"Ja-Coo-Ba" meant it's dark outside. Sentence: "It's jacooba outside!"

"Da-Wee-Wa" meant strawberry. "I want a daweewa milkshake"

"Bow-wo-wa" meant water. So the first time I saw a beach, my parents told me I said "Oh my gosh! It's a BIG bow-wo-wa!"

And many more I'm sure. haha

• 5 years later...
(edited)

I don't even remember this cause I was so little, but my mom has told me plenty enough stories about it: When I was about 3 years old, my mom was having scrambled eggs for breakfast one morning and asked me if I wanted a bite, but after seeing pepper on the eggs I was like "No! Buzz buzz!" Apparently I thought the pepper was bugs. :laugh: 

I also used to call the moon skyball, now THAT I do remember, and the time when I was over at my Aunt's house playing with my cousins in their garage and I looked up at the ceiling, noticed it was a brown color and went "Poop sky!" :laugh: 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Man, how did you guys are still remembering what you said as a kid? I don't remember a single thing. 

• 1 month later...

One of my aunt’s asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I replied with: “I want to be a house”.

I remember that when I was 7, I heard one of my friends say the word 'sexy'. I initially thought that the word was an insult or something, though I didn't bother to find out what it actually meant. I had went up to a group of girls at school and had called them sexy. They proceeded to laugh and run off, though I never realised why until years later.