Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Diane Pie

A miniature supercell to my southwest gets a Tornado Warning issued on it, right after passing over Kalamazoo. This thunderstorm did not produce any tornadoes, but it did produce a fantastic cloud show for many in the area, along with some cloud to cloud lightning too.

You can find pictures of this at:

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e265/Aaron27_2008/4-26-11%20Thunderstorm%20...

Not long after the Tornado Warning is issued, the EAS bulletin makes an appearance. This time however, it appears a second time, with a much more automated voice. Barry County is where Hastings is, and Eaton County is the county between Hastings and Lansing.

Also notice the buzzing appears to have returned, occurring during several segments in the local forecast. The song is "Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic" by Isaac Hayes.

Found here, my favorite weather videos:

The other one:

Posted Image

I hate severe thunderstorms and the threat of tornadoes.

I can't believe we're almost back in that season. To make matters worse, it hasn't even been winter where I live, so we're just going to go straight from warm weather to warmer (hot) weather and tornadoes. =(

I so want to move to the Northeast. I'm tired of all of this.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

I hate severe thunderstorms and the threat of tornadoes.

I can't believe we're almost back in that season. To make matters worse, it hasn't even been winter where I live, so we're just going to go straight from warm weather to warmer (hot) weather and tornadoes. =(

I so want to move to the Northeast. I'm tired of all of this.

You and me both sistah!

I forgot how The Weather Channel made severe weather here in New York City (e.g., thunderstorms) sound as if they were national emergencies.

I still remember the tornadoes we got last year where I live. School was cancelled because we had no power for 5 days. xD They had to shut down the Nuclear reactors powering the area because had they kept it on, it would have just caused more damage.

...on the bright side, didn't have to take the final.

But it was a pretty scary time. Even today, you can still see much of the damage.

We don't get much severe weather around my area other than monsoons, but last year we got... like nothing from it. I do remember a funnel cloud passed directly over my house in 2002, though. There was so much hail it looked like it snowed.

I survived a storm that was officially called an "in-land hurricane" a few years ago. My house wasn't damaged, but when it was all over, I ventured outside...there was water everywhere, and I spent that evening cleaning the shingles out of my elderly neighbor's yard. I mean...I didn't do it to help her or anything, but she was grateful, and thanked me. I died a little inside.

Have you ever seen a Tornado in Texas before?

naw, but we did have the first tornado warning in over 10 years a few weeks ago. I live on the coast, so it's annual hurricanes here,

I live there too

Cool! So does FinestHour/ Rose

• Brohoof 1

I live on the border of tornado alley. Severe weather warnings are common all year long where I live, Probably in the past year my town's had at least six tornado warnings, but I've never actually seen one, and the general area has never been hit by one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

I love watching severe weather/tornados but only during the day. It sucks trying to sleep while sirens are blaring right outside your house.

There was severe weather in the area that caused the school to lock down, though my mother was on her way home and texted her to pick me up.

• Brohoof 1