Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Diane Pie

Almost 7 years ago, my town was hit by an EF-2. My dad, brother and I were on the front porch watching the deluge of wind and rain outside, while my mom was yelling at us to get back in. Then it got even windier and the power went out, so we headed back inside. 

That windier part, was the tornado passing behind our house, while we were outside. Dodged a bullet there.

Each year our siren goes off in the event of a severe storm and is tested around noon each week. But the one time, the one time a tornado actually hits, it remains silent. 

Whole developmental housing area and the lot of our historical park got torn through, and our fire chief's house got leveled. It was only once we saw the convoy of police cars from all the surrounding towns and people walking the streets in their pajamas, leaving their homes cause of a ruptured gas line, that we got hit.  

Image result for eagle tornado 2010

eagle9.jpg

eagle16.jpg

Let's hope we don't have a repeat performance this year!

• Brohoof 3

Living in Florida I've had my share of severe weather from time to time. My 'favorite' season was 2004. 

Charley, Frances, Jeanne, and Ivan in the span of a month. 

:/

• Brohoof 1

Most damage I've ever witnessed was in 2005; our double-pane windows became single-pane, and they've been like that ever since....

It's cool seeing the skies turn green and ominous, thankfully most of the time that's the most action we get :P . All the color and views of a severe storm minus the actual storm.

• Brohoof 1

I remembered hurricane season during the mist of the summer down in Florida. I was fortunate that nothing ever catastrophic ever happened but that was only in my short amount of time when I was there. Only small tropical storms and severe rainfall is all I remembered and went through during those times and in that alone was about the most severe weather I ever experienced. After that, we've moved and pretty much everything's been calmer in regards to weather.

• Brohoof 1

I remember a derecho a couple of years ago that packed a wallop. It was early in the morning [there wasn't much damage--oddly enough]. Thankfully, El Nino's forecast to return this summer. That should keep nasty weather a little less active. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Being from Maine, we don't get many tornadoes here, but I do love watching thunderstorms, especially when lightning strikes the lake across the street from my apartment, it's such a beautiful yet dangerous sight :)

• 2 years later...

I once got hit by a straight line wind that knocked down several trees in my area. A few years after that I also once got hit by what I think might have been a tornado that knocked down several trees - I wasn't home at the time, but my sibling took a video of the funnel cloud before it spawned the tornado. I've also gotten hail, severe thunderstorms, and nearby lightning strikes multiple times.

• Brohoof 2

Well it's tornado season in the U S. Be safe and stay vigilant!

Not any terrible threats from tornados up here in Michigan, but we get ice storms this time of year.