Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tumblr post I think I should bring to your attention

PhonyBrony

I am not sure I understand what you are saying here. Are you saying all songs by a artist have to be of the exact same genre, quality and style? Because if that is the case I will for sure leave, because there is no way in heck I am taking down my New Wave, Bluegrass, EDM, Industrial Experimental, Trancecore Fusion and Pop songs just so the Progressive Metal fans who enjoy my main works will enjoy absolutely everything on my profile. Variety is the spice of life after all, and no one can only make good things, the best of artists have at least 1 song that fall under their normal quality level or outside of their normal things and that is not a negative.

Sorry, yeah. You're right. I should be more clear about that. But even if one of your fans doesn't particularly like the genre of a particular song you post, I think they will think of it differently than a song of the same genre from some other musician that they haven't heard of. (I should be more broad on what I'm saying but I don't know how I'd word that xD)

Here's what I don't get: How is this suddenly an issue for them? No site to date has any reliable form of quality control for brony music. So why single out Pony.fm? Where are their posts in the same vein regarding EqD, EFR, EQBeats, etc? I agree that there should be a way to feature talent, but I'd hope these people are equally as prepared to post criticism aginst literally every single site out there that handles brony music in some way.

It's not. I was addressing Nightmare Lyre's previous post.

Maybe if more attention was paid to the music itself, rather than its brony/MLP underpinnings and the countless dead-end sites attempting to distribute it, then maybe we'd be getting somewhere. I'm beginning to suspect that the 'fandom' aspect is diluting the talent alot of it's musicians have, and probably not giving them the credit they deserve. In my view this is what should be worked on, rather than just to have 'another site for brony music' just for the sake of it.

Edited by Paspie
  • Brohoof 1