Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request shop SkyBound's Request Shop (Closed Indefinitely)

SkyBound

*Please note that if the status is full and you still wish for a request, you will be put onto a waiting list until a slot becomes available*

Welcome, one and all, to my little corner of the forum! If you have a request, whether it be for a simple character sketch, avatar, fan fiction cover piece or anything else, I will be more than happy to help!

Though I have only done one request thread in the past, it was a great learning experience for me and I am eager to give it another go. There are two reasons that I am taking these requests: First, for the practice, as there are many out there that have unique ideas and push me to try something new in my drawing. And second, to make the one supplying the request happy and that they find enjoyment in what I have created for them.

Please note that all pieces will be done using traditional media as I do not have access to any form a digital art programs. So, if anyone is adamant for a piece done digitally, my sincerest apologizes that I cannot complete your request.

Before we go further, here are a few examples of both previously completed request and other work of mine.

post-3181-0-30211000-1376353778_thumb.png

post-3181-0-66501000-1376352075_thumb.png

post-3181-0-52283800-1376352096_thumb.png

post-3181-0-16574000-1376352148_thumb.png

If you are still interested, here are some guidelines when submitting a request:

-Please provide a reference sheet of the character you wish to be drawn as well as his/her cutie mark. If you do not have a reference to use, a decent description will do just as well. Just remember: the more detailed, the better I can draw what you want.

-A brief description of your character's personality, hobbies, talents, etc.

-If you have a particular pose, setting, scene, etc that you wish to see, please include that as well.

-Any form of special request that you wish to see added, whatever it may be, please include as well

To summarize, the more information that you give me, the better I can complete your request. I can not guarantee any sort of time frame in which a request will be completed though I will provide updates on your request if you so desire. I also reserve the right to reject a request for any reason that I see fit with a proper explanation included. If you have any questions of any kind, please feel free to ask. Additionally, I will only take three requests at one time but I will try my best to get them done in a timely manner.

Thank you all for your attention!
----------------------------------------------
Slot 1: Midnight Stargazer

Slot 2: Scientist Gauge

Slot 3: Ember the Dragoness
---------------------------------------------
Waiting List

-Little Rawr

-Fridge

-Arcanel

-Silverwisp the Bard

-CadenceDerp

Edited by SkyBound
Update

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! Hey you! And I would LOVE one! >w< I have always loved your style so of course I would absolutely love one done, if it's not too much trouble, of course! There are a few references in my profile for an idea of her appearance, and extra information (if needed) in my signature, leading to the character's OC page, "Al Nair Avior - OC".  I have nothing in particular as far as how I'd like for her to look and you can certainly have fun with it, and draw the way you'd like!

Thanks a bunch for the time, and the opportunity!

Hi, there. I was wondering if you could draw me a pony :) uhm she'd be shy, into photography, likes to listen to people, friends with everyone, and has a long straight mane but a bushy tail.:) i hope i did this right id feel weird if i didnt. I can also give you more info if you need it. Oh shed be sitting also:) if you dont wanna its ok :) I figured I'd give it a shot.

They look kinda creepy, but well, your style is very interesting. I really love that sketch. You must be very skilled with pencil.

May I have my OC please? I only have one pure reference of him. That avatar of mine. Here's the full size reference:

sky_warden_by_azureskywarden-d6gd0hy.png

He's my ponysona. Never goes outside, always stays up late, studying stuff (and browsing the Internet, in real life), hates ponies in general. That black thingy is his eye bag. He's talented in wind magic and is dreaming to fly with his wind magic.

Well, that looks very... Horsey. But it's really good! :)

Anyway, the request. I would like it if you drawed my Ponysona Anti in that lovely style of yours. Here he is:

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/anti-r3982

I want him to be in any pose you want to draw him, I'll give you that.

Thanks in advance :3

Horsey...I am not quite sure it that is entirely good or not on its own. Anyway, I will be more than happy to take the request.  For some reason, I have a feeling the hair is going to give me a challenge but I will certainly try my best.  I will update you when I have something for you.  Thank you!

Oh! Hey you! And I would LOVE one! >w< I have always loved your style so of course I would absolutely love one done, if it's not too much trouble, of course! There are a few references in my profile for an idea of her appearance, and extra information (if needed) in my signature, leading to the character's OC page, "Al Nair Avior - OC".  I have nothing in particular as far as how I'd like for her to look and you can certainly have fun with it, and draw the way you'd like!

Thanks a bunch for the time, and the opportunity!

Hey, I remember you! Hello again! I would be more than happy to give drawing your OC a shot and I will update you once I have something.  And thank you for the opportunity!

Hi, there. I was wondering if you could draw me a pony :) uhm she'd be shy, into photography, likes to listen to people, friends with everyone, and has a long straight mane but a bushy tail. :) i hope i did this right id feel weird if i didnt. I can also give you more info if you need it. Oh shed be sitting also:) if you dont wanna its ok :) I figured I'd give it a shot.

Hello there!  Do not worry, you have given me enough to work with so hopefully I will have something for you soon.  If you have anything else you would like to add, please do not hesitate to say so.  Thank you!

They look kinda creepy, but well, your style is very interesting. I really love that sketch. You must be very skilled with pencil.

May I have my OC please? I only have one pure reference of him. That avatar of mine. Here's the full size reference:

He's my ponysona. Never goes outside, always stays up late, studying stuff (and browsing the Internet, in real life), hates ponies in general. That black thingy is his eye bag. He's talented in wind magic and is dreaming to fly with his wind magic.

You are not the first to say that about how I draw, so I am not really sure what to say in that regard; no offense taken but I am just curious as to what makes it a bit unappealing.  Regardless, thank you very much for the compliment.  As for your request, I have reached my three request limit but once a slot opens up, you will be the first to fill it.  Thanks again!

You are not the first to say that about how I draw, so I am not really sure what to say in that regard; no offense taken but I am just curious as to what makes it a bit unappealing.  Regardless, thank you very much for the compliment.  As for your request, I have reached my three request limit but once a slot opens up, you will be the first to fill it.  Thanks again!

Maybe because they're realistic. That's not bad. I always adore realistic style in visual art, like Andreas Rocha, but since this is a cartoon pony, which is supposed to have anatomically-wrong cute faces, drawing them in realistic style will be... yeah, real horses. XD

Nah, no big deal. I'm a patient man, but I'm still kinda pissed off by the two minutes difference between my post and the post before me. >:v

Maybe because they're realistic. That's not bad. I always adore realistic style in visual art, like Andreas Rocha, but since this is a cartoon pony, which is supposed to have anatomically-wrong cute faces, drawing them in realistic style will be... yeah, real horses. XD

Nah, no big deal. I'm a patient man, but I'm still kinda pissed off by the two minutes difference between my post and the post before me. >:v

Fair enough and I can certainly understand that reasoning.  Perhaps I should toy around with my style a little bit; it may be fun to experiment with that.

Well, hopefully those two minutes will not have you waiting too long but it is a shame that there is such a short time gap.

I very much like your art style!

I know it's full right now, but whenever possible would you mind drawing my oc? Just a headshot basically ^^ 

kztMXeQ.jpg

Here he is. :)

Thanks!

The first thing I noticed upon wandering into this thread was that the post format looked strikingly familiar.  ;)

And then I saw the art... my god.  I am incredibly jealous of your ability.  If a slot opens up, I think I'll have to make a request.  O.o

Hello! :)

If it's not a problem, and if you are not already overwhelmed by requests, could you draw a picture of my OC in your lovely style?

here is a picture of him:

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/129/a/b/collaboration__midnight_stargazer_by_asadama-d64nvmf.png

I would really appriciate it!

Thank You very much, in advance! :)

Hello!  Thank you for the request and I will be more than happy to try my hand at it once some room opens up.  Did you wish for anything in particular at all such as a pose?

I very much like your art style!

I know it's full right now, but whenever possible would you mind drawing my oc? Just a headshot basically ^^ 

Thanks!

Firstly, thank you!  I would be more than happy to complete your request once a slot has opened up, so hopefully it will not be too long.  Also, that is quite a lovely reference picture you have there.  May I ask who drew that for you?

The first thing I noticed upon wandering into this thread was that the post format looked strikingly familiar.  ;)

And then I saw the art... my god.  I am incredibly jealous of your ability.  If a slot opens up, I think I'll have to make a request.  O.o

Yes, I should apologize for that since my set up is quite identical to yours.  I was looking through several request threads to see how others have theirs set up and yours was one of the most appealing so I decided to use yours as a template.  If this is an issue, I will be more than happy to alter it.

And thank you as you are far too kind to me.  My drawing 'abilities' still need a lot of growth but thank you all-the-same!  Once a slot opens up, I will be sure to let you know so that you can make your request.

Hello!  Thank you for the request and I will be more than happy to try my hand at it once some room opens up.  Did you wish for anything in particular at all such as a pose?

Firstly, thank you!  I would be more than happy to complete your request once a slot has opened up, so hopefully it will not be too long.  Also, that is quite a lovely reference picture you have there.  May I ask who drew that for you?

Yes, I should apologize for that since my set up is quite identical to yours.  I was looking through several request threads to see how others have theirs set up and yours was one of the most appealing so I decided to use yours as a template.  If this is an issue, I will be more than happy to alter it.

And thank you as you are far too kind to me.  My drawing 'abilities' still need a lot of growth but thank you all-the-same!  Once a slot opens up, I will be sure to let you know so that you can make your request.

I appreciate you doing this, I am a very patient person so there is no rush at all! It was someone on here, but sadly I forget o:  They did a wonderful job. Anyways thanks once again!

No no no, don't worry about it. I'm not upset by that. Would be quite a frivolous thing to be upset about, haha. Kind of nice to know that the format is appealing.   :muffins:

Here is the initial sketch for your request.  I know it is nothing fancy or special, but let me know what you think.  If there is anything you want altered or added, please do not hesitate to say so.  Once everything is in order, I will tighten up the line work and it should be done (unless you want this colored, then I can try to add a flat coat).

post-3181-0-72407500-1376457350_thumb.png

I don't have any particular thoughts about the pose.You can think as freely as you can! :) I am sure whichever pose you use, it's going to come out amazing! ^_^

Here is the initial sketch for your request.  I know it is nothing fancy or special, but let me know what you think.  If there is anything you want altered or added, please do not hesitate to say so.  Once everything is in order, I will tighten up the line work and it should be done (unless you want this colored, then I can try to add a flat coat).

Nothing fancy?! That has to be the most epic sketch I've ever seen! I love it! :

And no, leave it uncolored please.

So awesome! How much time did it take?

(edited)

Nothing fancy?! That has to be the most epic sketch I've ever seen! I love it! :

And no, leave it uncolored please.

So awesome! How much time did it take?

You are far too kind and I am just glad that you indeed like it.  The sketch itself did not take me a lot of time.  However, trying to create a hairstyle that I thought was appealing (pony creater has some hard-to-decipher hairstyles when you try to think about it in 3D) took me the most time as I went through several variations first.

Anyway, I will tighten up the line work and update you when it is finished.

UPDATE!

Alright, I sharpened up the lines a bit and I believe I can call this request closed though I am unsure if there is that much of a noticeable change between this one and the last one (there really isn't!).  Anyway, I hope you do indeed are happy with this and thank you for the opportunity with your request.  Now, onto the next one!

post-3181-0-26415900-1376597810_thumb.png

Edited by SkyBound

@AmarisNsane

Here is your completed request.  To be honest...I am not entirely pleased with this one.  I probably should have just stuck with a simple shading job and I probably should have asked you if you would have preferred color before I started the final phase.  For that, I am sorry because I should have given you the option.  This just looked so much better in my head and I know there  are several things wrong with this as far as technique and execution.  But, that is what practice is for, I suppose.  Either way, I do hope you are pleased with this one and if there is anything further I can do, please let me know.

And please forgive me for the previous paragraph as I know how it sounds and it is very unbecoming.  I am just in one of those moods that I simply must shake off.  Thank you so much for this opportunity, for I did learn a bit from this experience.

Anyway, onto the next request!

post-3181-0-39778800-1376958626_thumb.png

@AmarisNsane

Here is your completed request.  To be honest...I am not entirely pleased with this one.  I probably should have just stuck with a simple shading job and I probably should have asked you if you would have preferred color before I started the final phase.  For that, I am sorry because I should have given you the option.  This just looked so much better in my head and I know there  are several things wrong with this as far as technique and execution.  But, that is what practice is for, I suppose.  Either way, I do hope you are pleased with this one and if there is anything further I can do, please let me know.

And please forgive me for the previous paragraph as I know how it sounds and it is very unbecoming.  I am just in one of those moods that I simply must shake off.  Thank you so much for this opportunity, for I did learn a bit from this experience.

Anyway, onto the next request!

GASP!! Oh! Thank you so much!! I think it came out absolutely gorgeous/stunning!! It was -just- the thing I needed to see the first time I get on after a while! Cannot contain smiles!! And no worries, it was actually the sort of thing I was hoping for, so to me, it came out perfect!

Thanks a bunch for taking to the time to do this for me!  :D 

@AmarisNsane

You are more than welcome and it means a lot to me that you are indeed pleased with this, for that is the most important thing when it comes to these requests to me.  And thank you most sincerely for giving me the opportunity.  Take care!

Oh darn, I can't believe I missed this! Well if you decide on doing more requests I'll be sure to show up. Your art is one of my favorites from around the forum, and it is so kind of you to do it for free.

@Bronyette

Thank you very much for your kind words.  

Do not worry, I will still be doing request; you will just be on the waiting list until a slot opens up and then I can get the details for your request then.  Here is to hoping you will not have to wait too long and that I do not disappoint! 

Now, now, you cannot think that.  Anyone and everyone has the ability to draw; it just takes time and practice to acquire it.  Just do not stop practicing.  I certainly practice as much as I can and I still have a lot of growing to do!

Anyway, if you still wish for a request, I can put you on the waiting list and once a slot opens up, I will notify you and get your request details then.  Does this sound alright?