Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Audio devices

LowfatEnvelope

What do you prefer?   

67 users have voted

1. 1. What's your prefered audio device(s) ?

• Headset (Have a mic)
    • Headphones (No mic)
    • Speakers
    • Other (Situational rather then always going with one over the other)

I have a bunch of different ways I listen to music. When I'm out I usually just use my apple earbuds, when I'm home and don't want to annoy everyone in the near vicinity I use headphones, when nobody's home I can always resort to my surround sound, and when I'm running live sound/DJing I bring out the big system xD

Just a pair of boring old JVC Gummies or my laptop speakers, depending on what I'm doing and how many people are nearby.

• 3 months later...
(edited)

My $10 earbuds, that I got two years ago, lasted longer and produced a better sound than my dad's $150 headset.

Anyway, I use my headset when using Skype or other forms of voice chat, and I use earbuds the rest of the time.

Edited by Vinyl Pon3 Scratch

My Turtle Beaches suck

I've always had bad luck with earbuds (they either hurt or fall out)

Headphones are too bulky

And speakers aren't private enough but they give the best audio expirience in my opinion because they allow the most freedom (at least within a room) and sound the best

Here's mine:

Steel Series Siberia V2 (Red, for PC)

Posted Image

Turtle Beach X41 (For Xbox)

Posted Image

so much want

I like my Sennheisers. Good headphones especially for $80. However, nothing beats a good stereo system but they cost a lot (low quadruple digits at least), so my current system will have to do. Why does good audio gear have to be so expensive?

• 4 months later...

Headphones when I am ether working or in public, it cancels out all those annoying noises. Though when my parents are gone, and I am bored,I get out my dad's twin tower speakers and start rattling the neighbor's windows :ph34r:

So I started out with a crappy little Logitech $25 headset, built in mic and everything. Then I upgraded to a Razer Electra, but kept the Logitech around my neck for the mic, like a boss.

Now, I've got the Electra and a Blue Yeti mic.

I HATE earbuds/Skullcandies. They literally either always fall out my ridiculously big ear canals or they just hurt my inner ear way too much to even enjoy them.

I usually rock my Headphones when I'm on my laptop. I never listen to my iPod in public (so I don't understand why I have it lol, maybe just for like long vacations), but on the rare occasions I do, I always have my white Sony Streamliners. :)

When listening to music I prefer to use earbuds, they're more discreet and they're perfect for listening to music while in public

Other than that, I could REALLY go for a decent headset for xbox

I usually prefer speakers when watching or listening to anything while at home, but I do have decent pair of Razer headphones for when I stay up late, or in public places and I don't want to disturb people.

I'm loving my new Astro A50s (pictured below), sound wise, they are virtual 7.1 and i must say they perform just as well as a true 7.1 setup, with the advantage of having a microphone and keeping sound personal.

I did have a pair of Razer Tiamat 7.1 headphones, they are true 7.1, but they sucked beyond belief.

Posted Image

Edited by Lost

My computer monitor has speakers built-in. Its good enough for what I usually do, watch videos on YouTube, or maybe have some music blaring.

If I want privacy, or if I'm editing audio, I do have a set of headphones I got for $5, they're not earbuds, but they go into your ear.

And of course, if I'm listening to music on my phone, I'll usually use my headphones, but sometimes, I'll use the built-in speaker (Which sounds awesome for a phone)